Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Apr 2014, 06:13 (Ref:3388541)   #276
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
FACE OF THE GRID

I don't know in what bizarro world that this could be classed as "brilliant"
I had already had this thought before reaching the bottom of your post.
And then there it was, all nicely typed out for me
Old 4 Apr 2014, 07:47 (Ref:3388569)   #277
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by yap View Post
FACE OF THE GRID

POPULAR Channel 7 personality Matthew White continues to be strongly linked with a return to Channel 10 to head up its motorsport coverage next year.

White has been the face of V8s for the past 15 seasons and would be a brilliant addition as part of the new broadcast deal between Ten and Fox Sports.

Story down the bottom of the page here

I don't know in what bizarro world that this could be classed as "brilliant"
It would be "brilliant" for the remaining people at #7

If Mr White stays on the #10 coverage, it might be the enticement required to get Foxtel rocking!!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 4 Apr 2014, 09:23 (Ref:3388597)   #278
pigs fly
Racer

Australia
327VOR 23DME BNE
pigs fly should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVID PATERSON View Post
Are they ****ing kidding? Matthew White brings no value whatsoever to the telecast. Instead of just anchoring the broadcast and throwing to and from segments and commercials, like a typical TV talking head, he now thinks he's a commentator and tries to call the bloody races!

****, I could do a better job than him, much better.
YOU can and do David I have seen and heard you at Morgan Pk and compared to him you streets ahead of him more know who and what your talking about as your an active driver in historics not just a talking head.
Old 4 Apr 2014, 13:31 (Ref:3388683)   #279
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It would be "brilliant" for the remaining people at #7

If Mr White stays on the #10 coverage, it might be the enticement required to get Foxtel rocking!!
This is based on the assumption that the foxtel coverage would use different commentators (which it presently doesn't)

If thats the case then all is not lost. Ive got foxtel HD now and he HD coverage on speed is pretty good.
Old 5 Apr 2014, 02:27 (Ref:3388855)   #280
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F J Nedos View Post
This is based on the assumption that the foxtel coverage would use different commentators (which it presently doesn't)

If thats the case then all is not lost. Ive got foxtel HD now and he HD coverage on speed is pretty good.
Foxtel become the main rights holders next year rather than just 'repeating the highlights' as they do now.

Given the telecast will still be done by V8SC themselves, i doubt we will see much difference between this year and next, just a different watermark in the corner. As for commentators, it would probably be easier to have the one lot of commentators (especially for the rounds that Ten are just showing highlights).... but one or the other might want to put their own 'stamp' on the product their channel is showing.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 09:44 (Ref:3389221)   #281
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Foxtel become the main rights holders next year rather than just 'repeating the highlights' as they do now.
Whilst the package shown on foxtel is only the race, it usually shows more of the actual race than on Ch7. It's not "highlights". On he audio you hear the regular commentators throw to a break, however foxtel continues to show the racing and Noonan takes over the commentary.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:24 (Ref:3389235)   #282
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Whilst the package shown on foxtel is only the race, it usually shows more of the actual race than on Ch7. It's not "highlights". On he audio you hear the regular commentators throw to a break, however foxtel continues to show the racing and Noonan takes over the commentary.
Foxtel shows the 'International' feed, where as you say Noonan commentates during the Ch7 ad breaks for the non-Australian markets.

It is still shown on Foxtel a number of hours after it happened, whereas next year they are the main player in the TV rights.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:25 (Ref:3389236)   #283
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
How about getting Noonz to replace that halfwit Matty White next year?

I dare say there wouldn't be many complaints on here.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 10:37 (Ref:3389243)   #284
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I dare say there wouldn't be many complaints on here.
Not here, but it depends whether the network wants a 'face' to front the coverage (ala Bill Woods in the late 90s, and Matty White now, or further back the likes of AFL men Drew Morphett & Tim Lane who fronted the ABC telecasts of this series three decades ago).

If there is a common commentary team between Foxtel & Ten, maybe a 'neutral' like Noonz will fit the description.
Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3389529)   #285
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bring back Sandy Roberts
Old 6 Apr 2014, 23:44 (Ref:3389537)   #286
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I've been told that Foxtel and C10 will use the same commentary team in 2015.

