Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

Old 27 Jul 2010, 10:45 (Ref:2733915)   #1
davec
Racer

United Kingdom
davec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flat out-Flat Broke!

I have been meaning to get this book for ages but never got round to it. I then saw it yesterday in a charity shop for the grand sum of 25p, bargain I thought. on getting it home I start reading only to find it has been signed on the inside by Perry himself. It made my day.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2734731)   #2
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If only the shop that sold it had known, that would have added another 5p to the price...

It's a good read. I miss Perry, his presence always livened up a meeting or an interview.
Old 28 Jul 2010, 18:04 (Ref:2734733)   #3
Steven Humphrey
Veteran

England
cambridgeshire
Steven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSteven Humphrey should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Very entertaining read. I met Perry at Le Mans 5 years ago & he was very approachable & very funny (plus slightly drunk!!).
Old 28 Jul 2010, 22:30 (Ref:2734866)   #4
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davec View Post
I then saw it yesterday in a charity shop for the grand sum of 25p, bargain I thought. on getting it home I start reading only to find it has been signed on the inside by Perry himself. It made my day.
Cool! I bought a signed copy on eBay for about 99p - I thought that was a bargain!
Old 28 Jul 2010, 22:58 (Ref:2734872)   #5
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Enjoy.

Funny book.
Old 1 Aug 2010, 10:58 (Ref:2737130)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's a very good honest book by a guy who deserved a lot better. Somehow, picking it up for 25p is fitting......