Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 27 Jul 2018, 04:36 (Ref:3839010)   #101
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
It’s certainly the case that Schuey’s record no longer seems invulnerable. But then, we used to think that Fangio would go unmatched.
But look how much longer an F1 season is. Great driver that Lewis is, having a much longer season has surely helped.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 06:19 (Ref:3839019)   #102
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
But look how much longer an F1 season is. Great driver that Lewis is, having a much longer season has surely helped.
Certainly if you have the best car, the longer the season the more it will play into your hands.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 06:31 (Ref:3839024)   #103
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Doesn’t make a difference to the number of titles you win, which was what I was referring to - apologies if that wasn’t clear. Lewis could very well win seven championships (or more..?).
Old 27 Jul 2018, 06:36 (Ref:3839025)   #104
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Nope, this year and maybe a 6th. That will be it.
I still think the Ferrari is too good for Hamilton to take it this year.
Will be a great finish to the season though. Surely Ferrari don't make the same mistakes as last year. Surely.

He definitely has a WDC or two left though.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 06:55 (Ref:3839030)   #105
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
This year is going to be nip and tuck, that’s for sure. I have a hunch Lewis may sneak it. Lady Luck rarely seems to favour the Scuderia these days.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 07:43 (Ref:3839033)   #106
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope DR chooses McLaren. Not so much the money but the chance to rebuild the Team around him. Alonso/Danny Ric could do the business for them. Come on Zak, get to it!
Old 27 Jul 2018, 15:33 (Ref:3839123)   #107
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
Doesn’t make a difference to the number of titles you win, which was what I was referring to - apologies if that wasn’t clear. Lewis could very well win seven championships (or more..?).
The shorter the season, the fewer opportunities to win races and you need to win races to win the title.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3839135)   #108
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroz View Post
I hope DR chooses McLaren. Not so much the money but the chance to rebuild the Team around him. Alonso/Danny Ric could do the business for them. Come on Zak, get to it!
Not sure how kindly the Spaniard would take to Ricciardo (or anyone) trying to build the team around him. He’s not a team player.
Old 27 Jul 2018, 17:47 (Ref:3839157)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
To be honest, I'm puzzled by all this 'team player' stuff. If Ricciardo went to McLaren, I wouldn't expect either of them to have being a 'team player' at the top of their 'to-do' lists...... (even if that might ultimately be good for McLaren - and them.....).
Old 27 Jul 2018, 18:21 (Ref:3839163)   #110
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
But ultimately - as Frank Williams and Patrick Head would remind you pretty bluntly - drivers are employees of the teams, so they have a duty, up to a point, to play the team game. The Spaniard wants everything focused on him, which is why he spat the dummy when he was paired with (and beaten by) Hamilton. I doubt he’d welcome Ricciardo’s arrival at Woking (if, of course, he’s still in F1 and hasn’t hoofed it across the Pond).
Old 27 Jul 2018, 21:22 (Ref:3839189)   #111
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm, yes, I guess so. But would McLaren really want to upset that apple cart by bringing in Ricciardo in anything other than a clearly subserviant role? I don't see it. Ricciardo is clearly good, we all know that, but many (including me) would say he's no Alonso....
Old 27 Jul 2018, 23:11 (Ref:3839199)   #112
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo would be best staying at RBR, unless he’s 100% confident another team will join the big 3 in 2019
Old 28 Jul 2018, 00:24 (Ref:3839203)   #113
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ricciardo would be best staying at RBR, unless he’s 100% confident another team will join the big 3 in 2019
There's no guarantee, RBR will remain in the big 3.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 00:59 (Ref:3839207)   #114
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Ricciardo would've had to have lost his mind to go Mclaren. There's management turmoil there, they can't seem to build a proper car and they're stuck with customer engines. Even going to the Renault works team would be a better bet.

