Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 Nov 2018, 12:40 (Ref:3862141)   #76
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The course (which is a LV 2) has been good recently been doing stuff like Helicoil,removing broken stuff,thread block,using multimeters etc.Its all new to me mostly which is good,nexy year going to probably have quite a nosy when looking at some of the cars at historic meets.I got the F2 info from a car for sale saying 'ready for Silverstone Classic 2019'.Hopsefully Group C can continue getting decent grids wish it was back at Silverstone.
Old 12 Nov 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3862708)   #77
L-G Sjöberg
Racer

L-G Sjöberg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For those wishing to come to do some historic racing in Sweden in 2019, the dates are: May 10-12 (Kinnekulle Ring), June 14-16 (Karlskoga), July 5-7 (Ring Knutstorp), August 23-25 (Mantorp Park), September 20-22 (Falkenberg). Open to all FIA historic classes for cars complying with Appendix K and with a valid HTP or corresponding national VIF (not only Swedish ones).
Old 13 Nov 2018, 13:39 (Ref:3863033)   #78
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWillmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news of a HSCC Calendar for 2019?
Old 13 Nov 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3863047)   #79
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I dare you to ring the HSCC office to find out . I think there are a few head aches at moment .
Old 13 Nov 2018, 14:32 (Ref:3863049)   #80
Willmaz223
Veteran

I think ill wait for a bit , will be interesting to see if any changes are made, hoping to go the big ones e.g. International, Superprix depending on what will feature at them. Also what classes can get a boost in numbers for next season such as Pre 80 which started out well but has declined a bit. Perhaps a few more CAN-AM.
Old 13 Nov 2018, 14:36 (Ref:3863050)   #81
Willmaz223
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I dare you to ring the HSCC office to find out . I think there are a few head aches at moment .
What's your plans for next season as I am interested into how much work goes into preparing for a new seasons I see that you run a preparation company .Are you aware of any Historic racing companies in the SE that I could be able to do work experience at. If you could suggest any that would be greatly appreciated.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3864136)   #82
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
HSCC Announced their provisional calendar on Saturday:

30 March, Donington Park

18/19 May, Silverstone International Trophy (GP Circuit)

1 June, Snetterton

15/16 June, Cadwell Park (Wolds Trophy)

29/30 June, Legends of Brands Hatch Superprix (GP Circuit)

13/14 July, Anglesey

3/4 August, Croft Nostalgia Weekend

24-26 August, Oulton Park Gold Cup (International Circuit)

21 September, Brands Indy

19/20 October, Silverstone Championship Finals

In addition to these dates, the HSCC will be the race organising club for several other major events including the Silverstone Classic (26-28 July) and the Walter Hayes Trophy at Silverstone (2/3 November).
Old 19 Nov 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3864190)   #83
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Peter. I can see one no-no for me- Silverstone IT clashes with the Spa Classic. That’s a bummer.......
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3864207)   #84
Unit 2 Racing
Racer

United Kingdom
Ormesby St. Margaret, Norfolk UK
Unit 2 Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks, Peter, Just booked my accommodation for Cadwell Park.
I left it to late last year & ended up in a pub that was not very clean Angel was not happy.

There are people who drive racing cars and there are Racing Drivers. Gilles Villenuve
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:41 (Ref:3864221)   #85
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Mmm, having added the dates to the wall chart, the following clashes....

Donington 30 Mar clashes with HVM / Masters Le Castellet.

Silverstone 18/19 May clashes with PA Spa Classic.

Snetterton 01 Jun clashes with Thruxton Revival.

Brands Superprix 29/30 Jun clashes with Spa Summmer Classic and HVM / Masters Magny-Cours.

Brands 21 Sept clashes with PA Monza.

Silverstone finals 19/20 Oct clashes with PA Le Castellet.

Apart from the Thruxton clash, the others are all with events across the channel, so it may not matter......
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:47 (Ref:3864227)   #86
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Currently I can't make any dates before June, due to family or work commitments. This includes the 77MM, even if I'm invited.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 12:48 (Ref:3864228)   #87
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
What date is the Donington Classic or has it been canned in favour of the Masters date?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 13:26 (Ref:3864233)   #88
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
What date is the Donington Classic or has it been canned in favour of the Masters date?
Donington Historic Festival is May 03-05.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3864238)   #89
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So that's another one Peter can put in his diary that he can't make.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 14:42 (Ref:3864250)   #90
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
If it hasn't already been posted, CTCRC dates on FB today....

The CTCRC are pleased to announce the 2019 Calendar.
16th March Oulton Park
20th/21th April Brands Hatch ( Easter weekend Truck meeting )
5/6 May Snetterton
1st /2nd of June Silverstone (national)
6th /7th July Castle Combe
24th August Donington
September-TBC
All 12 rounds are championship qualifying rounds.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 17:14 (Ref:3864276)   #91
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I’m hoping all these dates go Tits up . Let’s hope there is a GP change of date . As mike said there are too many clashes at the moment .
Old 19 Nov 2018, 18:40 (Ref:3864294)   #92
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I’m hoping all these dates go Tits up . Let’s hope there is a GP change of date . As mike said there are too many clashes at the moment .
Ever was so
Old 19 Nov 2018, 19:25 (Ref:3864299)   #93
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I was (OK still am ) hoping to do a few HFF2000 races next year, but the number of HSCC events that fit the schedule is limited.....

Alan, any idea which meetings the cars will be racing at?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3864319)   #94
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Come to Pau Mike
Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:52 (Ref:3864320)   #95
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
You can transport done cars to help pay Mike . Juniors and FF2000 as well as Classic F3.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 22:02 (Ref:3864345)   #96
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Delta is right, Mike, Pau is not the worse place to go even if located in France. And closer than Monaco for you… Juste hope the greens won't make troubles.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 06:31 (Ref:3864413)   #97
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Delta is right, Mike, Pau is not the worse place to go even if located in France. And closer than Monaco for you… Juste hope the greens won't make troubles.
I’ve been to the meeting twice with delta and it’s great fun- But both times I needed wellies in the paddock when it rained! Talk about mud......
Old 20 Nov 2018, 08:20 (Ref:3864421)   #98
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I was (OK still am ) hoping to do a few HFF2000 races next year, but the number of HSCC events that fit the schedule is limited.....

Alan, any idea which meetings the cars will be racing at?
As things stand...

Donington (or possibly a meeting at Silverstone on 13th April)
Pau
Cadwell
Spa on 28-30 June with HMR
Anglesey
Croft
Oulton
Brands Indy
Silverstone Finals

Oh - and at Pau in 2017 wellies were definitely not needed. It was one of the hottest meetings I've ever been to.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3864428)   #99
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Oh - and at Pau in 2017 wellies were definitely not needed. It was one of the hottest meetings I've ever been to.
Well it would be dry the year I’m not able to go......

Thanks for the dates.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 11:36 (Ref:3864466)   #100
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Difficult to argue about the paddock situation at Pau. In fact, there are several. Again, hope ecology won't mess this meeting.