Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 23 Apr 2008, 13:01 (Ref:2184854)   #1
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A1 @ Brands - Good places to photograph from?

Hello, I'm looking for some info about good spots to photograph from at Brands. I'm off there next weekend for the A1. Will probably spend satruday wandering around snapping when it's (hopefully!) less busy, and sunday enjoying the action.

Most of the track guides I've read only mention the Indy circuit. Is it possible / worthwhile to trek out to Hawthorn or Westfield to try and get some shots?

I'll be trying the inside of Druids, and outside of Paddock, but I understand the fencing can get in the way there?

Any help much appreciated
Old 23 Apr 2008, 14:50 (Ref:2184915)   #2
timtime
Rookie

timtime should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you are there all of Saturday I would say yes its definitely worth a walk out to photograph on the GP loop. Its not actually too far to walk and there are some goods spots. The normal spots on the Indy circuit are done to death and you will find some interesting spots with a bit of effort.

Have a look at this thread for a bit more info http://forum.britishsuperbike.co.uk/...pic.php?t=9942 which is quite recent.

Regards

Tim
Old 23 Apr 2008, 15:20 (Ref:2184929)   #3
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, the GP loop is the best bit for snapping!
Old 23 Apr 2008, 15:52 (Ref:2184954)   #4
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Paddock will be absolutely packed and I'd expect Druids to be busy too - a walk out to the far end of the circuit is always worthwhile, far less people and you can get some good shots out there. If you're unsure then have a wander during the support races and find some places you like.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 16:56 (Ref:2185008)   #5
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Try the inside of Hailwood Hill, which leads up to Druids. You should get a good view across Paddock Hill Bend, without the fencing being in the way.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 18:47 (Ref:2185100)   #6
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
also if you stand at the top of the banking on the outside of paddock just below the big oak tree you can get over the fencing, but you will need to zoom quite a bit, westfield is worth the work but beware if it is wet because the clay path around there gets very slippery and you can get very muddy
Old 23 Apr 2008, 19:43 (Ref:2185157)   #7
dazbaz_99
Veteran

United Kingdom
Aylesbury
dazbaz_99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zac510
Yes, the GP loop is the best bit for snapping!
Absolutely! I usually take most of my snaps around Druids/Paddock Hill on the Friday as its far less busy. Saturday I spend the majority on the GP loop and the Sunday I tend not to take any photos at all, and enjoy the racing/atmosphere.

Wherever you stand-the A1GP cars will be spectacular
Old 23 Apr 2008, 19:53 (Ref:2185171)   #8
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only problem is you don't get any race commentary out there unless they are broadcasting it on the FM band this weekend in which case you can take your own radio.
Old 23 Apr 2008, 21:26 (Ref:2185282)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Try a few shots looking towards Dingle Dell. I normally get a bit crossed up coming over the top . That's if the Anglebox survives qualifying on Friday !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 24 Apr 2008, 00:50 (Ref:2185395)   #10
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazbaz_99
I usually take most of my snaps around Druids/Paddock Hill on the Friday as its far less busy
I'd agree with that!

Also you can get some nice 'arty' shots shooting through the leaves on the trees as they run down Paddock Hill Bend, or the rear shot as they enter Graham Hill Bend

Other places you will get a clear shot of the cars - Inside of Surtees, as they turn out on to the GP loop, and the entrance to Clearways, just after the bridge (but you have to be quick!)

If you've got a long lens you can get some nice shots shooting towards the sun in the morning at Stirlings, under expose the shot a bit to bring the colours out

Brands is such a great place for photographs!
Old 24 Apr 2008, 18:07 (Ref:2185926)   #11
Ingsy
Racer

Ingsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks very much for all the info - looks very helpful!

I think I'll print a copy of the track off a mark up your suggestions on it, otherwise I'll be too-ing anf fro-ing all over the place