Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 13 Feb 2006, 05:23 (Ref:1521519)   #1
zapparacing
Rookie

zapparacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TVR Photos

I just thought I would post some pictures of the race TVR we're building. It's comming along, and we finally have it back at our place to finish it out. Let me know what you think, you do not see many TVR racing today...atleast in the States.

http://www.albumtown.com/showalbum.p...026&uuid=39632
Old 13 Feb 2006, 08:23 (Ref:1521575)   #2
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Looks a bit of a tool Zappa, like to see it when finished. Power/weight ratio on that will be very good I would have thought.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 16:21 (Ref:1521881)   #3
zapparacing
Rookie

1720lbs dry. 344 hp@ 6700rpm- 3.4L Essex V6. approx 5lbs/hp
Old 13 Feb 2006, 16:33 (Ref:1521889)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapparacing
3.4L Essex V6. approx 5lbs/hp
Fuel injected?

If so its not an Essex. Its a Cosworth GA. They built them based on the Essex 3 litre (for Group 2) but the block is the only component from that engine.

Overhead cams in alloy heads. If you've got one look after it because they are hens teeth. The only company servicing them in the UK these days is (I believe) Swindon Engines.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 16:55 (Ref:1521904)   #5
zapparacing
Rookie

Downdraft Weber DGV. It was a 3L bored out to 3.4L. I do not have the file in front of me now, but it came from David Gerald who sent it to Rick Wood to get the work done. From there he shipped it to me.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 18:22 (Ref:1521963)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmm,

Rick does know a thing or two. Triple webers?
Old 13 Feb 2006, 19:11 (Ref:1522005)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Nothing unusual Peter a few of the lads in ModProds ran the triple Webber setup, we had a lot of Capris in the early days as we amalgamated with the still born Capri Challenge, you would have been in 7th heaven up and you are right Rick does know his stuff he was one of the Capri chargers out with us!.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 19:36 (Ref:1522034)   #8
zapparacing
Rookie

Yep triple Weber DGV's. David said Rick really knew his stuff and was a great guy to deal with, which he was. I hope it goes as good as it sounds.
Old 13 Feb 2006, 20:31 (Ref:1522082)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapparacing
Yep triple Weber DGV's. ................I hope it goes as good as it sounds.
Unless I'm wrong (which is likely) Terry Nichols ran a triple weber 3.4 and it was a bit special. I believe Rick now owns that car.
Old 14 Feb 2006, 05:35 (Ref:1522309)   #10
zapparacing
Rookie

Peter, your guess would be better than mine. I have only had the pleasure of dealing w/ him a few times, but he did say that this is an uncommon motor. So we'll see how it runs!!!
Old 16 Feb 2006, 08:34 (Ref:1524087)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I may well see Terry on Saturday, I'll ask him if I do.
Old 27 Feb 2006, 06:26 (Ref:1532247)   #12
johnh875
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
johnh875 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks very nice!

Here is a Griffith that races here in Australia (mainly NSW I think).

I really like the early TVRs, I used to see 3 occaisionally at a garage on my way to school in a small country town - which must have been a good proportion of the cars in the country! - and I was fascinated by them. I didn't know what they were at first, but they were clearly designed to do one thing only!