Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Feb 2020, 20:46 (Ref:3959116)   #541
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Regarding the "Wet Wood" thing. Simply look around your local area for "fly tippped" sofas, mattresses etc. Collect them together, then find someone who collects contaminated diesel/petrol from missfuelling errors. Soak the former with the latter, chuck in a flaming Swan Vesta, pile up a few wet logs nearby to feel the warmth and - hey you're doing your bit for the environment...
Old 22 Feb 2020, 07:27 (Ref:3959167)   #542
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post

The Alan Mann Zodiac will no doubt appear in Chichester one day, it was a bronze/gold colour. I have a colour photo of it somewhere on my PC
Would love to see that picture Zef, if you ever happen to come across it.
Old 22 Feb 2020, 11:34 (Ref:3959195)   #543
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For those interested in Gilbern cars, and I believe there are few here, the Feb edition of MOG Magazine has a nice article on the history of the marque. Very informative for people like me who knew very little about the brand.

I expect you already have a copy Mike!
Old 22 Feb 2020, 11:55 (Ref:3959201)   #544
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
For those interested in Gilbern cars, and I believe there are few here, the Feb edition of MOG Magazine has a nice article on the history of the marque. Very informative for people like me who knew very little about the brand.

Actually I don’t ! Interesting that a Morgan magazine has written about them.....
Old 22 Feb 2020, 13:27 (Ref:3959221)   #545
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post

Bob, did it mention anything about the last, unfinished prototype? It was bought by an interesting character from Deal who finished it off then drove it across to the Arras classic car show a few years ago. It was his first-ever trip abroad so I thought it was quite a brave thing to do!
Old 22 Feb 2020, 14:20 (Ref:3959228)   #546
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post

But it does annoy me that they demand we change to electric home heating , at 4 times the cost , when the electric is generated by , [ quick count up ], 20 power stations burning wood , [ biomass] & 70 odd burning coal / oil / gas .
I decided a couple of years back that my 1947 solid fuel Rayburn with a back boiler was getting expensive to run on smokeless coal and of course you have to rake out the ash and make it up a couple of times a day.
As we already had pipework and rads fitted I decided to go "green" and had a state of the art electric thermal storage unit fitted for heating and domestic hot water as there is no mains gas in our area and it meant having a propane or oil tank fitted.
We are prone out in the sticks to a lot of fuel oil thieving and I didn't like the idea of a propane boiler so went electric.
Yes it is bloody expensive if you have it going full blast but works well with absolutely no maintenance at all but I only have it set at about 20c and rev up the wood burner at night to be really cosy.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 22 Feb 2020, 15:10 (Ref:3959238)   #547
bauble
Veteran

England
Luton, which is nowhere near ,,,?
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Actually I don’t ! Interesting that a Morgan magazine has written about them.....
MOG features a different Marque each month Mike, Allard, Standard, Jowett etc. It is more than just a Morgan magazine, and there are some fantastic articles each month by truly great journalist.

Modesty forbids me from mentioning a name.
Old 23 Feb 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3959401)   #548
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Noticed some mutterings in the media today about the VNUK ruling .
I thought that the EU parliament voted against it on 22nd Jan last year .

As most people know , it could effectively end all motor sport .

Is it the normal rubbish from the media , or has the EU commission ignored democracy and its own Parliament and decided to bring this in anyway .
Old 23 Feb 2020, 15:16 (Ref:3959403)   #549
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tel 911S View Post
Noticed some mutterings in the media today about the VNUK ruling .
I thought that the EU parliament voted against it on 22nd Jan last year .

As most people know , it could effectively end all motor sport .

Is it the normal rubbish from the media , or has the EU commission ignored democracy and its own Parliament and decided to bring this in anyway .
So what’s happened since this?

https://www.autosport.com/national/n...insurance-vote
Old 23 Feb 2020, 15:30 (Ref:3959406)   #550
Tel 911S
Racer

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

That is the question .
Haven,t studied every detail , but todays stories .
https://uk.news.yahoo.com/boris-john...100519367.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...wers-tractors/
Old 23 Feb 2020, 16:27 (Ref:3959413)   #551
Tel 911S
Racer

Quote:
Doing a bit more reading , & still not sure .
It seems that the Jan 22nd amendment might only exclude Motorsport , and the rest of it will apply to the UK until we actually change our law so that EU laws do not still rule us .

But it will mean that , up until then , everybody will have to get separate insurance for tractors , construction equipment , anything you can ride on including powered invalid chairs , electric bicycles , electric scooters & even segways .
Old 23 Feb 2020, 18:19 (Ref:3959427)   #552
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
This insurance "thing" has been kicking about since 2014, but will it be implemented ? as I can't imagine how it can ever be policed especially out in the sticks, I would have thought that a lot of the farmers on the continent (especially in my neck of the woods in Spain) don't know what insurance is !!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Feb 2020, 18:38 (Ref:3959433)   #553
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
It appears to be caused by this.

It follows a High Court ruling, following the ECJ judgment, in which a walker sued a farmer who left him paralysed after running him over in an uninsured 4x4.
Following the Supreme Court’s decision it could lead to “a PPI-style claims bonanza”. insured car drivers on the roads will have to “pick up the tab” as their premiums are sent soaring by the amount of claims.

Old 23 Feb 2020, 20:18 (Ref:3959450)   #554
midgetman
Veteran

England
Rural Wiltshire
midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!midgetman is going for a new lap record!
It'll be policed vigorously. It's easier than catching thieves and muggers.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 23 Feb 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3959453)   #555
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
This is a question and advice from the panel.
We have a couple of tickets for the Albert Hall next week to see the Circ de Soleil as some of you no doubt have probably seen. I am a bit apprehensive on going and mixing with huge crowds at the moment in view of what is happening regarding the Corona Virus. Am I alone or am I just being paranoid ?