Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 28 Feb 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4100672)   #2001
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
Wishful thinking, I'm sure, but the press release just says "Vauxhall Astra" - doesn't say whether it's the outgoing or new shape. Not sure PMR are necessarily flushed with enough £££ for new builds 'though!
I'm pretty sure the PMR car is going to look very very similar to last years. Changes to stickers and maybe not much else.
Old 28 Feb 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4100675)   #2002
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So of the 12 not publicly confirmed which are the three not locked in?
Old 28 Feb 2022, 20:10 (Ref:4100676)   #2003
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
So of the 12 not publicly confirmed which are the three not locked in?
In that list, the three seats with the most ?s are a BTC seat and two HARD. seats. Maybe they are the least certain?
Old 28 Feb 2022, 20:16 (Ref:4100677)   #2004
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I still can’t predict who will be at BTC and who will get the other two HARD seats is anyone’s guess. Quite frankly it’s two cars two many for HARD if you ask me
Old 28 Feb 2022, 20:34 (Ref:4100681)   #2005
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quite a few top drivers had already signed somewhere else and HARD have probably got as many top class drivers as they can get with the two they currently have. I can’t see who else could go there, apart from any ‘lesser’ driver
Old 28 Feb 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4100682)   #2006
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
What’s with the ANTagonism ? I am just interested that’s all….
Old 28 Feb 2022, 21:29 (Ref:4100688)   #2007
Jay87
Rookie

Jay87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Going by the butcher press release I would think one unconfirmed seat is toyota as they said they were talking to nic Hamilton about it, another I'm guessing is whatever is going on with the fourth btc tbl
Old 28 Feb 2022, 22:11 (Ref:4100690)   #2008
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is getting a tad tiring now that you can't accept the fact that other people can know things but aren't allowed to share details.
Old 28 Feb 2022, 22:17 (Ref:4100691)   #2009
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But there are two ways to go about it. You know something that isn't public knowledge. You either a) leak it in this rumour thread for discussion or b) don't mention it at all.

Too many times posters here have tried to shut down discussions on rumours because they *know* something that hasn't been announced yet. Whilst they may be right, it doesn't help the discussion on here at all.

What's the harm in letting people speculate, if at least publically, nothing more accurate is known? The attitude of I-know-something-you-don't-know just goes nowhere.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 07:19 (Ref:4100708)   #2010
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
But there are two ways to go about it. You know something that isn't public knowledge. You either a) leak it in this rumour thread for discussion or b) don't mention it at all.

Too many times posters here have tried to shut down discussions on rumours because they *know* something that hasn't been announced yet. Whilst they may be right, it doesn't help the discussion on here at all.

What's the harm in letting people speculate, if at least publically, nothing more accurate is known? The attitude of I-know-something-you-don't-know just goes nowhere.
The original comment was fine *all but 3 seats have been signed for*, it adds to the discussion and speculation. It also gives some insight to how early the deals are actually done in comparison to when it is officially announced.

What is happening here, is a certain poster is upset that he doesn't know any more information and keeps posting the same rubbish every few days. It is tiring now, if you want to post rubbish like that - stick to the Facebook groups.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4100711)   #2011
mj088
Racer

mj088 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is getting a tad tiring now that you can't accept the fact that other people can know things but aren't allowed to share details.
I think people do accept this but the conversation is extremely tedious on this board, i think what we really want is a 2023 thread with 32 posts saying "the driver of this car has been signed, i might know who it is but couldn't possibly say" and then the thread is locked.

The "i know something you don't know" attitude which breads like rabbits on here is not really for productive conversation. Still it beats the arguments over spelling and semantics I suppose.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 09:38 (Ref:4100717)   #2012
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The original comment was fine *all but 3 seats have been signed for*, it adds to the discussion and speculation. It also gives some insight to how early the deals are actually done in comparison to when it is officially announced.

What is happening here, is a certain poster is upset that he doesn't know any more information and keeps posting the same rubbish every few days. It is tiring now, if you want to post rubbish like that - stick to the Facebook groups.
Not so just interested
Old 1 Mar 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4100719)   #2013
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Has there been clarity on how the electric energy deployment is going to work? What I mean is the sporting rules, not the technical details.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 09:49 (Ref:4100720)   #2014
acepipe82
Rookie

acepipe82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
I think people do accept this but the conversation is extremely tedious on this board, i think what we really want is a 2023 thread with 32 posts saying "the driver of this car has been signed, i might know who it is but couldn't possibly say" and then the thread is locked.

The "i know something you don't know" attitude which breads like rabbits on here is not really for productive conversation. Still it beats the arguments over spelling and semantics I suppose.
It's breeds not breads BTW. Lol ?
Old 1 Mar 2022, 10:51 (Ref:4100726)   #2015
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mj088 View Post
Still it beats the arguments over spelling and semantics I suppose.
And question marks.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 10:54 (Ref:4100727)   #2016
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Jack Butel making noises like he's got something sorted.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 13:05 (Ref:4100740)   #2017
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Saw that yesterday, surely 4th Exceler8 seat is the only place he could go?
Old 1 Mar 2022, 13:58 (Ref:4100745)   #2018
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why ?

it could be HARD too
Old 1 Mar 2022, 14:53 (Ref:4100758)   #2019
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
why ?

it could be HARD too
Technically it could be Dynamics, BTC, Power Maxed etc etc. I guess we'll find out soon enough.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4100759)   #2020
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Where was that?

His latest one on FB says 'new year, new goals', which, if we read that literally, suggests outside the BTCC?
Old 1 Mar 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4100760)   #2021
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
New goals could also mean aiming for top tens? Or consistent top 15s?
Old 1 Mar 2022, 16:18 (Ref:4100764)   #2022
S griffin
Veteran

It could be anything, could be aiming for a new series. We won’t know till it’s confirmed as ever
Old 1 Mar 2022, 16:20 (Ref:4100765)   #2023
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It could be anything, could be aiming for a new series. We won’t know till it’s confirmed as ever
We will just have to wait and see.
Old 1 Mar 2022, 16:22 (Ref:4100767)   #2024
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
if you want to post rubbish like that - stick to the Facebook groups.
Reddit groups are far more fun. There are posters there who think that Napa are funding Motorbase to the tune of millions to cover the salaries of the two drivers....
Old 1 Mar 2022, 18:37 (Ref:4100771)   #2025
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I'm concerned about your knowledge of Michael "Creesy" Crees' ring.

Title sponsor could be Andrex Supreme Quilts...