Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Aug 2005, 20:27 (Ref:1370492)   #1
Nismo
Racer

Nismo is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Kartiyken is Sato twice over!

wow what an erattic driver! the last 5 or 6 races he has been throwing it off all over the place! I personally believe he only got into f1 through his tata and kingfisher backing and the might of india! demotes sato as the king of irratic behaviour on track and the early days of verstappen .. imo sato is bloody brilliant! just unlucky this season

ok he was good in some of the junior forumulas, but never consistent..showed some good races.. but i think he is out of his depth in f1

Monteiro, may be a bit slower on pace but keeps it on the road..

he should go and hone his skills in GP2
Old 2 Aug 2005, 20:36 (Ref:1370501)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Karthikeyan has been overdriving of late.....

But he has been impressive to me most of the season. His car control is great, he pushes on all the time. Unfortunately, in team politics and back of the grid frustration seems to be getting hold of him badly.

Hopefully Johnny Herbert can help him fulfil his potential.

I'll be sad if Narain is thrown out at the end of the season.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 20:43 (Ref:1370510)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Narain did an excellent job in Hungary.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1370534)   #4
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Karthikeyan has indeed been not exactly perfect lately, but when I first saw him qualifying this year I was impressed at how well he drove. I mean, compared to the others of Jordan & Minardi he was easily the one who had the best control of the car. I really liked his driving.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 21:20 (Ref:1370553)   #5
Hip Priest
Racer

Hip Priest should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo
imo he doesnt deserve a place in f1. he is there not on tallent but the money. a riccardo rosset of india!
Drivers getting into F1 because of money? Whatever next?!

To be honest, i have found Narain to be a very exciting driver to watch, and i believe that he has done well during his first F1 season, driving a poor car for a politically turbulent team.

His natural style and car control are so impressive that I like to call him the Asian Gilles Villeneuve!

I hope he gets the chance to stick around.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 21:21 (Ref:1370554)   #6
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Here here! Its like hes driving a car with no wings!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1370559)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
'tis true.

I stood at Copse on 1st friday practice for the GP and his commitment and control was unbelieveable. One time he tried to go flat, got a massive tankslapper and somehow held onto it. His very next lap he lifted only a little, running right up to the kerb with the car bottoming on the exit kerb, dust flying off the underside plank, the car squirming. kept his foot in. He was just sensational.

Monteiro was a tugger in comparison.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 21:33 (Ref:1370565)   #8
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
He has the same driving style as Gilles, or more recently Alesi, both extremely exciting drivers to watch. He proved at the start of the season that he's up to the job, struggled at Monaco having never previously drove there (although his race was fine until he dropped out), and has struggled to get his confidence back, especially as Carlin is gone and Kolles openly dislikes him. He belongs in Formula 1, and comparing him to Sato is a little suspect. Of all the other possible comparisons.... and can you at least learn to spll his name correctly?
Old 2 Aug 2005, 21:57 (Ref:1370593)   #9
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BootsOntheSide
He has the same driving style as Gilles, or more recently Alesi, both extremely exciting drivers to watch. ...... and can you at least learn to spll his name correctly?
Now that has really grabbed my attention, Boots; I'll have to start watching this guy more closely. You've got to admit that it is quite a difficult name to 'spll' though!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 22:12 (Ref:1370605)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's hard to 'spll'. but easy to 'tpye'.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 22:19 (Ref:1370609)   #11
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's hard to 'spll'. but easy to 'tpye'.
O.K.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 23:00 (Ref:1370629)   #12
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nismo
imo he doesnt deserve a place in f1. he is there not on tallent but the money. a riccardo rosset of india!
Not really a Rosset of India IMO. The guy does have talent. I just love watching him on the track. Ok all of the drivers push hard, but Narian just absoultely drives the wheels of his car trying to extract that vital few tenths, and you can tell this because if you watch Monteiro, he just doesn't have the driving stlye of Narain, he is more smooth and steady. It seems he is erractic because he is just pushing the Jordan harder than it will go really and when he calms down I reckon he will be a very fast and competant driver. He is certainly very quick, and one of the more interesting drivers to watch on the track!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 23:03 (Ref:1370632)   #13
Menelaos
Veteran

Greece
Athens, Greece
Menelaos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think he would be a consistent driver if he could go to a slightly better team, RBR for example.
Old 2 Aug 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1370642)   #14
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
u guys are making me blush with all these good comments on NK ..

he did have few bad races, mind you most of the tracks he is still learning.

i think if his agression is controlled he can be a great driver....some one like Johnny Herbert has to talk to him all the time and advice him before races ...