Ricciardo's best bet is to stay at RBR whilst his management keeps reminding Merc he's there over the next few years. And if I was Ferrari I would've picked him up. It's good to have a queue of young drivers on tap but they should not feel locked in having to promote one of them.
Old 28 Jul 2018, 03:35 (Ref:3839212)   #115
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Ricciardo would've had to have lost his mind to go Mclaren. There's management turmoil there, they can't seem to build a proper car and they're stuck with customer engines. Even going to the Renault works team would be a better bet.

Ricciardo's best bet is to stay at RBR whilst his management keeps reminding Merc he's there over the next few years. And if I was Ferrari I would've picked him up. It's good to have a queue of young drivers on tap but they should not feel locked in having to promote one of them.
The problem with Ferrari is, despite having had Alonso and now Vettel, they have failed to win the WDC.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3841054)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ricciardo To Renault

WOW!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:08 (Ref:3841068)   #117
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Official now:

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/ar...iel-leave-team

Daniel Ricciardo has advised us that he is to leave the Team at the end of the 2018 season.

Having joined the Red Bull family in 2008 as a member of the Red Bull Junior Team, with whom he won numerous junior titles, Daniel made his F1 debut in 2011 at the British Grand Prix. After two seasons with Scuderia Toro Rosso, Daniel joined us in 2014 and to date has brought the team seven victories, 29 podium finishes, two pole positions and 904 championship points.

Commenting on Daniel’s decision, Aston Martin Red Bull Racing Team Principal Christian Horner said: “We fully respect Daniel’s decision to leave Aston Martin Red Bull Racing and we wish him all the best in his future. We would like to thank him for his dedication and the role he has played since joining the Team in 2014, the highlights of course being the seven wins and the 29 podiums he has achieved so far with us.

“We will now continue to evaluate the numerous options available to us before deciding on which driver partners Max Verstappen for the 2019 season. In the meantime, there are still nine races left in 2018 and we are fully focused on maximising every opportunity for Max and Daniel for the remainder of the season.”
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:22 (Ref:3841074)   #118
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Well to be honest, I guess he felt the RBR-Honda was too much of an unknown and that the Renault works team was more likely to have better reliability than he has had this season. Let’s just hope if he does go, the Renault team finds more performance to move it further up the front
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:27 (Ref:3841076)   #119
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
What. The. F
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3841081)   #120
Racer65
Racer

Racer65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Combination of things I expect. Uncertainty about the Honda engine but I expect RBR were playing hard ball over salary etc as they knew how limited his options were. Given the way Webber was treated when up against a Red Bull "golden child" I expect Daniel could see the writing on the wall.

Renault is probably the best of what is left and perhaps a better bet for the next two years than Red Bull but the direction their personnel structure is heading would concern me as the "no top dog" structures just don't seem to work in F1.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:39 (Ref:3841084)   #121
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Did not expect this. It’s a gamble, but then, in retrospect, so would have been staying with Red Bull.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3841087)   #122
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
My out there prediction from almost a year ago!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post

Ricciardo to drive for the factory Renault team in 2019!

Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:48 (Ref:3841088)   #123
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Just seems a surprise to announce a departure from Red Bull without a definite announcement of a new position........unless he called Red Bull's bluff, and lost.....
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3841091)   #124
EffectiveSprinkles
Veteran

EffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsedEffectiveSprinkles User had had their licence endorsed
I think this is a good move. He's outclassed by Verstappen and next year is gonna be a disaster with the Honda engine. There is every chance Renault might be able to beat Red Bull next year.
Old 3 Aug 2018, 11:59 (Ref:3841092)   #125
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Confirmed. Ricciardo to Renault on a 2 year deal. Partnering Nico, a good friend of Daniel.

https://www.renaultsport.com/daniel-...?r=331&lang=en

Daniel Ricciardo: "It was probably one of the most difficult decisions to take in my career so far. But I thought that it was time for me to take on a fresh and new challenge. I realise that there is a lot ahead in order to allow Renault to reach their target of competing at the highest level but I have been impressed by their progression in only two years, and I know that each time Renault has been in the sport they eventually won. I hope to be able to help them in this journey and contribute on and off track."

Last edited by F1Guy; 3 Aug 2018 at 12:05. Reason: added official link