Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 Apr 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2870301)   #51
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Last ones. Thanks to all the competitors and marshals who made the trip and allowed all of us to enjoy a brilliant day out. Easter at Cadwell is on my calendar next year

Old 27 Apr 2011, 09:29 (Ref:2870458)   #52
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't have time to post many at the moment but a selection from Monday:
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_5711_edited-1.jpg   GJC_5721_edited-1.jpg   GJC_5728_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_5841_edited-1.jpg   GJC_5874_edited-1.jpg   GJC_5953_edited-1.jpg  

Last edited by gary396; 27 Apr 2011 at 09:33. Reason: Typo - forgot what day it was. Oh dear!
Old 27 Apr 2011, 09:32 (Ref:2870463)   #53
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Few more:
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_5964_edited-1.jpg   GJC_5980_edited-1.jpg   GJC_5990_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_6107_edited-1.jpg   GJC_6116_edited-1.jpg   GJC_6539_edited-1.jpg  

Old 27 Apr 2011, 09:38 (Ref:2870469)   #54
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Few more, again!
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_6601_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7196-1_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7285-1_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_7289-1_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7295-1_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7303-1_edited-1.jpg  

Old 27 Apr 2011, 09:46 (Ref:2870471)   #55
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Final batch of samples from Monday from me. If anyone wants anything in particular just ask - loads of 'snappers' there so I'm sure someone can oblige.

Will try and do some more later but pushed for time at the moment - tomatoes to pot-on and compost heap to turn! It's hard life but someone has to do it!!!
Attached Thumbnails
GJC_7320-1_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7336-1_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7363-1_edited-1.jpg  

GJC_7443-1_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7458_edited-1.jpg   GJC_7501_edited-1.jpg  

Old 27 Apr 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2870719)   #56
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
...... annoyed not to have caught up with everyone, particularly Matthew Sturmer, who was not to be seen near his cars (except when racing) on the couple of occasions I tried to find him. :-
He's normally somewhere nearby in his Olympic Village sized motor home - maybe the pie shop was open?
Old 27 Apr 2011, 20:36 (Ref:2870872)   #57
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Number 4 is a bit 'arty' John. A good opportunity spot and a nice capture.
I'm always looking for the angle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigvalveelan View Post
And it was great to finally meet you John. Are there ten-tenths stickers available that we can display so you know who's who?

Paul
Great to meet you as well Paul (and Larry - can you get him to sign up here?) and yes, I should have thought about stickers - I'll bring some along next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I'm certainly no pro photographer (just a man with a basic compact!) but I'm pleased with these pics. So apologies for stacking the thread with photos.
Don't apologise; we love pics; it's what makes some of these threads come alive!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Final batch of samples from Monday from me. If anyone wants anything in particular just ask - loads of 'snappers' there so I'm sure someone can oblige.

Will try and do some more later but pushed for time at the moment - tomatoes to pot-on and compost heap to turn! It's hard life but someone has to do it!!!
At this rate, I won't have to do my pictorial review! Not sure when I can fit it in anyway. Much 'compost' in my life at the moment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMuttley View Post
He's normally somewhere nearby in his Olympic Village sized motor home - maybe the pie shop was open?
Ah, noted for next time!
Old 27 Apr 2011, 21:00 (Ref:2870890)   #58
Matthew Sturmer
Rookie

Matthew Sturmer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unfortunately I couldn't find the pie shop McMuttley but I did manage to sneak a quick ice cream in on Saturday afternoon, and very nice it was to.

It was quite a busy weekend John having both cars, especially as I had them in different parts of the paddock. I did get a quick glimpse of you as I went out in the Formula Ford on one of the days but I already had my helmet on so it made saying hello a bit hard. I will make sure I find you if you are at Silverstone in May.

Overall it was an excellent weekend. I think that the whole weekend really worked, what with the testing on the Saturday, and then the double headers with the racing on both the Sunday and the Monday. The people that I spoke to really liked this format as it made the whole event more relaxing, and also gave you the opportunity to actually watch some racing as opposed to just take part in your own event.

In the Formula Ford events, the whole of the PA Motorsport Macon Team had a good weekend with myself, Steve and Brian all finishing in the points in both races. Brian was especially "on it" in the second race coming through from 12 to finish 5. I missed second gear off the grid and then spent the rest of the race trying to recover the positions that I lost.......

I was unsure how the F3 would be around Cadwell as it is a bit narrow in places. It turned out to be absolutely awesome.........The Van Diemen/GRD was well suited to the track as it now handles pretty well and was only let down by me still not realising just how fast you can get it round some of the corners, however I was pleased with the 5th and 6th places. Not to bad for what is fundamentaly a 72 design.

The car was sporting my spare orange nose due to a slight "off" in testing where I took to the grass in avoidance of another car that didn't see me as I was overtaking it on Park Straight.

All in all, an excellent weekend, at a fantastic track, made all the better by the unseasonably warm weather, roll on next year.........
Old 27 Apr 2011, 22:11 (Ref:2870930)   #59
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great to hear from you Matthew and definitely have to catch up next time.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 10:23 (Ref:2871707)   #60
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Six from me. I now feel officially old as I'm watching cars I saw race in their day. I thought Johnathan Palmer spoke a lot of sense on Monday when he said that motorsport has lost it's way with categories where downforce and grip outweigh power. It really is a pleasure to see cars really being driven and not pointed.
Attached Thumbnails
hscc-cad-1.JPG   hscc-cad-2.JPG   hscc-cad-3.JPG  

hscc-cad-4.JPG   hscc-cad-5.JPG   hscc-cad-6.JPG  

Old 29 Apr 2011, 10:36 (Ref:2871712)   #61
paddy
Veteran

England
Nottingham
paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpaddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Six more. I'd also like to mention the commentary from Marcus Pye and Ian Titchmarsh. They really do set the standards by which others should be judged. Informed, entertaining and at times funny. Excellent.
Attached Thumbnails
hscc-cad-7.JPG   hscc-cad-8.JPG   hscc-cad-9.JPG  

hscc-cad-10.JPG   hscc-cad-11.JPG   hscc-cad-12.JPG  

Old 29 Apr 2011, 18:36 (Ref:2871849)   #62
retrognome
Racer

retrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretrognome should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
First Visit

We really enjoyed our first visit to Cadwell and after Silverstone it provided a refreshing change of scenery. Terrific racing with enough action to fill a full report and gallery, and that was just Sunday! Can't wait to go back.
Old 29 Apr 2011, 21:06 (Ref:2871905)   #63
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A stunning circuit and very well organised meeting. If it becomes a permanent fixture for Easter then I will be returning.

Some shots from Sunday:
Attached Thumbnails
ca1.jpg   ca2.jpg   ca3.jpg  

ca4.jpg   ca5.jpg   ca6.jpg  

Old 29 Apr 2011, 21:08 (Ref:2871907)   #64
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and a few from Monday
Attached Thumbnails
cam1.jpg   cad2.jpg   cam3.jpg  

cam4.jpg   cam5.jpg   cam6.jpg