Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Nov 2006, 02:23 (Ref:1763862)   #1
Tango25
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Tango25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Marshalling Abroad 2007

I'm a British Course marshal wanting to marshal in New Zealand in 2007, Can anyone help?
Old 12 Nov 2006, 12:19 (Ref:1764159)   #2
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
Stoowert should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes! it's just to the right of Australia, It's a bit hilly and it's got loads of sheep...Oh yes, they're pretty good at rugby, I'm told.
Old 12 Nov 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1764312)   #3
racerkeke
Veteran

Canada
The Great Green North
racerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridracerkeke should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems like an awful long way to go to marshal. Couldn't you just come to North America? It'd be cheaper, and we do speak English (of a sort).

keke
Old 12 Nov 2006, 20:36 (Ref:1764414)   #4
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
When are you there, where will you be? I nearly marshalled Pukekohe but for a rain storm - tail end of a cyclone to be precise - , and I may be able to help you with some contacts and details. PM me if you like.

I'll be there in February, and about 100 miles away from NZV8s at Manfield, but I've already got stuff arranged for that week-end, so I can't play

I'm also missing A1 GP by a week...
Old 12 Nov 2006, 20:51 (Ref:1764429)   #5
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you will need to contact the msa and get a 2007 marshalling abroad form . then you will need to take this with you when you go to new zealand .you mite need to take out a tempoary membership of a local club in the area where you are going
Old 13 Nov 2006, 00:52 (Ref:1764560)   #6
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't, I just e-mailed the club, told them my experience and got invited along...

We're free willed volunteers. An MSA letter may oil the wheels for the bigger meetings, but ask the club whether they'd like you to have one.

Oh, and check your travel insurance, it may not cover you.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1766717)   #7
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
In my opinion the MSA letter counts for little, in fact it's a source of merriment at Long Beach and Sebring Registration! I'm not sure about Road Atlanta as I didn't read it to them! You are asked to take out tempory membership of SCCA, which is torn up on the Sunday if you don't need the insurance cover bit! A nice gesture to volunteers, by volunteers.
I echo Keke's comments. Get over to the USA or Canada and broaden your horizons before the tree huggers make Governments price air travel out of our reach.

Hint: Las Vagas and Long Beach Champ Car races are back-to-back next April. Come and see how land-lines work (Opps, soapbox time again...)
Old 15 Nov 2006, 13:54 (Ref:1766812)   #8
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
All well and good, but I suspect the reason he wants to marshal in New Zealand is because he's going to be in New Zealand anyway, rather than that it's his chosen destination for marshalling...

I found this to be a good source of information.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1767141)   #9
jonbryant
Veteran

England
Horsham, West Sussex
jonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjonbryant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For what it's worth I've had to get the form from the MSA filled out to marshal elsewhere on the continent. They seem to require it in Germany at least...

I'm afraid I can't remember the name of the guy at the MSA who took over from the sadly late Toddy.
Old 15 Nov 2006, 21:07 (Ref:1767177)   #10
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
allan dean lewis is the person to speak to at the msa .i have found they letter very usfull
Old 18 Nov 2006, 10:53 (Ref:1769054)   #11
Manxcoastracing
Rookie

Manxcoastracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does the Isle of Man qualify as 'abroad' ? :-)
Old 18 Nov 2006, 11:53 (Ref:1769083)   #12
Stoowert
Veteran

Zimbabwe
Caterham, Surrey
I don't think the Isle of Mann counts. I marshalled several hill-climbs for the boy Felix and it was never mentioned. Same goes for Jersey (Outside the EU you know)
Old 18 Nov 2006, 17:02 (Ref:1769168)   #13
Tango25
Rookie

United Kingdom
England
Tango25 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nz 2007 marshalling abroad ??

Was looking on the web and came across NZMOA,but it hasnt been updated since 2004 is there another address i can try for an updated website or try any other nz marshalling clubs to get in contact with for marshalling in nz for 2007 onwards? Can anyone help? Thanks
Old 19 Nov 2006, 00:31 (Ref:1769339)   #14
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
now merged
this thread would seem to have most of your answers. Looks as if the numbers of marshals in NZ could be on the increase next year.

both threads merged

Last edited by Woolley; 21 Nov 2006 at 00:19.
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1770408)   #15
Manxcoastracing
Rookie

oh dear , i wonder if the local car marshals might have me back if i ask them nicely ?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1770415)   #16
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Where do you want to go Jeff?
Old 20 Nov 2006, 14:27 (Ref:1770664)   #17
Manxcoastracing
Rookie

back marshaling , cant do bikes anymore .Just miss the banks too much
Old 20 Nov 2006, 15:18 (Ref:1770692)   #18
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
well I'm sure there would be no issue if you wanted to do cars at Mondello
Old 21 Nov 2006, 11:40 (Ref:1771359)   #19
Manxcoastracing
Rookie

roll on next season , i trust you and Mr Magnet are keeping well ?
Old 21 Nov 2006, 11:44 (Ref:1771360)   #20
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
yeah grand thanks - ditto you and Elma! don't expect to see us at too many car meets at Mondello though - their events are on the expendable list.

Anyway, this is kind of dragging things off topic - sorry folks - pray continue!