Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 May 2015, 17:59 (Ref:3541127)   #26
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I'm not sure what the issue with the weather was unless I was at a different brands Hatch, brilliant sunshine on the Sunday and so hot I took my coat off.
T shirt weather on Sunday morning, fleece on once the sun went in early afternoon, waterproofs on for the dampness that spiced up the second F1 race and the Dutch race ( quote "very slippery GP circuit at 6pm"). That was my Brands Hatch Sunday at Paddock Hill.
Old 25 May 2015, 18:38 (Ref:3541137)   #27
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by brands View Post
T shirt weather on Sunday morning, fleece on once the sun went in early afternoon, waterproofs on for the dampness that spiced up the second F1 race and the Dutch race ( quote "very slippery GP circuit at 6pm"). That was my Brands Hatch Sunday at Paddock Hill.
It's surprising what a difference a few miles make, we left around 1.30-2pm and it was still sunny albeit with very high clouds. I live 10 miles away and it was fine for the rest of the day, so nice in fact that I sunbathed in my conservatory
Old 25 May 2015, 21:06 (Ref:3541193)   #28
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRustyNail View Post
Jarman says the Primera is repairable... which is good because seeing the pictures made me sad! Favourite supertourer
Thats great to hear.
Old 26 May 2015, 07:04 (Ref:3541292)   #29
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeh good to hear Dave is ok and the Nissan can be repaired. Hope he can get sorted for the Silverstone Classic, I'm sure he would like to be there for that one!

I enjoyed my Sunday at Brands GP. Always nice to wander around the back. A few shots are up on my Facebook page if you would like to look. Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...6361580&type=1

Sadly one of my cameras decided to give up about half way through the day. Turns out to be a corrupted memory card. Lost about 300-400 shots I'd say. Card can't be read in camera or PC. If anyone has any suggestions on how to recover that would be appreciated
Old 26 May 2015, 11:15 (Ref:3541357)   #30
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If it's a San Disk card I think they have or link to some form of recovery system I think. Never used it so I don't know what the process is or how successful it can be, but maybe worth a check? Don't know if other manufacturers do similar?

But quite a few software recovery solutions via Google, again maybe worth a check?
Old 26 May 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3541429)   #31
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Technically it's two meetings, so listed on the website separately.

Sat/Sun is the Masters Festival on the GP circuit
http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...y/masters.aspx

Mon is the Masters Raceday on the Indy circuit.
http://www.brandshatch.co.uk/calenda...s-raceday.aspx

ST, NKHTGT and Classic FF will stay over for the Monday meeting, to be joined by the local BRSCC saloons.
Confusing, a bit like some of the parking in the paddock, but then if the powers that be paint a long curvy white line in the middle........
the weather did it's best, in all a pleasant weekend
Old 26 May 2015, 18:05 (Ref:3541472)   #32
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1's and sportscars were brilliant on the GP loop on Sunday, the viewing at Sheene Curve and Stirlings was fantastic as usual and a number of the F1's were really being put through their paces. The Dutch contingent put on a good show which is more than can be said for the Super Tourers which was a high speed procession with half the grid missing on Monday. Pretty poor show I thought.
As for the weather, it was downright cold and damp by 4pm on Sunday and Monday, I've never known it so chilly at this event in previous years.
Old 26 May 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3541526)   #33
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A few pictures from some of the locations you can photograph on the full GP circuit:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3802.jpg   IMG_4558.jpg   IMG_4836.jpg  

IMG_5483.jpg   IMG_5936.jpg   IMG_6282.jpg  

Old 27 May 2015, 23:37 (Ref:3541923)   #34
Az
Racer

England
UK
Az should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glorious stuff Mr brands :-)

Here's couple of mine.

Few more here if you're interested :-) http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/albu...-hatch-photos/
Old 29 May 2015, 21:27 (Ref:3542684)   #35
rainbow
Rookie

rainbow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I spent the weekend there in my rapido caravan, really enjoyed the racing especially the dutch contingent,no prima donnas I must win wot ever it costs! But why does europe,s main historic championship now allow kitcars-sorry continguasion - cars to compete/ In my day you would be racing in the 750mc kitcar champhionship!
Watched channel 4 programme about recreating lightweight e types and for once I agree with the Earl of March, we don,t have replicas racing here.
Shaun lynn summed it up aswell.
Over to you Mr Rushton?
Old 31 May 2015, 06:12 (Ref:3543144)   #36
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow View Post
Watched channel 4 programme about recreating lightweight e types and for once I agree with the Earl of March, we don,t have replicas racing here.
Shaun lynn summed it up aswell.
Over to you Mr Rushton?

Hmm, maybe not, but they seem to allow hot rods!
Old 2 Jun 2015, 14:50 (Ref:3544218)   #37
Rikki Cann
Racer

England
Rochford Essex
Rikki Cann should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Hmm, maybe not, but they seem to allow hot rods!
I bet there are more replicas racing at Goodwood than anywhere else, on the planet after all if you can afford a £10/20M car then im sure you can afford to have a £500K replica built and leave the investment in the garage. still good to watch tough.