Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 12 Apr 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2862506)   #1
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MASTERS - SNETTERTON APRIL 23rd

Masters Historic Racing are hosting their annual trip to Snetterton on Easter Saturday - April 23rd. All the usual UK-based Masters races will be on-track.

Who is racing?

Who isn't racing?

A British sportscar race with cars manufactured during the 1950s and 1960s is on the programme. Great opportunity for people to drive on the new Snetterton 300 layout. Why not enter your car?

Lots to talk about..............
Old 12 Apr 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2862567)   #2
joss Ronchetti
Racer

United Kingdom
Great Glen, Leicester
joss Ronchetti should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am stopping @ Centre Parcs with my familly for the Easter weekend, which just coincedently happens to be the Elvedon one, just down the road from Snett I have hijacked a passout and will be joining Craig Davies in his Corvette in the Gentleman Drivers 90 minute race
I will get some more circuit time there before then, as I'm racing there this Sunday on the new 300 in the Classic Thunder Championship, although the Sunbeam is a very different Beast to the Vette
Old 13 Apr 2011, 11:10 (Ref:2862835)   #3
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
James - regrettably this meeting doesn't work for me but can you clarify whether sports racers are allowed into the British Sports cars race and whether there will be one at the Castle Combe meeting?
Old 13 Apr 2011, 16:42 (Ref:2862952)   #4
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hi Simon -

This race is for all British Sportscars and Sportsracers built from 01.01.1950 to 31.12.1969. Ideal for little sportsracers etc.

Masters do not have any races at Castle Combe this year - so I was hoping this race would be the one to attract those type of cars........

So - all British-built cars are eligible. It would be so good to have a good grid. If anyone can support it then I would really appreciate it.... We have some good little things planned for the day and will be offering hospitality to competitors who make the trip.

James
Old 20 Apr 2011, 18:20 (Ref:2867116)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Having found testing on Friday full with many reserves am now entered for two races on Saturday instead! 'Lairy Canary' will be out in the 70s Celebration and 'Overly Orange' for the race mentioned in previous posts. This has been opened up to other cars as well, so call Masters if you are interested- it is good value.

My neighbour James P is taking his Louts 11 for the latter race as well- anyone else from the North Walsham collective entered, trackside or upstairs?
Old 20 Apr 2011, 19:01 (Ref:2867148)   #6
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
My neighbour James P is taking his Louts 11 for the latter race as well
Oh No! I'm sure Masters don't want an unruly pub football team at their refined gathering...
Old 20 Apr 2011, 19:14 (Ref:2867156)   #7
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Oh No! I'm sure Masters don't want an unruly pub football team at their refined gathering...
Old 21 Apr 2011, 21:17 (Ref:2867791)   #8
Terry Scannell
Veteran

United Kingdom
North Walsham, Norfolk
Terry Scannell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

My neighbour James P is taking his Louts 11 for the latter race as well- anyone else from the North Walsham collective entered, trackside or upstairs?
Well I will be there somewhere on the bank enjoying the Costa del Snet Sun and keeping an eye on the "Team North Walsham!" .......and taking notes to be used in evidence at a later date!

Dawn will be in RC and Jerry will be another Post Chief so our home town will be well represented

Hope to see you on Saturday Mike,

Terry

PS: I take it the Lairy Canary will have the Number 5-1 !!
Old 22 Apr 2011, 04:42 (Ref:2867935)   #9
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Well I will be there somewhere on the bank enjoying the Costa del Snet Sun and keeping an eye on the "Team North Walsham!" .......and taking notes to be used in evidence at a later date!

Dawn will be in RC and Jerry will be another Post Chief so our home town will be well represented

Hope to see you on Saturday Mike,

Terry

PS: I take it the Lairy Canary will have the Number 5-1 !!
5 -1 ? I was so nervous last night didn't even check the result. Bit provocative though, may be some from across the border present....

Hope to catch up with Dawn, Jerry and yourself at some point! I guess our Henry will also be around in the scrut bay?

BTW people- Masters have come in for some stick in the past for not publishing entry lists, but here it is- Provisional Entry List

Bring Sun Cream !
Old 22 Apr 2011, 05:51 (Ref:2867943)   #10
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I was hoping to pop over for this meeting,but as I'm there on Sunday anyway,seem's I wont have the time! For all who will be there,have fun!
[See you Sunday Terry]
Old 22 Apr 2011, 06:19 (Ref:2867950)   #11
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
I was hoping to pop over for this meeting,but as I'm there on Sunday anyway,seem's I wont have the time! For all who will be there,have fun!
[See you Sunday Terry]
Shame you can't make saturday, Terence- but you'll still need to bring sun-screen for sunday!
Old 22 Apr 2011, 07:25 (Ref:2867971)   #12
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shame you can't make saturday, Terence- but you'll still need to bring sun-screen for sunday!

Dont think I'll have the sun roof open Mike,ah,the M3 hasn't got one anyway.
Old 22 Apr 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2867979)   #13
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there supporting team North Walsham may even bring Big Al from the Watford Massive
Old 22 Apr 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2868312)   #14
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Unless there are some last minute entries seems a bit of a small field? Assuming the provisional list is correct?
Old 23 Apr 2011, 10:32 (Ref:2868528)   #15
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame, a meeting one could/should support, British GT at Oulton unfortuately.
Old 23 Apr 2011, 21:14 (Ref:2868744)   #16
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Scannell View Post
Hope you didn't have to take too many notes, Terry! Think we all behaved.....

