Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 31 Aug 2012, 11:32 (Ref:3127838)   #126
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Official announcement :

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-12864.html
Old 31 Aug 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3127891)   #127
MagVanisher
Veteran

MagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMagVanisher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
So I guess Murphy is joining PLM then... Good news!
Old 31 Aug 2012, 16:58 (Ref:3127968)   #128
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Thats been announced for a few weeks , but only Firth-Hughs were down for the drive ..... now Hartley is confirmed ..... cool beans .
Old 31 Aug 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3127982)   #129
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post
Thats been announced for a few weeks , but only Firth-Hughs were down for the drive ..... now Hartley is confirmed ..... cool beans .
[Apologies, had to be posted] Cooooooool beans. [/had to be posted]

Chris
Old 31 Aug 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3127984)   #130
The Badger
Veteran

It means the same as "good egg" .
Old 1 Sep 2012, 03:21 (Ref:3128100)   #131
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...ore-notebook1/
According to Dagys, a "major European LMP1 team appears to be finalizing plans to enter the Petit Le Mans". Obviously it is from the WEC since ELMS doesn't have LMP1 anymore, so I have a strong feeling Rebellion Racing is going for an overall victory at Petit Le Mans. They've got the goods to take the fight to Muscle Milk and Dyson. I highly doubt any of the factory teams will show up (Toyota due to budget, Audi probably has little interest now, and the Porsche is almost certainly not ready yet).
Old 1 Sep 2012, 03:24 (Ref:3128101)   #132
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
According to Dagys, a "major European LMP1 team appears to be finalizing plans to enter the Petit Le Mans". Obviously it is from the WEC since ELMS doesn't have LMP1 anymore, so I have a strong feeling Rebellion Racing is going for an overall victory at Petit Le Mans. They've got the goods to take the fight to Muscle Milk and Dyson. I highly doubt any of the factory teams will show up (Toyota due to budget, Audi probably has little interest now, and the Porsche is almost certainly not ready yet).
That is fantastic news! Could be OAK though.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 03:42 (Ref:3128105)   #133
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
That is fantastic news! Could be OAK though.
Entirely dependent on Dagys' definition of major.
Although, the WEC dates seem too prohibitive for (any of) Rebellion (or, Strakka/JRM) to consider entry - unless they're planning on entering a spare chassis or, partnering with an existing operation.

OAK seems the more likely candidate.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3128130)   #134
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Did Rebellion buy new cars this year or convert their old ones?
Old 1 Sep 2012, 06:35 (Ref:3128132)   #135
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bought new, they'd still have their old cars.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 06:38 (Ref:3128133)   #136
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
My money is on Rebellion, then... they were making noises about looking at fulltime ALMS last year, so it would make sense to do at least PLM.

None of the HPD-teams have a car available, so they are automatically out.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 07:35 (Ref:3128140)   #137
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
We do have to remember the timeline (one off-week between Fuji and China), and if Rebellion were to run PLM, it would almost have to be with one of their older cars more than likely. And problem is, unless they can bum bodywork off of Dyson or they have a stock pile of spares, they can't update those cars to 2012 spec. Granted, that basically means a new nose, but with Lola's situation, spares might not be easy to come by.

My bets are on Rebellion, OAK, or maybe even as a very distant possibility Audi. They've won the WEC manufacturers' title, and they have spare cars and up to date bodywork for them. The question is what would Audi get out of running PLM other than saying that they've won it for the first time since '08?

More than likely, it has to be Rebellion or OAK, since Rebellion has spare tubs at least, and OAK seems to be interested in selling cars in the US. Audi, it's a question or ROI, and I can't see very much at PLM right now for them.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 07:40 (Ref:3128141)   #138
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All Rebellion needs to do with their 2011 cars is chuck a fin on the back and open up the tops of the fenders, not huge modifications.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 10:48 (Ref:3128182)   #139
The Badger
Veteran

Hughs-Firth-Hartley confirmed for PLM .

http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-12864.html

Really hope Murphy can pull off the win , they deserve it for their brilliant efforts .
Old 1 Sep 2012, 14:38 (Ref:3128241)   #140
Duff_44
Racer

United States
Bristol, CT
Duff_44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
All Rebellion needs to do with their 2011 cars is chuck a fin on the back and open up the tops of the fenders, not huge modifications.
I think the 2012 cars are the same as the 2011 cars, just with updates.
Racing Sports Cars listed the chassis # for Spa as B10/60 HU01 (#12) and B09/80 HU01S (#13), both of which are updated to B12/60 spec.

I think the Euro entrant for PLM will probably be OAK, I think they have another LMP1 chassis kicking around and they're already going to be at PLM with one of their P2 entries.
Old 1 Sep 2012, 15:11 (Ref:3128257)   #141
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
If it's Oak I assume this will be with HPD power?
Old 1 Sep 2012, 20:21 (Ref:3128451)   #142
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No one knows yet if it will be Oak but since Oak is getting HPD power for Shanghai and Fuji ....
Old 2 Sep 2012, 23:33 (Ref:3129490)   #143
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The garage 56 entry will be there.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 00:15 (Ref:3129504)   #144
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Was gonna ask in the merger forum if you could reveal your news since it wasn't about the merger. Highcroft going to run it again?
Old 3 Sep 2012, 01:28 (Ref:3129533)   #145
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The garage 56 entry will be there.
That is awesome, and I can't believe I am going to miss my first Petit in 7 years.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 03:47 (Ref:3129568)   #146
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is awesome, and I can't believe I am going to miss my first Petit in 7 years.
Sucks for you, but it'll be cool to see the DW. Besides GT, that'll be the only thing worth showing for...that, and a reason to booze it up for three days straight at the track.

We'll miss you in turn 4, seriously. Along with most everyone else.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 04:09 (Ref:3129576)   #147
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'd expect a real good turnout this year once folks realize it might be the last one.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 05:36 (Ref:3129610)   #148
simontibbett
Rookie

United States
GA
simontibbett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
I'd expect a real good turnout this year once folks realize it might be the last one.
It won't be the last one, maybe last time called "Petit Le Mans" but unless Grand-Am is 100% retarded they won't dump an event that brings in a LOT of money.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 12:23 (Ref:3129836)   #149
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I feel like it will be the last one in a spiritual sense. Seriously what will the last race before ALMS is dead and gone going to look like next year? I can't imagine much money from teams will be put into it. I remember moving from Florida and going to Sebring for the last time. This year's Petit will likely have the same feel to it.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 12:57 (Ref:3129856)   #150
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Audi, it's a question or ROI, and I can't see very much at PLM right now for them.
Before the introduction of the e-Tron Quattro, I read where Audi wants to become the #1 supplier of electric vehicles in the U.S. by 2015. It think the ROI on the e-Tron Quattro racing in the U.S. could be very high.

Here's a story that says they wish to become the leader in high-end luxury electric cars by 2020. They are touting the 2014 e-tron here, so I think the interest by Audi in the U.S. market is still very high.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/21/a...uff-in-malibu/