Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will win Bathurst in 2019
#2 Pye/Luff WAU Mobil1 Holden 1 1.89%
#3 Jacobson/Fiore KR Rabble Nissan 0 0%
#5 Holdsworth/Randle Tickford Bottle O Ford 0 0%
#6 Waters/Caruso Tickford Monster Energy Ford 0 0%
#7 Heimgartner/Fullwood KR Plus Fitness Nissan 1 1.89%
#8 Percat/Blanchard BJR BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 Reynolds/Youlden Erebus Penrite Holden 5 9.43%
#12 Coulthard/D'Alberto DJRTP Shell Ford 0 0%
#14 Slade/Walsh BJR Freightliner Holden 0 0%
#15 Kelly/Wood KR Castrol Nissan 0 0%
#17 McLaughlin/Premat DJRTP Shell Ford 12 22.64%
#18 Winterbottom/Richards Team18 Irwin Holden 0 0%
#19 LeBrocq/Webb Tekno Truck Assist Holden 0 0%
#21 Jones/Canto BJR CoolDrive Holden 1 1.89%
#22 Courtney/Perkins WAU Mobil1 Holden 0 0%
#23 Davison/Davison 23Red Milwaulkee Ford 1 1.89%
#27 Hinchcliffe/Rossi WAU Napa Auto Parts Holden 0 0%
#33 Stanaway/Pither GRM Boost Mobile Holden 1 1.89%
#34 Golding/Muscat GRM Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#35 Hazelwood/Smith MSR SP Tools Holden 1 1.89%
#55 Mostert/Moffat Tickford SuperCheap Auto Ford 2 3.77%
#56 Kostecki/Kostecki KBR Boost Mobile Holden 0 0%
#78 de Silvestro/Rullo KR Harvey Norman Nissan 1 1.89%
#97 Van Gisbergen/Tander RBHRT Red Bull Holden 14 26.42%
#99 de Pasquale/Brown Erebus Penrite Holden 1 1.89%
#111 Evans/Van Der Drift TKR TKR Holden (SCRATCHED) 2 3.77%
#888 Whincup/Lowndes RBHRT Red Bull Holden 10 18.87%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 24 Oct 2019, 11:15 (Ref:3936546)   #826
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I need to get more beer....this thread could go on till next year...
I got a headache reading it all.

It's run, won, case closed. Whether it was right doesn't matter anymore.
Old 24 Oct 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3936578)   #827
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
I got a headache reading it all.

It's run, won, case closed. Whether it was right doesn't matter anymore.
Exactly what Ive been saying
Old 24 Oct 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3936586)   #828
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can reveal that at Bathurst that car #8 was going to originally have Holden backing through a lion and wildlife sanctuary/charity but pulled out at the last minute due to said sanctuary and charity having a deal with Mercedes in the original country of South Africa. (they have a partnership to a charity here in Aus and the owner of the SA charity is a big motorsport fan)
Old 24 Oct 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3936621)   #829
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
Sadder still to see Bathurst dry as a chip....
Camp ground a little sad because of the vehicles etc but the surrounding countryside was reasonably green
Old 24 Oct 2019, 21:33 (Ref:3936629)   #830
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Can reveal that at Bathurst that car #8 was going to originally have Holden backing through a lion and wildlife sanctuary/charity but pulled out at the last minute due to said sanctuary and charity having a deal with Mercedes in the original country of South Africa. (they have a partnership to a charity here in Aus and the owner of the SA charity is a big motorsport fan)
These scenarios are always interesting. I often wonder how charities justify sponsorship of any kind, but I guess they need to market themselves to find more funding - somewhat of an oxymoron situation, really

And then there's a joker who has been dead for over 2000 years who was sponsoring a V8 Ute and a Muscle car. The brand recognition was amazing though as the first time I saw it, I said Jesus Christ as well
Old 24 Oct 2019, 22:47 (Ref:3936636)   #831
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It! View Post
These scenarios are always interesting. I often wonder how charities justify sponsorship of any kind, but I guess they need to market themselves to find more funding - somewhat of an oxymoron situation, really
Look at World Vision and others like it, having giant concrete and mirror buildings, highly paid CEOs driving $250k cars around, spending 80% of what they take on "administration" costs.

Yet people still give.
Old 25 Oct 2019, 02:43 (Ref:3936646)   #832
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Look at World Vision and others like it, having giant concrete and mirror buildings, highly paid CEOs driving $250k cars around, spending 80% of what they take on "administration" costs.

Yet people still give.
World Vision had a billboard at either Griffin's Bend or the Cutting once upon a time.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:04 (Ref:3939549)   #833
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Noise out of Sandown has inspired the Question for the day...

