Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 2 Jul 2020, 11:28 (Ref:3985086)   #151
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I don't think they will go back there a third time, so long as the restrictions are favourable. I think EC have been told that this is the last round they are guaranteed, and that's why its being run under lights.
Supercars are contractually obligated to finish the season in NSW. Kinda limited in choice.
Old 2 Jul 2020, 14:03 (Ref:3985119)   #152
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
Supercars are contractually obligated to finish the season in NSW. Kinda limited in choice.
Beat me to it....
Old 2 Jul 2020, 22:48 (Ref:3985199)   #153
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suspect the Newcastle budget is taking care of the 2 - now 3 - rounds.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 06:15 (Ref:3986121)   #154
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any exodus of Victorian based team to NSW?
Old 6 Jul 2020, 06:56 (Ref:3986126)   #155
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the 2020 Supercar Champion is the Chinese entrant Contagion From Wuhan, sponsored by Visit Hong Kong it is Riot, the Chinese Communist Party and Huawei.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 07:07 (Ref:3986128)   #156
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Any exodus of Victorian based team to NSW?
Yep - they'll all be based at SMP for a little while at least.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 01:09 (Ref:3986867)   #157
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The recent days events could have a serious impact on Super Cars plans unfortunately. They look like being domiciled in NSW for the foreseeable future unless they can come up with plan B. The personnel now in NSW would not be too keen on that I would think with the forced separation from families, friends etc. Just when things were looking up and solid plans were being made to at least run some races.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 01:52 (Ref:3986877)   #158
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
The recent days events could have a serious impact on Super Cars plans unfortunately. They look like being domiciled in NSW for the foreseeable future unless they can come up with plan B. The personnel now in NSW would not be too keen on that I would think with the forced separation from families, friends etc. Just when things were looking up and solid plans were being made to at least run some races.
And also highlights the folly of street circuits over investment in permanent facilities.
Old 9 Jul 2020, 03:52 (Ref:3986890)   #159
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
And also highlights the folly of street circuits over investment in permanent facilities.
I don't see how in this case there would be a difference as it is the travel that is the primary problem but I do understand what you mean. I am waiting on the announcement that next years AGP/SuperCars event will not happen because it can't be far off due to the long time needed to get it up and running.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 08:13 (Ref:3988477)   #160
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
nt-declares-nsw-sydney-coronavirus-hotspots

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-...ening/12456752

With NT now cracking down on Sydney travellers and the next round due to be at the creek can Hidden Valley go ahead?

The decision means arrivals from these areas will face strict mandatory supervised quarantine protocols when the Territory's borders reopen on Friday.
Old 15 Jul 2020, 20:37 (Ref:3988606)   #161
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Wakefield Park is in NSW and is one of the finest racing circuits in the country.
Old 16 Jul 2020, 11:13 (Ref:3988700)   #162
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Wakefield Park is in NSW and is one of the finest racing circuits in the country.
And so does Covid 19 , a great track record in NSW
Old 17 Jul 2020, 02:30 (Ref:3988846)   #163
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Were we meant to have crowds back at SMP this weekend?
Old 17 Jul 2020, 05:35 (Ref:3988859)   #164
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Were we meant to have crowds back at SMP this weekend?
As of a couple of days ago it was a few Grandstand seats only. Whether that has changed since in view of latest regional covid developments I am not sure.
This from 2 days ago
https://www.supercars.com/news/champ...wd-for-sydney/
Old 20 Jul 2020, 05:29 (Ref:3989651)   #165
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The teams will head to Qld now for their 2 weeks, then to NT.
Old 24 Jul 2020, 00:07 (Ref:3990500)   #166
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Season finishes at Bathurst in October, going by the wording of today’s channel 10 press release
Old 24 Jul 2020, 00:24 (Ref:3990504)   #167
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
And so does Covid 19 , a great track record in NSW
Thanks to one Victorian who travelled to NSW knowing he was sick. What a flog

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2020, 05:31 (Ref:3992205)   #168
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
I think we can right Sandown off for this year.☹️
Old 2 Aug 2020, 07:18 (Ref:3992214)   #169
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
I think we can right Sandown off for this year.☹️
Anyone want to put money on the AGP/Supercars event being held next year? I wonder what lead time they need to plan and put everything in place? Bathurst might look a bit dodgy at the moment also. These events are still months away but do require substantial lead time to set them up, more the AGP than Bathurst though. I imagine that when the state government get this phase under control they will be very reluctant to allow any events especially those from OS to be held and risk repercussions from it.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 08:31 (Ref:3992221)   #170
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I'll chuck a lazy $20 on no AGP next year.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3992234)   #171
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I'll chuck a lazy $20 on no AGP next year.
I reckon I would go to double that stake. Just cant see it happening, particularly given the local situation is going to get worse before it gets better.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 09:59 (Ref:3992238)   #172
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
You could probably say no AGP for years.
They are talking this virus could take many years to die out.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 10:28 (Ref:3992243)   #173
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
You could probably say no AGP for years.
They are talking this virus could take many years to die out.
It may be tin foil hat thinking but I wonder if it will run again for a lot of different reasons including the Victorian government not having the spare funds to host it and perhaps the lack of visitors in the years to come.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 22:49 (Ref:3992605)   #174
2 litre Touring Car Star
Veteran

Australia
2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed2 litre Touring Car Star User had had their licence endorsed
https://www.grandprix.com.au/
Old 3 Aug 2020, 04:37 (Ref:3992623)   #175
Casper
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 litre Touring Car Star View Post
Your point being????????????????????????????????????????????