Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 12 Sep 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3766274)   #26
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
Is HSV in play in any way? Is Jeff Browne still involved.
HSV only exists as a marketing agreement with Holden, which I think you will find will not be renewed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Little was said to be in the mix for a Garth Tander Racing opportunity last year after WP chucked him.. not clear who else (if anyone) may have been approached.
Regardless of the talk about this the Tanders were never in.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 13:44 (Ref:3766277)   #27
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
HSV only exists as a marketing agreement with Holden, which I think you will find will not be renewed.
Speedcafe is of the belief an announcement on an extension of its deal with HSV is imminent. http://www.speedcafe.com/2017/09/09/...partner-talks/
Old 12 Sep 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3766296)   #28
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There is significant infrastructure and dealer investment in HSV so maybe they will use them as the outlet for OPC again, or maybe brand aftermarket accessories.
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:51 (Ref:3766511)   #29
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post

Regardless of the talk about this the Tanders were never in.
I believe there is more to HSV than a marketing agreement, ie the company behind HSV - Mr Browne chaired that company after Tom passed away. For example:https://www.motoring.com.au/hsv-owne...anning-104281/

Paul Little still sponsors Garth thru his real estate outfit. Have cashed in his Toll shareholding & stepped down from his role at Essendon Football Club in the AFL .....
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:54 (Ref:3766514)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy View Post
I believe there is more to HSV than a marketing agreement, ie the company behind HSV - Mr Browne chaired that company after Tom passed away. For example:https://www.motoring.com.au/hsv-owne...anning-104281/

Paul Little still sponsors Garth thru his real estate outfit. Have cashed in his Toll shareholding & stepped down from his role at Essendon Football Club in the AFL .....
Mr Little is certainly capable of just about anything in the motorsport space
All kind of depends on his inclination.. which is not immediately obvious
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Sep 2017, 11:59 (Ref:3766518)   #31
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Maybe with Ryan's massive passion for motorsport, his excellent business skills and ability to run a racing team he can join the Supercars Board
Old 13 Sep 2017, 21:51 (Ref:3766661)   #32
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is he still working the decks in Ibiza?
Old 19 Sep 2017, 22:38 (Ref:3768656)   #33
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
The funny thing is... Mr Brown recently bought the Tander/Percat Bathurst winner... I wondered from the image and that connection whether Mr Brown's United Autosports wouldn't be a great partner for WP...
And now Mr Brown is being linked to a deal..
Story Here
Old 20 Sep 2017, 00:05 (Ref:3768664)   #34
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Better late, than never.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3768672)   #35
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Story Here

Mr Walkinshaw's comment is interesting....
Old 20 Sep 2017, 00:53 (Ref:3768674)   #36
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Story Here

Mr Walkinshaw's comment is interesting....
here is that quote

Quote:
Ryan Walkinshaw would not comment on the matter, at Sandown telling AA only, “Zak bought a car off us and people are jumping to the wrong conclusions.”
Old 20 Sep 2017, 03:28 (Ref:3768705)   #37
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Maybe an offers been made for a stake in the business which is still being looked by Walkinshaw and Browns comments are there to try push the deal through. It's a minority stake not an change of ownership. Having Brown onboard would seem in theory to be a help in finding sponsors
Old 20 Sep 2017, 08:22 (Ref:3768741)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Seems like there is more to the story...

Old 20 Sep 2017, 08:24 (Ref:3768743)   #39
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You know it's going to be a fluff piece, when it takes the cover, instead of the enduro we just had. Not to mention the biggest stack of the year...
Old 20 Sep 2017, 08:27 (Ref:3768745)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
You know it's going to be a fluff piece, when it takes the cover, instead of the enduro we just had. Not to mention the biggest stack of the year...
You would hope they haven't let the whole story go on their website before the paper comes out. Find out tomorrow..
Old 21 Sep 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3768932)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Andretti Autosport + United Autosports @ Walkinshaw

In today's AA, Mr Branagan & Mr Knutson confirm that an ownership group comprising Andretti Autosport & Mr Brown's United Autosports appear set to take an ownership stake in Walkinshaw Racing for next season.

The article specifically quotes Mr Brown as having interest, and that his involvement would be with another partner (Andretti)

There is discussion about various Andretti management personnel being available for relocation to Walkinshaw to boost the ranks.

The article also suggests that an announcement should be in the works prior to Bathurst!

Old 21 Sep 2017, 00:52 (Ref:3768933)   #42
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Yeah and that headline regarding ownership changes is a bit misleading. Sure a minor stake is being chased by Brown but nothing major such as that headline insinuates.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 00:53 (Ref:3768934)   #43
Umai Naa
Veteran

I wonder how much of the pie they're asking for?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 00:55 (Ref:3768935)   #44
Umai Naa
Veteran

I thought they'd moved on from tabloidism?
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:12 (Ref:3768936)   #45
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The article isn't specific on that.

What is interesting though is that WP is still sitting in the Linfox complex at Clayton when there was a big song and dance earlier in the season about relocating during the mid-season break to the new Walkinshaw Group enclave which was set to include their caravan business, HSV and the other automotive units of the company.

Perhaps it is staying separate still for a reason...
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3768939)   #46
Umai Naa
Veteran

Perhaps they'll relocate at the conclusion of the season?

Seems kinda counter-productive to uproot in the midst of a significant form slump.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 01:21 (Ref:3768941)   #47
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Perhaps they'll relocate at the conclusion of the season?

Seems kinda counter-productive to uproot in the midst of a significant form slump.
Can't make it any worse
Old 21 Sep 2017, 03:32 (Ref:3768976)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
The headline isn't 'Alonso & Mario For Bathurst' which has to be a big improvement
Old 21 Sep 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3768993)   #49
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Quote:
I thought so too

I still refer to the mag as Auto Fiction, no disrespect to the current crew but its hard to shake a long term habit such as that
Old 21 Sep 2017, 18:45 (Ref:3769123)   #50
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any reason for the need for a separate thread? Would have thought it more sensible to continue using the same one the creator had posted to not more than 24 hours. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=151654&page=3 Not as if it is ground breaking news, just chat at this stage.