Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Apr 2019, 22:54 (Ref:3894958)   #151
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Chris Goodwin and Alex West also happen to be team owners..
That's great! Doesn't excuse Harris's inclusion though..
Old 3 Apr 2019, 07:21 (Ref:3894989)   #152
ivozet
Rookie

ivozet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A week before the race, they are no able to publish entries. Any date for drivers market closure?
Old 3 Apr 2019, 07:35 (Ref:3894993)   #153
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivozet View Post
A week before the race, they are no able to publish entries. Any date for drivers market closure?
They are always publisht monday or tuesday before the race
Old 3 Apr 2019, 07:46 (Ref:3894996)   #154
ivozet
Rookie

Drivers bidding procedure is being performed. Same for GT4
Old 3 Apr 2019, 08:30 (Ref:3895005)   #155
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:

There’s no date for drivers market closure. It’s sportscars-some deals only get closed in the week leading up to the race. I don’t mind that all.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3895006)   #156
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
hes a big name for the team? He might do a little piece on Top Gear?

Dunno
Old 3 Apr 2019, 10:36 (Ref:3895042)   #157
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I think Harris is a safe pair of hands - he's generally a little quicker than West and a little slower than Goodwin.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3895046)   #158
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
The trio works well together hence the results. Goodwin’s the quick guy, Harris is a bit slower and West bringing up the tail end. Seems like a good fit. Harris would bring in some publicity but as has been said he’s a safe pair of hands also. He’s done a few 24hr races so isn’t some rookie. Hope they can go one better this year and grab the title.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 14:06 (Ref:3895079)   #159
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
hes a big name for the team? He might do a little piece on Top Gear?
Harris is more than Top Gear. He got the Top Gear gig in large part because he already had a strong online presence and credibility. He's extremely media friendly - positive, articulate, enthusiastic. I think he's an asset to the series. And he's only taking an Am spot - if he was occupying a Pro seat that would be different of course.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 17:10 (Ref:3895114)   #160
ivozet
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
There’s no date for drivers market closure. It’s sportscars-some deals only get closed in the week leading up to the race. I don’t mind that all.

Teams are on low- budget and looking for low cost drivers.

SRO should partnering with Italian ACI sport for publishing entries on Friday, just before practise.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 18:10 (Ref:3895129)   #161
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Teams are on low- budget and looking for low cost drivers.

SRO should partnering with Italian ACI sport for publishing entries on Friday, just before practise.

If you think anyone in Blancpain is low budget you might need to reassess what you think that phrase means. Running at the top tier of GT3 isn’t cheap for anyone Racing
Old 3 Apr 2019, 21:27 (Ref:3895161)   #162
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
If you think anyone in Blancpain is low budget you might need to reassess what you think that phrase means. Running at the top tier of GT3 isn’t cheap for anyone Racing
Look what David Perel did.Saved up for something like 8 years I think.Spent the time on Gran Turismo.Club racing like GT Cup or Britcar is normally around 5 to 10k a day or per weekend for drives.I dont know the money terms involved in higher level but from what I saw at Britcar its probably ridiculous.
Old 3 Apr 2019, 23:23 (Ref:3895168)   #163
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
As a retired team owner once said to me in jest: "ah yes, the poor man's racing series"
😄
Old 4 Apr 2019, 05:58 (Ref:3895186)   #164
ivozet
Rookie

Quote:

You just visit Bergamo airport on monday in the morning after the race. There low cost staff at low cost airport, flying with Ryan and saving fuel.

Back on topic. When is the deadline for submitting entries, according to the rules?

In this edition again no grid walk tickets on sale.

Last edited by ivozet; 4 Apr 2019 at 06:20.
Old 4 Apr 2019, 08:53 (Ref:3895203)   #165
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
49 cars entered for Monza
Old 4 Apr 2019, 12:45 (Ref:3895252)   #166
ivozet
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
49 cars entered for Monza

Expected more, 5 less than 2018 edition.
Old 5 Apr 2019, 17:03 (Ref:3895534)   #167
ivozet
Rookie

24 Pro in 2018
19 Pro in 2019

No 720, no Corvette, no Jaguar, no Lexus and M6 in pro.