Did the 2 DJRTP engines, one run in practice and changed out due to a ‘technical issue’, and the race-winning race engine, both impounded for inspection by Supercar/Cragsted pass scrutineering for with flying colours?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:08 (Ref:3939550)   #834
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Engine used up to quali and shoot-out failed, but the "breach was not deliberate"

Car has been disqualified from quali and the shoot out (whatever that means) but the race results stand?

Very fishy. Another "accidental" technical breach from the best funded team in pitliane. No doubt we will get a good explanation from Ryan Story.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/11/10...engine-breach/
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:09 (Ref:3939551)   #835
gts300
Racer

Australia
gts300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Did the 2 DJRTP engines, one run in practice and changed out due to a ‘technical issue’, and the race-winning race engine, both impounded for inspection by Supercar/Cragsted pass scrutineering for with flying colours?
And no sooner did I read this and AdCafe posted the answer!
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:10 (Ref:3939552)   #836
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Asked And Answered

Illegal #17 Bathurst race engine, not deliberate apparently, $30k fine for the team.

This, alongside the #12 soft slap on the wrist really takes any shine of the #17 win surely.

:angry:
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3939553)   #837
Mixer
Veteran

You know they figured it out and shelved the engine so they didn't get disqualified from the race, and again deliberately didnt let on so they didn't start rear of grid.

Once I can, wear as a mistake but this is now a pattern.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3939554)   #838
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Engine used up to quali and shoot-out failed, but the "breach was not deliberate"

Car has been disqualified from quali and the shoot out (whatever that means) but the race results stand?

Very fishy. Another "accidental" technical breach from the best funded team in pitliane. No doubt we will get a good explanation from Ryan Story.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/11/10...engine-breach/
It's not a good look.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:13 (Ref:3939555)   #839
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
You know they figured it out and shelved the engine so they didn't get disqualified from the race, and again deliberately didnt let on so they didn't start rear of grid.

Once I can, wear as a mistake but this is now a pattern.
They didn't figure it out, they already knew it was outside the rules.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:15 (Ref:3939556)   #840
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
The Full CAMS Decision
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:17 (Ref:3939558)   #841
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Woah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:26 (Ref:3939562)   #842
Mixer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
They didn't figure it out, they already knew it was outside the rules.
DJRTP figured it out and didn't let on. Given they would have been rear of grid that race win is, really tarnished.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:27 (Ref:3939563)   #843
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
DJRTP Responds

Measurement mistake, engine failure consequences... Mostech’s fault...?
They must hire a think tank on a permanent basis to make this stuff up..

How might Mr Penske react to this?
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:29 (Ref:3939564)   #844
Jack65
Racer

Jack65 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A $30k fine...another slap with a wet lettuce. The only way cheating will be stamped out is by stripping the team of results and applying meaningful points deductions. DJRTP will still win the drivers and teams championships, all that relegating them to the back today will probably extinguish their enduro cup chances, but that's a distant third compared to the other in terms of prestige.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:31 (Ref:3939567)   #845
Speedy400
Racer

Speedy400 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sooooo 17 started from pole.
Pole achieved with an engine outside the rules.
This 100% affects race results.

Rear wing
Drop gear
Fabs under SC
Cheater engine

Have I missed anything?

And not appealing any of their fines shows me they don’t care about the money at all. Those fines would sink a BJR type team... which is why they probably don’t break the rules like Penske.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:31 (Ref:3939568)   #846
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Merely a witch-hunt to add excitement to the series.

Did other teams have their engines similarly checked for their valve lift tolerances?

Why did a simple measurement take nearly a month to do, and then somehow tie-in just prior to the Sandown race start?

Selective use of the rules to generate entertainment value (like with the "safety car") is the bigger crime at hand here.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:32 (Ref:3939569)   #847
Jack65
Racer

Quote:
How might Mr Penske react to this?
As long as they keep the win, couldn't give a stuff. If he did, somebody would be out the door.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:37 (Ref:3939570)   #848
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack65 View Post
As long as they keep the win, couldn't give a stuff. If he did, somebody would be out the door.
Might still happen. Mr Cindric wasn't supposed to be in town this weekend, but he is at the track.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:38 (Ref:3939571)   #849
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Asked And Answered

Illegal #17 Bathurst race engine, not deliberate apparently, $30k fine for the team.

:angry:
Illegal qualifying engine.

Important difference, unless your view is that they should be disqualified from the race meeting - which could be reasonably argued.
Old 10 Nov 2019, 00:52 (Ref:3939577)   #850
Jack65
Racer

So the precedent is now that anybody can run a hot engine in qualifying at Bathurst, take poll, get all the headlines on the Saturday news / Sunday papers and cop a $30k fine a few rounds later. With usually only 1 or 2 teams in championship contention by this stage of the year, a no brainer for the rest.

The series is struggling enough for credibility as it is without this. A serious review of penalties and their application is needed over the off season.