Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Mar 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3805193)   #1
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2020 ETCR series, first global multi-brand racing series for electric touring cars

The future is now - the E TCR!
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...-racer-reveal/
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2018...c-touring-car/
Old 2 Mar 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3805195)   #2
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the racing's as good as the car looks!
Old 2 Mar 2018, 14:44 (Ref:3805242)   #3
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
I wonder which parts will be spec and which will be free.

Drivetrain? Chassis? Suspension/brakes?
Old 2 Mar 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3805295)   #4
Fechna
Racer

Germany
Germany
Fechna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
300-500 kw power output... this car could be a monster.

I hope the races are longer then 10min long.
Old 2 Mar 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3805304)   #5
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really can't see myself being interested in a race without noise. If the racing is decent, and they avoid the FE-esque dreadful street tracks, 'fan-boosts' and manufacturers congratulating themselves on how great they are, I might give it a chance.

A world electric championship is a bit of a joke though, unless someone invents electric planes.
Old 4 Mar 2018, 13:09 (Ref:3805703)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
A world electric championship is a bit of a joke though, unless someone invents electric planes.
Rolls Royce, Airbus, Boeing, Siemens, JetBlue, EasyJet are all investing in electric planes.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business...-siemens-team/

ETCR looks good. If we can get 30 minute races out of them then that's all that's needed for touring cars. Still would miss noise and gears mind you. It'll be sad when we don't have noise anymore.
Old 6 Mar 2018, 16:27 (Ref:3806299)   #7
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
- 4/5-door production touring cars
- Electric motor with 300kW of continuous power and 500kW of max power @ 12000 rpm
- Battery capacity: 65 kWh 800V
- Transmission: rear-wheel drive, single gear
- Front suspension: McPherson strut
- Rear suspension: Double Wishbonehttp://tcr-series.com/index.php/news...hnical-details
Old 21 Oct 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3858201)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
2020 ETCR series, first global multi-brand racing series for electric touring cars

Quote:
The ETCR series, the first global multi-brand racing series for electric Touring Cars, has been officially launched today at Circuit Barcelona-Catalunya.

A restricted number of guests, including representatives of car manufacturers, automotive suppliers and media, gathered at the ETCR hospitality unit located inside the paddock, in the frame of the GT Open and TCR Europe final event.

Marcello Lotti, President of WSC, introduced the ETCR concept that will have its own championship in 2020.

“In the wake of the global success achieved by TCR and being aware of the automotive market’s current trend towards a new and responsible mobility, two years ago WSC Technology embarked on this ambitious project with the aim of educating the motorsport community in making contact with these new technologies that represent the future reality.”

“The ETCR applies electric power units to the very same chassis concept of TCR cars. It is already attracting the interest of different car manufacturers that also regard it as a tool to restore the role of motorsport as a platform for research & development that can transfer experience and innovations to the standard products.”

“Our ultimate goal is to show the fans that electric car races are as entertaining as those for the internal combustion-engined cars. And we would like to highlight the deep involvement of CUPRA in the overall project from a technical point of view. The cooperation between WSC and SEAT began from the inception of the TCR concept and has now taken a further step forward during this project with the development of the first racing car built in compliance with the ETCR technical regulations.”

After the press conference the guests witnessed the CUPRA e-Racer in a dynamic demonstration and then moved to the pit lane for having a close look at the first fully electric touring car.

CUPRA is the first brand that has developed and presented the new technology for the ETCR platform: the e-Racer is powered by two twin-electric motors located over the rear axle, delivering up to 500 kW (680 bhp) and is also equipped with an energy recovery system. Compared to the conventionally powered CUPRA TCR; despite weighing 400 kilos more, it features excellent performance, such as 0-100 km/h acceleration in 3.2s, and 0-200 km/h in 8.2s.

Further details on the event format and the calendar of the ETCR global championship’s maiden season will be unveiled in due course.
http://www.endurance-info.com/en/wsc...k-off-in-2020/
Old 21 Oct 2018, 20:13 (Ref:3858234)   #9
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
The big question, for me, is how far will these cars go on a charge? Race distance one hopes but what is race distance?

