Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Apr 2022, 04:20 (Ref:4105607)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2022 Repco Supercars Series - Races 6, 7, 8 & 9 - Beaurepaires AGP SuperSprint

Where to...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 7 Apr 2022, 07:05 (Ref:4105614)   #2
sebringimsa
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
sebringimsa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was an interesting barrier at turn 5.

Funny how when put into a practical sense, a theory in engineering doesn't work too well....
If it rolls, floats, flys or crashes, runs on gasoline or high explosives, shoots a big bullett, makes lots of noise, producing torque and recoil, THEN ITS COOL!! But if it's a ball made out of leather inflated with air hit with a bat, racquet or club, played on a course, green or court by yubbies or left-wingers it SUCKS!!
Old 7 Apr 2022, 07:44 (Ref:4105618)   #3
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mustangs grab both poles, and not necessarily the "fast" Mustang... But still parroty whiners whining.

Should make for some interesting racing.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 09:37 (Ref:4105633)   #4
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SVG from the last will be fun to watch. How high can he climb? I'd say Top 10 for sure, who knows what more. Can he make a podium finish? Seems like a long shot but never say never with Van Gisbergen. He can do it in certain conditions, I'm sure.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4105639)   #5
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There doesn't appear to be uk tv coverage for this event, usually on BT sport but no listing anywhere, very strange.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 16:56 (Ref:4105703)   #6
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
There doesn't appear to be uk tv coverage for this event, usually on BT sport but no listing anywhere, very strange.
Could be something to do with the Aussie end of the broadcast.... normally V8SC is covered by Channel 7 for FTA but as this weekend is the GP support and the F1 is broadcast by 10, for this weekend AFAIK it is all covered by Channel 10 broadcast. (Plus Foxtel but that is pay TV and has F1 and V8 rights)
My understanding anyway.... but I must confess to being in Europe this month so cant confirm.
Old 7 Apr 2022, 18:02 (Ref:4105712)   #7
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Could be something to do with the Aussie end of the broadcast.... normally V8SC is covered by Channel 7 for FTA but as this weekend is the GP support and the F1 is broadcast by 10, for this weekend AFAIK it is all covered by Channel 10 broadcast. (Plus Foxtel but that is pay TV and has F1 and V8 rights)
My understanding anyway.... but I must confess to being in Europe this month so cant confirm.
Yep, thanks EB. I seem to remember similar situations before when F1 coincides.
Old 8 Apr 2022, 04:57 (Ref:4105752)   #8
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Is there any car in the race apart from Van G ? He's been the topic in commentary for around 90% of the time.
Old 8 Apr 2022, 05:37 (Ref:4105755)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backagain View Post
Is there any car in the race apart from Van G ? He's been the topic in commentary for around 90% of the time.
Only because Scotty Mac left.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 8 Apr 2022, 05:46 (Ref:4105757)   #10
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I completely agree. Don’t get me wrong, SVG’s efforts are incredible, but the amount of stories, particularly the back half of the top ten, there were so many stories to cover, almost all of them ignored.

Maybe time to put some fresh blood in commentary? MS has been great, but I still think GT, Ambrose, Murph (even rotate them?) would give a fresher approach? Just my 2 cents..
Old 8 Apr 2022, 05:56 (Ref:4105758)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

It was the same with Scotty, Whincup Ambrose, Skaife himself.

Old 8 Apr 2022, 11:53 (Ref:4105807)   #12
Backagain
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
I completely agree. Don’t get me wrong, SVG’s efforts are incredible, but the amount of stories, particularly the back half of the top ten, there were so many stories to cover, almost all of them ignored.

Maybe time to put some fresh blood in commentary? MS has been great, but I still think GT, Ambrose, Murph (even rotate them?) would give a fresher approach? Just my 2 cents..
Unfortunately, the two Muppets commentating are too closely buddied up with 888. Very unprofessional and unfair to the rest of the field who also have a story and a need for sponsor exposure.
Old 8 Apr 2022, 11:57 (Ref:4105808)   #13
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Unfortunately, the two Muppets commentating are too closely buddied up with 888. Very unprofessional and unfair to the rest of the field who also have a story and a need for sponsor exposure.
Show me on the doll where Skaife touched you...

