Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 2 Jan 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3873713)   #2576
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
I know now. There won't be any surprises.
Sonic the Hedgehog ?
Old 2 Jan 2019, 21:51 (Ref:3873715)   #2577
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Resembles more like a snail, from what we've seen in previous attempts.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 11:42 (Ref:3873771)   #2578
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Obviously teams like making a big announcement, so we have confirmations somewhere, just that they have kept things secret till the right moment
Old 3 Jan 2019, 12:24 (Ref:3873773)   #2579
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Obviously teams like making a big announcement, so we have confirmations somewhere, just that they have kept things secret till the right moment
Gow said that the announcement options are part of the reason for revamping media day.

Teams can make announcements via Social Media, own website, BTCC website, printed media and others. Each option will work best for the team/sponsors, and alongside ASI it means that not many announcements/reveals are left for Media Day.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 13:05 (Ref:3873775)   #2580
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Also gives more time for pre season preparations
Old 3 Jan 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3873782)   #2581
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Well you could keep things hush hush and equip your driver with a Groucho Marx disguise to throw nosey people off the scent! 😁
Old 3 Jan 2019, 14:18 (Ref:3873784)   #2582
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
im not quite sure what we are getting at here, just because we can assume certain drivers have probably got agreements in place but knowledge is not public does that not allow us to speculate until a time when facts are known?
Old 3 Jan 2019, 14:41 (Ref:3873790)   #2583
S griffin
Veteran

Well people do like to look for clues
Old 3 Jan 2019, 15:42 (Ref:3873796)   #2584
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I wonder if we'll have the Corolla revealed next week in Birmingham? Or later at Brands? What's the place in Spain everyone likes to test at?
Old 3 Jan 2019, 16:04 (Ref:3873804)   #2585
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I wonder if we'll have the Corolla revealed next week in Birmingham? Or later at Brands? What's the place in Spain everyone likes to test at?
Dont think we'll see the Toyota at ASI. Edit: Motorbase, AmD, Ciceley and PMR at ASI according to their website.

Testing normally happens at Algarve/Portimao or Parcmotor Castelloli but I've heard nothing announced on that front, either - yet!

Last edited by Evantra; 3 Jan 2019 at 16:13.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 16:06 (Ref:3873805)   #2586
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Dont think we'll see the Toyota at ASI. There were about 4-5 teams that had space booked but I'm 99% it wasn't Speedworks, unfortunately.

Testing normally happens at Algarve/Portimao or Parcmotor Castelloli but I've heard nothing announced on that front, either - yet!
Tingram has said the car won't be finished in build until late Feb, and they will be testing in March.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3873810)   #2587
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
They might glue some plastic body kit parts on a road car for the show...
Old 3 Jan 2019, 18:23 (Ref:3873818)   #2588
Robshillito1990
Racer

Robshillito1990 is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
They might glue some plastic body kit parts on a road car for the show...
The road going version isn't out yet though is it?
Old 3 Jan 2019, 19:37 (Ref:3873828)   #2589
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robshillito1990 View Post
The road going version isn't out yet though is it?
It will be in showrooms in Britain very soon - during February. The factory has been building up inventory for a couple of months now... plenty to be found, and a relatively inexpensive way to generate some publicity having one at ASI. If I were Toyota PR I'd definitely have a road car on display at the very least.
Old 3 Jan 2019, 22:27 (Ref:3873849)   #2590
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pirtek news imminent. Probably AJ continuing in a BMW.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 07:11 (Ref:3873872)   #2591
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The new Corolla has been launched for ages in other countries, just not the UK - so with Toyota's help they could easily get a suitable 'car' to mock up.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 07:20 (Ref:3873874)   #2592
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
The new Corolla has been launched for ages in other countries, just not the UK - so with Toyota's help they could easily get a suitable 'car' to mock up.
I'd be more surprised if there isn't a mock-up car on the BTCC stand from what I've heard they have planned.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 08:13 (Ref:3873882)   #2593
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Team HARD have their 2019 car on display on their stand too.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 4 Jan 2019, 08:45 (Ref:3873887)   #2594
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Team HARD have their 2019 car on display on their stand too.

How many series are they entering this year tho? no big reveal in BTCC for them, we know the car and drivers so this will probably go unnoticed
Old 4 Jan 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3873888)   #2595
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
How many series are they entering this year tho? no big reveal in BTCC for them, we know the car and drivers so this will probably go unnoticed
I assumed livery?

Old 4 Jan 2019, 10:09 (Ref:3873907)   #2596
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
I assumed livery?

#gamechanger
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:35 (Ref:3873914)   #2597
S griffin
Veteran

Well we already though have Bushell, be interesting to see who else they sign
Old 4 Jan 2019, 11:56 (Ref:3873919)   #2598
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
all 4 HARD drivers are confirmed.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 12:00 (Ref:3873920)   #2599
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I reckon Thompson, Crees and Boardley are in with a good shout.
Old 4 Jan 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3873921)   #2600
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I reckon Thompson, Crees and Boardley are in with a good shout.

Do you think there might be some 'Clever Baggers' presence on their cars too?