Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 15 Mar 2022, 08:41 (Ref:4102556)   #2276
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
medius - sorry to do this, but for the sake of the forum - have you had a source that has been feeding you mis-information?

Rick Parfitt Jr:

Jack Butel:

Bobby Thompson:

Dexter Patterson:

Grid Size of 32:

I'm looking for the Chris Goodwin, Darren Turner or Andy Priaulx announcement later this week.
Somebody has to get it all wrong, I've given up that job

So I'll not type the JP rumour I heard otherwise getting it all wrong will be my job again...
Old 15 Mar 2022, 09:35 (Ref:4102561)   #2277
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Somebody has to get it all wrong, I've given up that job

So I'll not type the JP rumour I heard otherwise getting it all wrong will be my job again...
So, i have lost the plot now which are the three that are not fixed
Old 15 Mar 2022, 10:16 (Ref:4102566)   #2278
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
So, i have lost the plot now which are the three that are not fixed
The ones that do not currently have a driver signed.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 11:59 (Ref:4102570)   #2279
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Today's award for "stating the bleeding obvious" is presented to...

crmalcolm!

As an aside, this is abhorrent:

Quote:
Let T = number of unsigned seats
Let U = number of publicised seats
U = unsigned
P = publicised

Mixing up the definitions like that makes my hair curl (and I haven't got much). It's like looking at someone else's code and thinking "why, why did they do *that*?"

Old 15 Mar 2022, 12:16 (Ref:4102574)   #2280
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Some blokes and a bird will drive some cars.

Some other blokes and some other birds will not drive some cars.

That's that cleared up
Old 15 Mar 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4102575)   #2281
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
Mixing up the definitions like that makes my hair curl (and I haven't got much). It's like looking at someone else's code and thinking "why, why did they do *that*?"
The letters O,U and T were chosen deliberately.

And - why go for the obvious choice, hide the obvious in the code to deter other's from adopting.......

In seriousness though - there are:
A) Signed, publicised deals.
B) Signed, not publicised deals.
C) Unsigned deals.

I'm not sure why there is an obsession over how many deals are in the categories of B and C? A healthy discussion, debate and speculation can be had over anything that is not A, regardless of which other category they fall into.

For example - we know that there are 23 publicised deals. Rumour and discussion can be had over all of the remaining 9 seats, can they not?
Old 15 Mar 2022, 12:28 (Ref:4102577)   #2282
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Some people will drive some cars.
Some other people will not drive some cars.
FTFY - I don't think we have any avian entries confirmed yet.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 13:26 (Ref:4102582)   #2283
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England

Quote:
FTFY - I don't think we have any avian entries confirmed yet.
Ah, well there's confirmed and there is confirmed.

Emu of Rod Hull and Emu fame may well be about to embark on a new career in BTCC. A reporter went to interview him about this exciting rumour and hasn't been seen since...
Old 15 Mar 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4102590)   #2284
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
For example - we know that there are 23 publicised deals. Rumour and discussion can be had over all of the remaining 9 seats, can they not?
As long as you define your variables properly. I don't believe ten-tenths is strictly typed
Old 15 Mar 2022, 16:30 (Ref:4102630)   #2285
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just hope we get the announcements soon, what are the teams keeping secret at this time? Surely they've already decided who goes where?
Old 15 Mar 2022, 17:41 (Ref:4102645)   #2286
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
WSR livery reveal tomorrow, and it's looking like it's back to white.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 18:03 (Ref:4102648)   #2287
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That would be awesome! White suits BMWs a lot better than black.
Old 15 Mar 2022, 18:06 (Ref:4102649)   #2288
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
but but Black liveries matter
Old 15 Mar 2022, 18:11 (Ref:4102650)   #2289
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
https://twitter.com/bmwukmotorsport/...133349892?s=21
Old 16 Mar 2022, 08:05 (Ref:4102717)   #2290
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BMWs back in white for this year:

https://www.btcc.net/2022/03/16/team...very-revealed/
Old 16 Mar 2022, 08:15 (Ref:4102719)   #2291
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Not that I dislike it, but isn't it just the 2018 1-series livery on a bigger car
Old 16 Mar 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4102723)   #2292
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Not that I dislike it, but isn't it just the 2018 1-series livery on a bigger car
Almost - there are a few (very minor) differences.

The main difference I see is that the rear stripes are inverted in sequence and the front stripes are moved from the arches to the bonnet.

Personally - I think it's already been done, and this is slightly worse than the last time.

It's also an interesting choice of logo from the sponsor on the rear quarter. I know it's not copyrighted, but my first thought was that the team has an affiliation with the RAF in some way, not that a composites manufacturer.......
Old 16 Mar 2022, 08:37 (Ref:4102724)   #2293
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It may be similar but I love it. A classic, BMW livery, a lot better than the black one.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 08:57 (Ref:4102727)   #2294
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting to see the 'Bluesquare' brand on these BMWs too
Old 16 Mar 2022, 08:59 (Ref:4102728)   #2295
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Loving the classic white BMW livery, glad it's making a comeback
Old 16 Mar 2022, 09:09 (Ref:4102732)   #2296
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don’t understand how such a simple livery which uses iconic M colours doesn’t look good. It should work but it doesn’t.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 09:11 (Ref:4102734)   #2297
3marinadrive
Rookie

3marinadrive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Loving the classic white BMW livery, glad it's making a comeback

Love the look of this - classic BMW Motorsport style livery....if Jake's car ends up being close to the render they released when they announced the Rokit deal it will appease those who preferred the matt black livery - at least we won't get Colin & Jake confused on track!
Old 16 Mar 2022, 09:29 (Ref:4102737)   #2298
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Black wheels? Bleagh!

I guess factory BMW's have traditionally been predominately white, however I just think the 1-series looked better.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4102742)   #2299
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Interesting to see the 'Bluesquare' brand on these BMWs too
I think that is connected to the 3rd car running under the MB Motorsport banner.
It would not be a surprise to see that space change over the course of the season with different blue square affiliates being promoted.
Old 16 Mar 2022, 10:39 (Ref:4102743)   #2300
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Looks really, really good!

Except the number placement is going to annoy me so much!