Welcome to the Amateur League on high budged and low cost drivers
Old 5 Apr 2019, 21:29 (Ref:3895574)   #168
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
24 Pro in 2018
19 Pro in 2019

No 720, no Corvette, no Jaguar, no Lexus and M6 in pro.

Welcome to the Amateur League on high budged and low cost drivers

Well, pretty sure the championship with probably the most factory drivers in the world is not low budget
Old 6 Apr 2019, 17:06 (Ref:3895749)   #169
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But you have Audi, Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin and Bentley.. not really much to complain in terms of car diversity there.

The Jaguar is a privately built car which I don't remember running in Pro the last few years, same with the GT3 Corvette which only ran in ADAC GT Masters and maybe 2-3 more races around the world.
Old 6 Apr 2019, 19:21 (Ref:3895777)   #170
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well, pretty sure the championship with probably the most factory drivers in the world is not low budget
Don´t feed the troll.
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:09 (Ref:3896013)   #171
Bcarr6
Veteran

I’m curious why whether Endurance is becoming less important as IGTC grows....

Although an IGTC and BES campaign combined make for a pretty well rounded season.

On the topic of IGTC, they are now just missing South America, and the Middle East before this is a truly ultra global series.

I wonder if they will look to absorb something like the Gulf 12 hrs to expand the series in the future. It’d make a nice addition to the calendar, and would be a better race with the more professional field IGTC is starting to bring
Old 7 Apr 2019, 18:26 (Ref:3896021)   #172
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
On the topic of IGTC, they are now just missing South America, and the Middle East before this is a truly ultra global series.

I wonder if they will look to absorb something like the Gulf 12 hrs to expand the series in the future. It’d make a nice addition to the calendar, and would be a better race with the more professional field IGTC is starting to bring
I agree. The IGTC has the potential to be an awesome series...it arguably already is.

Two iconic races (Bathurst and Spa)
Two races at iconic tracks with long endurance histories (Suzuka and Kyalami)

One new race at an iconic venue with potential to be a classic (Laguna Seca)

I'm not sure if Abu Dhabi quite has that iconic potential, but the Gulf 12 could certainly be an event SRO could build.

Edited to add: it already has a 24, 12, 10, 9 and 8 hour race. And the Gulf 12 is actually run as 2x6s. Perfect :-)
Old 8 Apr 2019, 14:44 (Ref:3896246)   #173
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
At the Goodwood Member's Meeting last weekend McLaren debuted the Senna GTR and provided various road cars for selfie-taking guests to do hot laps.

Yet the were unable to persuade anyone to buy their brand new GT3 car to run in the world's biggest GT3 series.

Can't help thinking they haven't quite got their priorities right.

Incredible limited cars for millionaires to drive on track days - check.

Programmes in actual competitive race series - not so much.
Old 8 Apr 2019, 20:41 (Ref:3896319)   #174
Bcarr6
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
At the Goodwood Member's Meeting last weekend McLaren debuted the Senna GTR and provided various road cars for selfie-taking guests to do hot laps.

Yet the were unable to persuade anyone to buy their brand new GT3 car to run in the world's biggest GT3 series.

Can't help thinking they haven't quite got their priorities right.

Incredible limited cars for millionaires to drive on track days - check.

Programmes in actual competitive race series - not so much.
I believe this is still very much a development year for the Mclaren GT3, much like Bentley did with the new Continental in its first year.

Mclaren are just running a select number of customers for the year before a big push in 2020 with a (hopefully) proven car.

As for absence from Blancpain, it does seem absurd, I think they focused more on their big new tie in with Teo Martin at the GT Open. Easy wins maybe.. I cant help but think its a mistake not at least being in the rest of IGTC
Old 13 Apr 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3897237)   #175
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For me i have nothing relevant to add to this discussion because im pathetic but i wish we could have more round specific entries, for example some British GT teams entering Silverstone, Italian GT teams coming out at Monza. I dont know, im not smart but ill just enjoy what we have now because lets be honest, in 20 years time will non electric motorsport exist?