He will be in F1 racing in 2006 ....which team ?? it can be speculated
Old 2 Aug 2005, 23:16 (Ref:1370644)   #15
nkfan
Racer

nkfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Menelaos
I think he would be a consistent driver if he could go to a slightly better team, RBR for example.
RBR could be possible ...RBR has always been interested in him. Red Bull was one of his main sponser in his junior racing days !!
Old 2 Aug 2005, 23:20 (Ref:1370646)   #16
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Both he and Monteiro have a real uphill battle. That Jordan is an evil handling car. I wonder how much of a wild driver he is or is it just that the Jordan is virtually uncontrollable. Both Karthikeyan and Montiero have been very up and down in their performances. It's hard to make a really good judgement on them when we rarely see them on camera.
Old 3 Aug 2005, 02:26 (Ref:1370699)   #17
FPV GTHO
Veteran

Australia
St Marys, NSW
FPV GTHO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He seems to erratic for me to judge. Certainly he deserves a 2nd year in F1, that could do him the world of good
Old 4 Aug 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1371762)   #18
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought he fell out with Marko at RBR last season? But then again does'nt everyone?
Old 4 Aug 2005, 11:15 (Ref:1371810)   #19
x_acto
Rookie

Portugal
Portugal
x_acto should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snrub
Both he and Monteiro have a real uphill battle. That Jordan is an evil handling car. I wonder how much of a wild driver he is or is it just that the Jordan is virtually uncontrollable. Both Karthikeyan and Montiero have been very up and down in their performances. It's hard to make a really good judgement on them when we rarely see them on camera.
Quite true! But despite all Monteiro is much smoother driver than Karthikeyan.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 14:38 (Ref:1372001)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NK had a great early few races but has been back to his wreckless less in the past few weeks. Still i think he deserves another season. A year of testing with a top team did Sato and Massa the world of good both of whom were wreckless in their first season and have now become smooth operators. Maybe the best option for Narain would be to sit out a season and become a test driver and come back a year later when he is more used to an f1 car (provided he has any offers ).

Montiero has done better than i expected him to... after the first few races i expected him to be thrashed by narian but has gained the upper hand now...
Old 4 Aug 2005, 15:43 (Ref:1372033)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
Reckless and wreckless meaning the opposite thing is one of those little quirks of the English language isn't it Ralf fan?

Testing with a top team would be ideal for him to really get the hang of things, but theres always the danger that he might lose his racing edge in that time. He's done well under the circusmtances, and seem tot have more ultimate potential than Montiero.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 16:31 (Ref:1372070)   #22
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
'tis true.

I stood at Copse on 1st friday practice for the GP and his commitment and control was unbelieveable. One time he tried to go flat, got a massive tankslapper and somehow held onto it. His very next lap he lifted only a little, running right up to the kerb with the car bottoming on the exit kerb, dust flying off the underside plank, the car squirming. kept his foot in. He was just sensational.

Monteiro was a tugger in comparison.
Quality! Seriously, I'm sure Narain tries to get more out of the car than it has to offer, whereas Tiago just settles for what's he got. He was always the one who was supposed to deliver and, to be fair, that's what he's done, being classified in every race so far, iirc.

Trevor Carlin's exit won't have helped Narain either. He has always been one of Trev's favourites, being the first to get good results for the team in British F3. Colin Kolles doesn't seem the type put a comforting arm around a driver's shoulders when things are not going well.

As for the car, well, even John Herbert doesn't seem keen to give it a try, which tells you something!
Old 4 Aug 2005, 17:09 (Ref:1372106)   #23
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Reckless and wreckless meaning the opposite thing is one of those little quirks of the English language isn't it Ralf fan?

Old 4 Aug 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1372112)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has Narain actually crashed recently?

I don't remember any.
Old 4 Aug 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1372119)   #25
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
he's had several spins on friday and several trips to the gravel during the races