Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Jun 2013, 20:57 (Ref:3268580)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Le Mans 2014 - Who is Attending?

I guess I might as well get the ball rolling about next years race. Now who is planning to attend?

Well I can confirm that I will be back, not sure how or when but I have been given my pass out Mrs Jones. Only 363 days to go best start planning....
Old 23 Jun 2013, 21:21 (Ref:3268595)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good lord that was quick!

Well, having spent a frustrating twenty four hours at the shop counter, batting customers away during the exciting bits, I have firmly stated that I am not going to miss 2014. Twice. I've already got the pass-out for the LM Classic, but I don't want to hear Martin Haven tell me just how easy it is to get to La Sarthe one more time.

And to be frank, however awful the weather in France, nothing in the world can compare with waking up at Arnage to a plate of merguez et frites or reminiscing over the race over a convivial supper in Beaumont-sur-Sarthe at the first stop on the long, leisurely way home.

2014 - count me in!
Old 23 Jun 2013, 22:28 (Ref:3268644)   #3
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I really need to get there soon, haven't made it all night in a couple years at home so better get there soon before I want 10 hours of sleep a night. LONG expensive trip from the states though. Any thoughts on the easiest way for an American to get and stay there?
Old 24 Jun 2013, 07:19 (Ref:3268717)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, even though I'm actually still sitting in Le Mans, I'll post that I have every intention of being there in 2014!
Old 24 Jun 2013, 08:04 (Ref:3268740)   #5
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Count me in.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 10:17 (Ref:3268777)   #6
greeny12
Rookie

greeny12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As soon as Porsche's return in 2014 was announced I said to my Le Mans-going mate that we'd also make a comeback after a few years away due to family/financial pressures.

We're already planning...
Old 24 Jun 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3268779)   #7
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Seems like Le Mans might not really like having me there... the weather, the tragedy and everything conspired to attempt to make me not enjoy the event. I enjoyed it overall but the whole ordeal gave me a bit of an empty feeling...

I shall most likely be back next year, hoping to see and have a much more straightforward and clean week.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 10:49 (Ref:3268788)   #8
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes, and the Classic.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 13:46 (Ref:3268888)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well lets just say the planning for 2014 will start as soon as I have finished putting all the stuff back in the loft, oh and will be doing the classic as well
Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:00 (Ref:3268908)   #10
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD View Post
Good lord that was quick!

Well, having spent a frustrating twenty four hours at the shop counter, batting customers away during the exciting bits, I have firmly stated that I am not going to miss 2014. Twice. I've already got the pass-out for the LM Classic, but I don't want to hear Martin Haven tell me just how easy it is to get to La Sarthe one more time.

And to be frank, however awful the weather in France, nothing in the world can compare with waking up at Arnage to a plate of merguez et frites or reminiscing over the race over a convivial supper in Beaumont-sur-Sarthe at the first stop on the long, leisurely way home.

2014 - count me in!
Good lord, there's a blast past from the past! I don't get on here much these days either but I think it must be ten hundred and fifty years since Tim's last post by now?

I'll not be back for some time yet you will be pleased to hear. But one day!
Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:16 (Ref:3268918)   #11
Tont
Rookie

United Kingdom
London, UK
Tont should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm definitely going. I managed to watch all 24 hours on Eurosport this year, and know I have to go for 2014.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:40 (Ref:3268943)   #12
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Err, At the risk fo repeating myself...

Give it a few days at the very least!
Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:49 (Ref:3268945)   #13
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
When Pentacost and Easter won't be on the same day next year, I'll be there!
Old 24 Jun 2013, 14:59 (Ref:3268949)   #14
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wanted to attend for years, but thanks to school and other annoyances, I have never had chance to.

Hoping to lose my Le Mans virginity in 2014 to celebrate graduating university.

But no doubt afterwards I will be well and truly in debt. Ah well, has to be done.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:24 (Ref:3268959)   #15
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Me, Me, Me, Me, Me!

Eventhough I've started school, and Might have exams at the time, I WILL find a way to be there
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:28 (Ref:3268966)   #16
rblanshard
Racer

United States
Dallas, TX
rblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrblanshard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep. Said it before, I'll be back. While watching on my couch with timing and scoring on the PC, it just wasn't the same. I kept looking at my watch and guessing where Ayse and Bentley were.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 15:44 (Ref:3268976)   #17
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't expect to move so I stay here and of curse will book my place as soon as possible waiting for you to arrive.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3268984)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I reserved my tickets about a month ago
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3268997)   #19
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'll be back

I missed the 2013 Ten Tenths encounter but i won't miss it in 2014!
so i'll be there !!
Old 24 Jun 2013, 16:50 (Ref:3269015)   #20
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simmi is still driving back to Yorkshire, but we'll be back next year.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 17:01 (Ref:3269026)   #21
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
I guess I might as well get the ball rolling about next years race. Now who is planning to attend?

Well I can confirm that I will be back, not sure how or when but I have been given my pass out Mrs Jones. Only 363 days to go best start planning....
Moi.
Old 24 Jun 2013, 18:28 (Ref:3269064)   #22
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Old 24 Jun 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3269067)   #23
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
stopped planning a few years ago ..

Ciao Marco
Old 24 Jun 2013, 18:52 (Ref:3269075)   #24
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
can't imagine not going, so count me in
Old 24 Jun 2013, 19:20 (Ref:3269091)   #25
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Definitely going to return after 3 years in the wilderness. I even here Porsche are bringing along a LMP1 in my honour

And crikey, both TimD and Craig on the forum. Next thing Dr Austin will be back with his Porsche models, (that's one for people with very long memories)