Old 8 Apr 2022, 12:01 (Ref:4105810)   #14
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Car 97, is going to run in the Sunday afternoon open wheeler event at 3pm.

SVG going start to rear of field and show the pay for my seat/ daddy has squillions in the bank boys how to go racing.
Old 8 Apr 2022, 12:27 (Ref:4105817)   #15
Mixer
Veteran

If anybody is looking for validation of my position that Miss Indy isn't qualified for the job she is doing, see her interview of Garry Jacobson during Practice 1.

Pure qualty.
Old 8 Apr 2022, 14:05 (Ref:4105833)   #16
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice to see 1980 F1 champ Alan Jones getting interviewed by some talking heads on the Friday afternoon coverage.

Elephant stamp for Macca Jones for his sixth place in race 6.

Hopefully DJR can get a better result in the next race.
Old 9 Apr 2022, 01:48 (Ref:4105913)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
If anybody is looking for validation of my position that Miss Indy isn't qualified for the job she is doing, see her interview of Garry Jacobson during Practice 1.

Pure qualty.
I am imagining some dingbat in the control room is talking to her thru the earpiece at the exact moment she is trying to make an interview happen.
Sadly it’s not the only incidence of flubbing this weekend
Old 9 Apr 2022, 01:49 (Ref:4105914)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
And Mr Hazelwood makes P5 in R2, and top 10 in the championship..
Old 9 Apr 2022, 02:16 (Ref:4105915)   #19
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I am imagining some dingbat in the control room is talking to her thru the earpiece at the exact moment she is trying to make an interview happen.

Sadly it’s not the only incidence of flubbing this weekend
That is called being a television presenter. That dingbat is a, producer and Charli did it without issue.

Old 9 Apr 2022, 04:22 (Ref:4105918)   #20
Backagain
Racer

[QUOTE=Mixer;4105808]Show me on the doll where Skaife touched you...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Aren't you too old to play with dolls.....
Old 9 Apr 2022, 23:16 (Ref:4106058)   #21
Kingair
Veteran

Like button needed for Mixers comment- Show me on the doll where Skaife touched you?

SVG victory in race 4 almost assured and will it be by five seconds or more?

Or will Jack Smith be drinking the champagne?
Old 10 Apr 2022, 02:24 (Ref:4106064)   #22
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yellar Flashin Lites

R9: restart @ 2/20...how unfair is it for the backmarkers that are still seeing a Flashing Yellow trackside around a blind corner, whilst the leader instantly reacts to a waved green and restarts?...it was only about a second, but full course Green Flags are usually instantaneous
Old 10 Apr 2022, 04:22 (Ref:4106066)   #23
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingair View Post
Like button needed for Mixers comment- Show me on the doll where Skaife touched you?

SVG victory in race 4 almost assured and will it be by five seconds or more?

Or will Jack Smith be drinking the champagne?
Didnt happen...

Driver error... cooked it... still leading the championship of course...
Old 10 Apr 2022, 04:58 (Ref:4106069)   #24
Kingair
Veteran

Happy birthday for Chas.
Old 10 Apr 2022, 08:11 (Ref:4106100)   #25
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 275 GTB-4 View Post
R9: restart @ 2/20...how unfair is it for the backmarkers that are still seeing a Flashing Yellow trackside around a blind corner, whilst the leader instantly reacts to a waved green and restarts?...it was only about a second, but full course Green Flags are usually instantaneous
Nope, never have been. SC periods have always finished with green at the finish line with the greens then appearing sector by sector around the circuit - have never been an instantaneous green. Not unfair on the back markers at all - they can go as soon as the car in front of them goes but like the leaders, can't pass before the control line.