Costa del Snet it certainly was, but the wets were out ready when it started to spit late afternoon. Only took them after BBC Breakfast weather showed a thunderstorm over Thetford mid afternoon. Guess what, they were right.....

OK, small grids but a great day and some good racing. Loads of tenthers present and good to meet up with Christian Deveraux at last.

Thanks to all in orange trackside, those upstairs, Masters team and MSV staff running the circuit (incl JP who 'dropped in'!) for a very enjoyable day on the 300 layout. Really looking forward to coming back sometime. Hang on, that will be next Saturday, it appears.

Lastly thanks to Al and Cliff for making the trip up and lending several hands when needed. See you Friday!
Old 23 Apr 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2868761)   #17
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Really looking forward to coming back sometime. Hang on, that will be next Saturday, it appears.
I take it that means the Tango Porsche will be OK as it did only 2 laps in qualifying and did not race. Congratulations on the podium in the last race by the way.

Yes the grids were small, but there was some good racing - Nick Swift/Ron Maydon in the first race, the early stages of the Gentlemen Drivers race with an Elan, E Type and a TVR swapping places seemingly by the corner and Russel Paterson/Chris Goodwin/Mark Bates in the fifth. Add to that the sight of two Jag MkVIIs running together in the 2nd Golden Oldies race and it all made a great way to spend a sunny Saturday.
Old 24 Apr 2011, 01:32 (Ref:2868796)   #18
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
An Eye from Race Control

Do you know something people....you make our lives in race control so easy I can only liken today to something out of an aircraft cockpit whereby it was on autopilot for most of the day ..there were a few off's but nothing that bad ..so I want to say a big thank you from all of us in RC as we only had one piece of paper to file the whole meeting (right at the end)

I think you have grasped the rolling starts , they were perfect and the racing and driving standards were all great. Grids down?...well, yes , but then, thats motorsport at the moment anyway isnt it? weather was great and the darkening of the sky in the afternoon added a bit of excitement to it all.

Thanks for making my first solo briefings easy and to all of you who asked after JohnGee I have passed on your well wishes (no doubt he will respond to this) and I also gave him regular updates from the circuit...so he was still "part of the action"
Snetterton for me has become an awesome circuit now (nightmare to clear at times though) but it really is heading in the right direction and I hope to do something again there really soon....... say in about a week!!!

Ta Masters... see you at Brands (or next week depending who you are x)
Claire

Edit - sorry I just went to post a thank you to the Marshals in their forum, but could not find a thread for this event...although it is late and Im tired so dont want to start one to find its a dup, so thank you very much to the brave girls and boys in orange, superb stuff from you all at Snett as always, please come next week!!!

Last edited by MartinSmith; 24 Apr 2011 at 01:40.
Old 24 Apr 2011, 05:18 (Ref:2868811)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
I take it that means the Tango Porsche will be OK as it did only 2 laps in qualifying and did not race. Congratulations on the podium in the last race by the way.

Yes the grids were small, but there was some good racing - Nick Swift/Ron Maydon in the first race, the early stages of the Gentlemen Drivers race with an Elan, E Type and a TVR swapping places seemingly by the corner and Russel Paterson/Chris Goodwin/Mark Bates in the fifth. Add to that the sight of two Jag MkVIIs running together in the 2nd Golden Oldies race and it all made a great way to spend a sunny Saturday.
You sum it up well, Sir! Please come and say Hi if at Snet next w/end or HSCC in June. Tango developed a small oil leak dripping onto the exhaust manifold that was more smoke than drama, but not able to get to it without taking lots of bits off and race control would not have been happy for it to race like that. Spent half the 70s race remembering how to drive on slicks, but the Canary was 'flying' and allowed me to drive the whole race flat out. Bit Lonely as the first two had scarpered off but was very useful 30 minutes for concentrating on one or two corners. Coram into Murrays is definitely the trickiest bit and now a lot happier through there! Car was getting bit loose towards the end and after return to paddock found LHR tyre almost flat..... Lucky.
Old 24 Apr 2011, 13:20 (Ref:2869012)   #20
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Thanks for making my first solo briefings easy and to all of you who asked after JohnGee I have passed on your well wishes (no doubt he will respond to this) and I also gave him regular updates from the circuit...so he was still "part of the action"
A big 'thank you' for all the kind messages through Claire and to Claire herself for standing in as the Masters Clerk at such short notice. I understand that she did a cracking job but I'm disappointed that you gave her such an easy time .
I'm making good progress and fully intend being back for the Masters Festival at Brands Hatch at the end of May - you have been warned
Old 24 Apr 2011, 18:14 (Ref:2869141)   #21
Christian Devereux
Rookie

United Kingdom
London W4
Christian Devereux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John, whatever's going on, I wish you the speediest of recoveries.
You've been part of my racing since I started in 2009, and it's not the same without you.
Get well soon, ok?
Old 24 Apr 2011, 20:37 (Ref:2869241)   #22
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Still wont exclude you from any B******gs Christian,good try though!
Old 25 Apr 2011, 10:57 (Ref:2869478)   #23
Christian Devereux
Rookie

United Kingdom
London W4
Christian Devereux should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Look, it was worth a try, wasn't it?
I offered to do Mr G's shopping next week as well....
Old 25 Apr 2011, 11:37 (Ref:2869489)   #24
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian Devereux View Post
Look, it was worth a try, wasn't it?
I offered to do Mr G's shopping next week as well....
Do mine and you may stand a chance
Old 25 Apr 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2869539)   #25
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaireSmith View Post
Do mine and you may stand a chance