Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 7 Aug 2005, 19:26 (Ref:1374422)   #1
jesus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sunderland
jesus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Arnage Campsite

Hello just a quicky, anyone know the name of the campsite that is directly opposite the main viewing strip at arnage. Thanks
Old 7 Aug 2005, 20:17 (Ref:1374459)   #2
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus
Hello just a quicky, anyone know the name of the campsite that is directly opposite the main viewing strip at arnage. Thanks
Ah never mind! Misread the Q...
Old 8 Aug 2005, 07:46 (Ref:1374696)   #3
egor
Veteran

Wales
N.Wales
egor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The only area down there according to the ACO map is called "Zone Public Arnage", that is the area behind the viewing banks.
Old 8 Aug 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1374830)   #4
vs346
Racer

Greenland
vs346 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If memory serves me correct (which it might, on this occasion), that camping is just called "Camping Arnage"
Old 10 Aug 2005, 02:32 (Ref:1378609)   #5
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, it's just "Arnage" campsite, nothing more. It's just behind the public area.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 07:06 (Ref:1378690)   #6
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Not a bad place to be based, but if you are thinking of using it, be aware that apart from a temporary toilet, there are no other facilities. Great if you have a motorhome - buckets of cold water for washing if you don't...
Old 10 Aug 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1379037)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also be aware that because it is not exactly promoted by the ACO, there is no hope of booking advance tickets for it either. Ask at the office and you will be gently told it doesn't exist.

Same goes for the bivouac area up at Virage Mulsanne.
Old 10 Aug 2005, 18:22 (Ref:1379221)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Get there early then.........
Old 10 Aug 2005, 21:01 (Ref:1379378)   #9
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You say OPPOSITE the public viewing area. If you mean on the drivers right side of the track that is the marshals camp site for poste 100, and is not a public camp site. Several ten-tenthers do marshal there.
Old 12 Aug 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1380642)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, I think they mean on the outside of the circuit. In effect, at the back of the spectators......
Old 14 Aug 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1381964)   #11
jesus
Rookie

United Kingdom
Sunderland
jesus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry I did mean on the drivers right hand side. Just I thought I saw people other than marshalls there and thought it was a public campsite. Oh well will just go to beasajour again as I quite liked it there last year.

Actually just out of interest as well. We stayed at Beasajour with our motorhome so we had no transport. Whats the best way to get to Le mans town centre for the drivers parade.
Old 15 Aug 2005, 07:38 (Ref:1382413)   #12
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think next year there will be Tram from Terte Rouge, otherwise it's a bus by the main gate or taxi. Either way from B/J its a bit of a walk.

Getting back is bigger problem...........
Old 15 Aug 2005, 09:33 (Ref:1382473)   #13
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sorry I did mean on the drivers right hand side. Just I thought I saw people other than marshalls there and thought it was a public campsite.
Remember most marshals have their families camping with them at Le Mans, and we do tend to make it a social occassion.

Do you marshal in the UK?
Old 5 Feb 2006, 14:55 (Ref:1515965)   #14
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimD
Also be aware that because it is not exactly promoted by the ACO, there is no hope of booking advance tickets for it either. Ask at the office and you will be gently told it doesn't exist.

Same goes for the bivouac area up at Virage Mulsanne.
Just been looking at the price guide on the official website and I see Arnage appears on there... is it now an official site? Will I have to order tickets in advance? I sent an email to the address on that page but it bounced right back to me. I wonder if any of you experts can help? Also, how rigidly is the 7m x 5m thing enforced? Last year I was able to park my 9m motorhome on the Arnage site without any issues at all... hopefully this should still be possible?
Old 5 Feb 2006, 15:58 (Ref:1515979)   #15
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Remembering CA this year there were ACO-people checking out how much space you used and how many tickets you had. Problem is they checked it when the whole site was full I guess we used a bit too much but no (major) problems.

Arnage only seems to open on wednesday and not the whole week. Dunno how 'strict' they are there.
Old 6 Feb 2006, 08:52 (Ref:1516418)   #16
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Actually just out of interest as well. We stayed at Beasajour with our motorhome so we had no transport. Whats the best way to get to Le mans town centre for the drivers parade.
Get the bus from the cemetery about 100yds up the hill from the main circuit entrance. It'll drop you off somewhere near the Place de la Republique (depending on road closures).

The buses stop running early, so you have to get a taxi home.
Old 12 Jan 2008, 05:49 (Ref:2104578)   #17
sjp_67
Rookie

sjp_67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

hi all first time to le mans this year wots the best campsite for partying do you have to book or just turn up anybody got do's and d'nots cheers
Old 12 Jan 2008, 23:00 (Ref:2104959)   #18
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As the son of god, should you not know everything?