That's not to say that it will be entirely the same commentary team as 2014 though.

Rumour is one of the ex-drivers has been told he won't be required.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 01:12 (Ref:3389572)   #287
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Please let it be Skaife
Old 7 Apr 2014, 01:38 (Ref:3389574)   #288
NinnyMan
Racer

Australia
Melbourne
NinnyMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
I've been told that Foxtel and C10 will use the same commentary team in 2015.

That's not to say that it will be entirely the same commentary team as 2014 though.

Rumour is one of the ex-drivers has been told he won't be required.
And the very same commentary team will also be heard through the trackside speakers at every event.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 04:02 (Ref:3389598)   #289
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
eduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grideduardo1 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Quote:
Please let it be Skaife
Old 7 Apr 2014, 07:11 (Ref:3389622)   #290
Marcos WTF
Racer

Australia
On a former RAAF airfield
Marcos WTF is a back marker
Anyone but Eastlake & that Seven hack Bruce McAnus.

Add Barry Oliver to the above.
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:12 (Ref:3389690)   #291
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Please let it be Skaife
Mr McConville might need to shore up his position at Porsche Motorsport then....
Old 7 Apr 2014, 10:45 (Ref:3389701)   #292
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinnyMan View Post
And the very same commentary team will also be heard through the trackside speakers at every event.
Given the experiences of that at the 12hr in 2012 and 2014 when the track commentary is synced with the TV commentary, that isn't a good thing for the spectator. The TV commentary is only any good to anyone watching the TV...
Old 8 Apr 2014, 06:33 (Ref:3390049)   #293
eduardo1
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Mr McConville might need to shore up his position at Porsche Motorsport then....
I think McConville is quite safe there.

Mr Skaife is not as widely appreciated outside of the V8 Supercar bubble as he might think.
Old 8 Apr 2014, 06:34 (Ref:3390052)   #294
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardo1 View Post
Mr Skaife is not as widely appreciated outside of the V8 Supercar bubble as he might think.
He is not alone, he and Crompton together are quite hideous.
Old 10 Apr 2014, 05:41 (Ref:3390700)   #295
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Given Ten's current fiscal state will they have enough income to honour the contract?
Been interesting watching the cannel self destruct with mixed messages. They have flogged their ratings successes of the past few years to death. So old and tired now no one bothers. And their efforts to "me too" the other channels have all suffered from initial miss casting or miss management.
About the only show which shows a little spark and imagination is the Project and even that is starting to loose it's edge.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 07:44 (Ref:3393727)   #296
naca
Racer

naca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems that Ten have secured the services of a Mr Matt White, (no not the one in dunlop series) from the middle of this year. Guessing we won't be seeing him in the commentary box from then until the start of next year. I wonder (but hope no) if he may pop up for the F1 telecasts.
Old 17 Apr 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3393782)   #297
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by naca View Post
It seems that Ten have secured the services of a Mr Matt White, (no not the one in dunlop series) from the middle of this year. Guessing we won't be seeing him in the commentary box from then until the start of next year. I wonder (but hope no) if he may pop up for the F1 telecasts.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment...-1226888469993
Old 17 Apr 2014, 11:56 (Ref:3393802)   #298
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
More Here

At least the # 7 broadcasts this year may be more peaceful..

..but it may also wreck the F1. Does Mr Rust still have a gig?

#7 didmt seem too fussed by the departure..
Old 17 Apr 2014, 12:24 (Ref:3393828)   #299
yap
Racer

Australia
Gold Coast
yap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seriously, do these TV stations do ZERO research on what viewers like

Odds are we are going to be lumbered with him for the Ch10 Motorsport coverage next year, when the general consensus is that he is absolute rubbish
Old 17 Apr 2014, 13:04 (Ref:3393858)   #300
one five five
Veteran

Quote:
More Here

At least the # 7 broadcasts this year may be more peaceful..
Who takes his place for the rest of the year?

Bring back Mike?