Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jun 2023, 11:28 (Ref:4160363)   #1
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Oulton Park, 17/18 June 2023, Rounds 13/14/15

I'll let someone else fill in the remainder of the details but need to start a new thread as TV coverage has been announced

https://www.btcc.net/2023/06/07/itv1...om-oulton-park
Coverage will start on ITV1 at 12:00 with BTCC plus F4 and Carrera Cup races, then swap to ITV4 at 14:00 until 18:15

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...tonPark_V3.pdf
Timetable for the weekend

Qualify will use the Top Ten Shootout format, and after Thruxton we are back to an option tyre weekend.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 11:43 (Ref:4160366)   #2
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTCC the last race of the day again at one of the circuits which is terrible for traffic getting out of the venue. I know it's not easy to fit the 3 races into Oulton's compressed race day but it would make everyone's life so much easier at the end of the day if BTCC Race 3 wasn't the final event.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 12:41 (Ref:4160387)   #3
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
BTCC the last race of the day again at one of the circuits which is terrible for traffic getting out of the venue. I know it's not easy to fit the 3 races into Oulton's compressed race day but it would make everyone's life so much easier at the end of the day if BTCC Race 3 wasn't the final event.
Haven't seen the timetable but is the issue the time between each BTCC race for the teams to prep the cars?
Old 7 Jun 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4160398)   #4
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Haven't seen the timetable but is the issue the time between each BTCC race for the teams to prep the cars?
Race 1 to Race 2 has a 90 minute gap from finishing to pitlane opening. Replicating that between Race 1 and Race 2 would allow them to get Race 3 going 20 minutes earlier and then still have time for the F4 race comfortably before the 18:30 curfew.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 13:05 (Ref:4160400)   #5
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

We went a few years ago, and that time they had 2 races after the BTCC and it was still a nightmare, both just exiting the circuit from Hislops' car park but also all the roads around the area.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 13:14 (Ref:4160406)   #6
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
We went a few years ago, and that time they had 2 races after the BTCC and it was still a nightmare, both just exiting the circuit from Hislops' car park but also all the roads around the area.
It's never good. If it weren't for the fact the track has been there decades you'd not get away with building it with such poor access.

I love the track, it's my local venue and where I got into racing/BTCC in the 90s, but it feels like the modern day BTCC has outgrown it on track (it's rarely a particularly exciting meeting these days) and off track.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 13:31 (Ref:4160422)   #7
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For certain events, I think that all the tracks have traffic issues. 7 years ago my sons and I went to the GP at Silverstone in two cars because one of them was going South whilst we were going North. Although we left to leave the circuit at the almost same time, just a couple of minutes different, we were directed into different lanes to enter the A43.

We were fed onto the west bound carriageway which was virtually empty and we sailed along until we got to the last roundabout before the M1, whilst my other son was fed onto the east bound side which was almost at a standstill.

As a result of this traffic management, we ended up arriving up in Yorkshire before he got back to the M25.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4160438)   #8
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
We were fed onto the west bound carriageway which was virtually empty and we sailed along until we got to the last roundabout before the M1, whilst my other son was fed onto the east bound side which was almost at a standstill.
Surely the M1 is actually eastbound of Silverstone?
Old 7 Jun 2023, 14:11 (Ref:4160442)   #9
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
M1 is east of Silverstone, about 10 miles or so, past Towcester along A43.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 15:04 (Ref:4160457)   #10
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post

As I am sure you are aware, or I would have thought so, on the Sunday of the GP meeting the A43 west bound is closed from the M1 to allow traffic from the circuit to use both carriageways to get to the M1.
Old 7 Jun 2023, 15:23 (Ref:4160466)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
As I am sure you are aware, or I would have thought so, on the Sunday of the GP meeting the A43 west bound is closed from the M1 to allow traffic from the circuit to use both carriageways to get to the M1.
Ah, I see. You were eastbound on the ‘wrong’ carriageway.
Old 13 Jun 2023, 16:44 (Ref:4163570)   #12
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Provisional entry list

https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uplo...D-13.06.23.pdf

MINI JCW - 21 entries (regular grid, return of Faulconbridge, no Simon Reed)

British F4 - 22 entries (regular grid, no DePalo as expected)

Porsche Carrera Cup GB - 23 entries (same grid as Thruxton)

Radical Cup UK - 22 entries (car #5 appears to be getting driven by one driver on Saturday, and another on Sunday)
Old 14 Jun 2023, 07:40 (Ref:4163627)   #13
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I’ve waited over an hour in the past to get out of Donington (I think it was 1999) and more recently I went to Snetterton and again I think it was 90 minutes of standstill before we made any progress.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 09:36 (Ref:4163645)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Donington is usually ok to get out of, although we have had problems getting out of their before. I feel the situation has improved there. I went to Snetterton this year and we had no problems getting in or out.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 11:51 (Ref:4163662)   #15
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Just a reminder to one and all that Sunday's TV coverage starts on ITV1 at 12:00 before swapping to ITV4 at 14:00.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 12:10 (Ref:4163666)   #16
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just a reminder to one and all that Sunday's TV coverage starts on ITV1 at 12:00 before swapping to ITV4 at 14:00.
Incoming barrage of comments from fans that find that concept too much to manage…

Bit annoying we don’t get any build-up though and get thrust into the first race.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 13:35 (Ref:4163680)   #17
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Guarantee that the official BTCC social media will be full of people saying they weren't told despite the same channels telling them multiple times. If like last year probably all the team socials as well before Sunday.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 17:07 (Ref:4163715)   #18
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ITV 1 - impressive
Old 14 Jun 2023, 19:14 (Ref:4163757)   #19
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Incoming barrage of comments from fans that find that concept too much to manage…

Bit annoying we don’t get any build-up though and get thrust into the first race.
I prefer that. I always fast forward to the parade lap.
Old 14 Jun 2023, 21:47 (Ref:4163769)   #20
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, we don't need an hour of waffle before the racing starts, just get on with it.
Old 15 Jun 2023, 07:30 (Ref:4163801)   #21
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Looks like a good chance of a few showers on Sunday. Coul,d make things interesting if they arrive at the right/wrong time
Old 15 Jun 2023, 10:41 (Ref:4163825)   #22
coffinpilot
Racer

coffinpilot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where does Lord Palmer park his helicopter (obviously not on the grass haha!) when he graces Oulton with his presence?
Old 15 Jun 2023, 11:14 (Ref:4163828)   #23
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
Where does Lord Palmer park his helicopter (obviously not on the grass haha!) when he graces Oulton with his presence?

I would imagine in the same area as the heli-med that the BTCC have on standby, or certainly used to. He is also not the only one that has the use of a helicopter to go to the circuits; others such as Jason Plato used to fly in, and Lewis Hamilton has also flown in when visiting his brother on race days.
Old 15 Jun 2023, 11:16 (Ref:4163829)   #24
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffinpilot View Post
https://msvstatic.blob.core.windows....ctions_NEW.pdf

He has a dedicated parking spot next to the Fogarty Moss Centre on the infield
Old 15 Jun 2023, 13:52 (Ref:4163866)   #25
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
I would imagine in the same area as the heli-med that the BTCC have on standby, or certainly used to. He is also not the only one that has the use of a helicopter to go to the circuits; others such as Jason Plato used to fly in, and Lewis Hamilton has also flown in when visiting his brother on race days.
Plato was fixed wing and the Medical chopper used to park next to the Medical Centre