Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:10 (Ref:1244179)   #1
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Ford must feel stupid right now !!!

I mean they sold the old team, amd now they were so close in taking 3 position... Come on was it the car, that bad.... or the lack of drivers! Yes sure last year they had the magic Webber.... who drove almost the entire race behind David.
I bet that Ford are feeling pretty stupid right now
Or... is it cosworth that got better...????
What do u think

Or maybe this is....
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:18 (Ref:1244194)   #2
alfasud
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
alfasud should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Ford/Jag team were more interested in putting diamonds on the nose of the car and stupid stunts like that. Combination of factors I guess.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:24 (Ref:1244203)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
The bean counter at Ford are probably happy they don't have to chuck all those dollars down the bottomless pit anymore.
If anyones happy it should be Red Bull,they would be pushed to buy the amount of free advertising that DC got them today.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:25 (Ref:1244205)   #4
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think you are jumping to conclusions to early. Give it a few more races and see how they go, then we can judge if they have done as good a job as many people are making out.

We must remember that wet qualifying played a role in giving DC his track position.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:31 (Ref:1244213)   #5
raul_iulian
Racer

Romania
Arad, Romania
raul_iulian has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi # 46
I think you are jumping to conclusions to early. Give it a few more races and see how they go, then we can judge if they have done as good a job as many people are making out.

We must remember that wet qualifying played a role in giving DC his track position.
So it did for JV and look were he finished! And don't say that he is finished or Massa dis better... cause u know the truth.... Massa went in only one time.
If the car is good it shows!
And the driver ofcourse!!!!!!! It's Highlander's year
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:35 (Ref:1244218)   #6
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul_iulian
So it did for JV and look were he finished! And don't say that he is finished or Massa dis better... cause u know the truth.... Massa went in only one time.
If the car is good it shows!
And the driver ofcourse!!!!!!! It's Highlander's year
I agree, dont get me wrong I think that Redbull and DC did a great job today. However, the point that I am trying to make is that dont expect to see the same results as today in the next few GP's and for the rest of the season.

As DC put it, 'It is time to go away and take a reality pill'.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:40 (Ref:1244224)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Rossi is right, that was one result. In addition if Frod were still in charge, could that result of happened? Potentially, yes, but would it have all jsut fallen into place like that did?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1244235)   #8
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford very likely are feeling stupid...but then again they probably were before too
Old 6 Mar 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1244240)   #9
Rossi # 46
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWC
Ford very likely are feeling stupid...but then again they probably were before too

Thats cruel but....
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:05 (Ref:1244262)   #10
Jaxs
Racer

Jaxs has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Just one little point, weren't all the cars and drivers, practice and the race, taking part in the same race conditions...?

Or was it the big guys are giving the minnows a chance..... LOL yer right
Old 6 Mar 2005, 10:38 (Ref:1244290)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DC did a great job with what he had, but he got the chance with the way qualifying unfolded. His first lap wasn't all that impressive,a lthough he did much better in qualifying 2. While the car backed up the claim that it had good pace, they surely won't be 3rd in the CC for long.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 11:38 (Ref:1244352)   #12
Fantasy GP610
Racer

Fantasy GP610 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Brilliant as the result was for Red Bull,it's just one race and anything can happen in the future.

As for Ford ........haven't a clue how they feel
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:03 (Ref:1244380)   #13
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford must feel stupid right now !!!

The guy who should feel stupid is Frank Williams. Perhaps he's rethinking his choice of drivers........

Last edited by RaceFreak; 6 Mar 2005 at 12:05. Reason: misspelling
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1244386)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not sure I understand that rf can you explain please?
Old 6 Mar 2005, 12:16 (Ref:1244399)   #15
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Maybe Ford should not have sold Cosworth, but the story was that Purnell had approximately zero sponsorship for 2005 barring Ford, so it's not surprising they pulled the plug.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:01 (Ref:1244602)   #16
RWC
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceFreak
The guy who should feel stupid is Frank Williams. Perhaps he's rethinking his choice of drivers........

Mmmm,nuh can't think of what you are getting at here.
Then again i didn't watch the race or qualifying-did both drivers do much wrong at all?!
Sounds more like loony talk really
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:28 (Ref:1244634)   #17
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull definately deserves kudos! I thought they'd be back with Jordan. Worth mentioning is that the pace at the front was pretty conservative to save the tires. That helped them. Passing was impossible. A lot of faster cars were kept off them. What was surprising was that the absolute pace was pretty darn good. I really think that if passing was possible (which it wasn't!!!!!!) and the order was more normal they had a legit 7-8th in the bag. That doesn't sound too impressive, but from an equipment standpoint this is a very competitive field.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:33 (Ref:1244637)   #18
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Ford were never fully commited to succeeding in f1.... They had the money yet seemed to go for pay drivers, and diamond stunts etc.

In RBR you have a team who are wholly commited to developing the car and succeding in f1.... so if Ford/Jag were still here this result would probably never have happened...
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:38 (Ref:1244645)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It looks good for this year. What RBR have is a combination of last years improving Jaguar team and Mateschitz's guaranteed commitment to F1.

The only thing that can stop them carrying on improving is some of those debatable personnel decisions, but we won't really notice them until next season.

RBR have had a great first race, but expect them to settle down into a regular top ten team and grab fairly regular points when a few others fail.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:40 (Ref:1244647)   #20
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Ford there were too many different agendas. With Red Bull the team is more unified. Whether this result is the exception remains to be seen but it is a very good start.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 16:47 (Ref:1244651)   #21
RWC
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
Red Bull definately deserves kudos! I thought they'd be back with Jordan. Worth mentioning is that the pace at the front was pretty conservative to save the tires. That helped them. Passing was impossible. A lot of faster cars were kept off them. What was surprising was that the absolute pace was pretty darn good. I really think that if passing was possible (which it wasn't!!!!!!) and the order was more normal they had a legit 7-8th in the bag. That doesn't sound too impressive, but from an equipment standpoint this is a very competitive field.
VERY good analysis Snrub !
Old 6 Mar 2005, 22:57 (Ref:1245063)   #22
RaceFreak
Racer

RaceFreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter Mallett said "Not sure I understand that rf can you explain please?"

Certainly.

After last season DC was a free agent who WANTED to come to Williams. Sir F said "no, we've already had him previously" , preferring to hire Mark and Nick.

Now DC beats both in a car widely thought to be wholly inferior to the Willy/BMW.
Mark Webber couldn't wait to get out've the Jag, now gets beaten by a supposedly washed up driver in a supposedly slower car.

I'm certain it's gone thru Sir F's mind.
Old 6 Mar 2005, 23:01 (Ref:1245069)   #23
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I actually doubt Frank has given it a second thought. If it has gone through his mind then he probably thought DC did well today, but it was an odd weekend. I am sure he is happy with his drivers.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 00:11 (Ref:1245105)   #24
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can just see Frank sitting in his hotel room last night going over David's powerpoint presentation with a glass of wine in hand thinking, "it's in here somewhere - there has got to be something I missed!"

One good race for RBR does not change the last two seasons for David.

Why can we not congratulate a performance without bagging someone else?

I'm not David's biggest fan, but he did a fine job on Sunday.
Old 7 Mar 2005, 01:45 (Ref:1245147)   #25
Mosport67
Racer

Canada
Near Mosport
Mosport67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With Webber and Nick, Williams has future potential. I don't think Frank sees that in DC.

I do think DC's experience is an asset to RBR and has helped the team. I'm not sure Williams needed that help.