Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 20 Mar 2006, 08:47 (Ref:1553621)   #1
mk1-mark
Rookie

mk1-mark should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone have any info on TJ injection

Hi,

I'm a new member but hope to be dropping in regularly.

For my sins I am currently in the throws of building a historic racer, this is a late 60's Mini fitted with Arden 8 port head and (hopefully) TJ mechanical injection. I have most of the bits now, but am seriously lacking any manuals or real knowledge.

Does anyone here either have any decent knowledge of this set up or know anyone they could put me in contact with. I have loads of experience in building high performance A series, but have never really taken any notice of the injection set ups until now.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Forster
(http://mk1-performance-conversions.co.uk)
Old 21 Mar 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1556055)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

What period in historic racing do these cars run?

Good luck anyway.
Old 22 Mar 2006, 15:06 (Ref:1557506)   #3
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can't help with any real information but would love to know what you find out since I've just bought a V8 Tecalemit Jackson injection system for the Climax FPE V8 in the Shannon F1.

It seems to be relatively simple - this is how the guy who had the system described it:

electric high pressure pump,

mechanical pressure regulators (excess fuel returns to the tank),

the metering unit has a cam on it connected to the throttle (e.g. butterflys) to adjust the mixture according to the throttle opening (e.g. the cam has to be made to suit the particular use),

the belt driven regulator adjusts the mixture according to engine revs,

distributor (8 way in my case) supplies fuel to the injectors,

injectors have spring loaded valves, so they open when the pressure reaches a suitable level.

Unfortunately he couldn't find the installation instructions, so I'd be really greatful if someone could produce a copy!

Peter
Old 5 Mar 2007, 19:38 (Ref:1859127)   #4
Gungebucket
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cornwall, UK
Gungebucket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
T-J

Apologies if I have replied to this before, if I have then I blame old age and alcohol!!

The T-J ancilliaries shown are fairly late components from a road car system circa 1967. Original bits for a Climax were quite different. It may have been a "one-off" system put together in the 1970's by Richard Atkins and Co who carried on with the T-J system for Tecalemit in order to meet their obligation to supply spares for 10 years.

If I can be of any help please let me know. I worked for Petrol Injection Ltd (part of the Tecalemit group) in the 1960's and continued to work with T-J stuff until the mid 1970's.

Good luck anyway!!

David
Old 6 Mar 2007, 15:06 (Ref:1859856)   #5
Farbrooke
Racer

Farbrooke has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi Mark,

Surely you have enough details with the manuals etc you have available on you own excellent site? - I know I sent you the competion set up

Malcolm
Old 7 Mar 2007, 07:28 (Ref:1860348)   #6
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic? FIA Papers? Think you will have to check before spending a shed load Maybe Jeremy could shead some light on this one,I know BMC did run Injection systems,but I,m not sure as to wether they actually Homologated it.

Last edited by terence; 7 Mar 2007 at 07:31.