I consider Formula E a joke because of the having tool change car mid race nonsense, hopefully these boys will not be making the same mistake.
Old 21 Oct 2018, 21:54 (Ref:3858273)   #10
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
How much are the cars gonna weigh?
Old 21 Oct 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3858282)   #11
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
How much are the cars gonna weigh?
400 kgs more than normal TCR
Old 22 Oct 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3858325)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
That’s one overweight racing car.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 06:55 (Ref:3858328)   #13
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
400kg? That's frankly ridiculous. Take a Golf, add 400kg to it and you have a Golf that's weighing in near to a full size petrol SUV.

On that basis I'm out, until battery technology moves on...

Not related, and apologies for wandering off topic, but Tesla Model 3 was the 4th best selling car in the USA in September. Now if anyone can slim down an electric car and produce a racer I would put money on Tesla... whether it's on their to do list is unknown.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 07:22 (Ref:3858330)   #14
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Not related, and apologies for wandering off topic, but Tesla Model 3 was the 4th best selling car in the USA in September. Now if anyone can slim down an electric car and produce a racer I would put money on Tesla... whether it's on their to do list is unknown.
Have you checked the curb weight of a Tesla? 'Lightweight' or 'slimmed down' is not a phase that springs to mind.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 08:39 (Ref:3858348)   #15
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More weight=bigger crashes when you loose control=bigger bill for repairs...
Old 22 Oct 2018, 09:27 (Ref:3858369)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
At 1700kg that’s way more than most road sporty hatchbacks. I’d put money on the road car being able to corner quicker. How much did a road going Civic Type R weigh? I think it was between 1200kg and 1300kg depending on the model.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3858389)   #17
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
1380kg
according to this http://webcarstory.com/tech.php?id=80933
Old 22 Oct 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3858397)   #18
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
The big question, for me, is how far will these cars go on a charge? Race distance one hopes but what is race distance?

I consider Formula E a joke because of the having tool change car mid race nonsense, hopefully these boys will not be making the same mistake.
Touring car races are generally 20-30 mins - I'd expect these cars to manage that.

As an aside, as of next season car swapping in FE is no more - they will apparently now go a race distance (plus the new car looks great). I'll be giving it a look next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
Which is presumably why they've given it nearly 700hp! It will be quick in a straight line at least, how well it will brake and go round corners is anyone's guess. Plus, as already mentioned, that much extra weight is likely to make crashes bigger and more expensive.

I'm not convinced by this at the moment, but keeping an open mind...
Old 22 Oct 2018, 14:08 (Ref:3858425)   #19
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
https://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152480
Old 22 Oct 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3858438)   #20
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And they will be RWD. Let's give them at least a chance
Old 22 Oct 2018, 18:11 (Ref:3858476)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Did a search yesterday but did not find it.
Moved the topic to this one.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 18:19 (Ref:3858479)   #22
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
400 kg heavier but double the power.
Old 23 Oct 2018, 07:15 (Ref:3858556)   #23
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregc View Post
Touring car races are generally 20-30 mins - I'd expect these cars to manage that.

As an aside, as of next season car swapping in FE is no more - they will apparently now go a race distance (plus the new car looks great). I'll be giving it a look next season.

Which is presumably why they've given it nearly 700hp! It will be quick in a straight line at least, how well it will brake and go round corners is anyone's guess. Plus, as already mentioned, that much extra weight is likely to make crashes bigger and more expensive.

I'm not convinced by this at the moment, but keeping an open mind...
Brakes will be fine - they will utilize a lot of regen from the motor

A lot of the questions being thrown up here are already covered by the Jag I-Pace Trophy,
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/f...rophy-race-car
Old 23 Oct 2018, 17:49 (Ref:3858658)   #24
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
FIA WRX proposed an electric class, but Peugeot has left.

I have doubts over the feasabilty of the proposal.

Anyway, Formula E has been much more successful than I predicted.

So let the new challenge begin!
Old 23 Oct 2018, 18:56 (Ref:3858687)   #25
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When they realise that electricity fans do not care about racing, everybody will be happy, I think.