Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 8 Jan 2022, 12:26 (Ref:4092885)   #16
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Saturday 15th January, so pleased to see the event return after being cancelled last year. Entry list: https://mtc1.uk/Entry/MGJBHWS22/EntryList.php
Also now available on Brands Hatch website: timetable, spectator area map and stage diagrams.

Very pleased to have this detail a week in advance - for Cadwell and Donington I had to buy a programme, which was a bit cheeky of them .
Old 10 Jan 2022, 20:16 (Ref:4093142)   #17
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the podium!
Oops, repeated info already posted!
Old 14 Jan 2022, 11:39 (Ref:4093717)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well I'm off to Brands tomorrow as a spectator rather than competitor this time - I'll be keeping a close eye on number 28, we usually service with them on events (and I was out in Tims spare car on the last Brands event). Looking forward to seeing the event from a different angle - although I suspect I'll be a lot colder than usual!
Old 14 Jan 2022, 16:34 (Ref:4093753)   #19
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is some serious machinery out tomorrow, really looking forward to kicking out the post Christmas doldrums at my second home. Assembling/laying out suitable clothing measures to suit Heading for Druids at 9am

Last edited by justracing; 14 Jan 2022 at 16:43.
Old 16 Jan 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4093979)   #20
justracing
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
There is some serious machinery out tomorrow
Crikey that was understatement of mine! this event has taken a real turn over the last few years in terms of standards of entry, talk about chalk and cheese. Convincing win from Frank Bird in the Fiesta Rally2 but great to see such a wide variety of machinery giving it some beans. Opted for the soft exit after stage 7 after a chilly 7 hours of spectating. Top marks to the organisers once again.
Old 17 Jan 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4094107)   #21
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few shots from Brands Hatch Winter Stages - lots more to work through.
https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzyRvg
Old 17 Jan 2022, 11:54 (Ref:4094122)   #22
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Looking forward to seeing the event from a different angle - although I suspect I'll be a lot colder than usual!
Well I was right about that! Glad to be able to wander into the service area and get a cup of tea from Tim's service van

Quote:
Crikey that was understatement of mine! this event has taken a real turn over the last few years in terms of standards of entry, talk about chalk and cheese. Convincing win from Frank Bird in the Fiesta Rally2 but great to see such a wide variety of machinery giving it some beans.
The amount of Rally 2 (or R5 whatever your preference) cars was certainly impressive (although it always seems to be a bit of a sledgehammer to crack a nut using those on a single venue event!). Has to be said the best looking is the Skoda - Fabias always seem to make good looking rally cars. A bit further down the entry there was a lot of variety - favourites being the Puma, Chevettes, Clio and 106 maxis. Also worth a mention was one of the BMWs that was thrown sideways at every opportunity - sometimes with the co-driver giving the thumbs up out of the window There seemed to be a lot less Imprezas than previous events, are we now seeing the demise of Imprezas on club events?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Nice I need to go through mine to see what I've got. I must have been stood pretty much next to you at one point at Druids - the Micra missing its bonnet came past when I was there.
Old 18 Jan 2022, 08:52 (Ref:4094220)   #23
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Had been debating a trip to Brands, but didn't make it in the end. Looked like a good (but chilly!) day out. As Bert said some pretty impressive machinery for a single venue event, maybe not for everyone but I am a huge advocate of the R5 cars. Good mix of other stuff on the entry as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Nice shots, always seems odd seeing cars running the wrong way around Druids!
Old Yesterday, 14:42 (Ref:4094587)   #24
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Here's a few of my photos from Brands:
Attached Thumbnails
FJjR3ZNXoAstADw.jpg   FJjUF9QX0AcUEol.jpg   FJjUF-mVkAIj4IE.jpg  

FJjR3bEXoAc35g5.jpg   FJjR3aEXoAAgivM.jpg   FJjUF8gXsAE5bTp.jpg  

Old Yesterday, 15:13 (Ref:4094589)   #25
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great shots, though this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
...is easily my favourite of the lot.