Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 3 Dec 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2994708)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2012 Historic Calendar.

Folks, as you can see I'm a sad git with nothing better to do than spam the site with race dates. These will fall off the page soon enough so I won't apologise. What I do ask is that if you want to post about an event, please check the calendar first. That way we can keep the conversation in one location.

If you would like me to add events let me know either by posting in this thread (best option) or by pm.
Old 3 Dec 2011, 12:18 (Ref:2994778)   #2
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Peter. I'm sure we all appreciate your work in doing this - although not much to do on a Saturday in the Gulf?
Old 3 Dec 2011, 12:30 (Ref:2994786)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, I've been shopping and done my ironing. Time for a beer now I guess.
Old 3 Dec 2011, 13:28 (Ref:2994800)   #4
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not sure about the first two but third sounds good

Thanks Peter. Sure there will be lots more. One I can recall is 2012 Algarve Historic Festival that is confirmed as October 18th to 21st.

Looks like Masters Dijon date is actually the l'Age d'Or weekend in June. It may not be 'their' event if you know what I mean, but hopefully Loius will confirm for us! GT&SCC, MRL and Pre 63 are also usually there, but no full calendar from them yet. Whatever, the truck will definitely be travelling over for that one!
Old 3 Dec 2011, 13:44 (Ref:2994803)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Unless you have today's edition of Safety Fast then don't bother with any MGCC races as the calendar has changed..........apparently.

Latest version
8th April Donington
5-6 May Brands Indy
23-24 June MG Live Silverstone GP
11 August Oulton Int
9 September Thruxton
13-14 October Snetterton 200

Last edited by Tim Falce; 3 Dec 2011 at 13:59.
Old 3 Dec 2011, 15:05 (Ref:2994820)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Thanks Peter. Sure there will be lots more. One I can recall is 2012 Algarve Historic Festival that is confirmed as October 18th to 21st.

Looks like Masters Dijon date is actually the l'Age d'Or weekend in June. It may not be 'their' event if you know what I mean, but hopefully Loius will confirm for us! GT&SCC, MRL and Pre 63 are also usually there, but no full calendar from them yet. Whatever, the truck will definitely be travelling over for that one!
No probs, I'm just taking these things from the provisional calendars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Unless you have today's edition of Safety Fast then don't bother with any MGCC races as the calendar has changed..........apparently.

Latest version
Added.
Old 3 Dec 2011, 16:23 (Ref:2994826)   #7
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter, I don't know if you include the Le Mas Classic? If so the dates are 6th - 8th July 2012 (and in my diary).

Gary
Old 3 Dec 2011, 17:31 (Ref:2994831)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks Gary. Will get to that tomorrow (ish).
Old 3 Dec 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2994832)   #9
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
In the lists of threads, the dates don't show up. When you open a thread the date is there in the title. Any idea why it doesn't show up in the list?
Old 3 Dec 2011, 17:47 (Ref:2994840)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Not a clue. You can edit the titles and add 2012.
Old 4 Dec 2011, 15:13 (Ref:2995089)   #11
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter,
May I add some dates from the US?
March 1-4 Sebring Enduro Classic (All vintage/Historic weekend)
March 13-17 12 Hours of Sebring - (Support races for the Historic 12 Hours)
June 9-12 Watkins Glen Historic Enduro 200 (Combined with the Shelby-American
Convention
June 21-24 Mid-Ohio Vintage Grand Prix (Featuring "The British Invasion)
Sept. 6-9 U.S. Vintage Grand Prix - Watkins Glen - One of North America's premiere Vintage events
Thanks
Bob H
Old 5 Dec 2011, 05:16 (Ref:2995383)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Bob,

Will get to those next weekend.
Old 5 Dec 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2995694)   #13
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks
Bob H
Old 5 Dec 2011, 20:51 (Ref:2995714)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Peter, for your project next w/end-

60th Coppa Intereuropa Historica, Monza, June 1st to 3rd 2012.

Tour Britannia (Harrogate start) June 7th to 9th 2012.

Old 7 Dec 2011, 00:06 (Ref:2996209)   #15
Duddha
Racer

United Nations
Geneva, Switzerland
Duddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDuddha should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great !

If they are not on the calendar already please put :

Grand Prix de l'Age d'Or - 23 & 24 juin 2012 - Circuit Dijon-Prenois

Trophees Historiques de Bourgogne
6 & 7 octobre 2012 - Circuit Dijon-Prenois

Both events to be run by Patrick Quiniou.

Informations will follow soon concerning the programs.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 14:36 (Ref:2996487)   #16
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
The Peter Auto stuff is published today
Old 7 Dec 2011, 16:11 (Ref:2996545)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Link?
Old 7 Dec 2011, 17:21 (Ref:2996572)   #18
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe this one Peter?
http://peterauto.peter.fr/index.php/en/calendrier
Old 7 Dec 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2996731)   #19
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Thanks Garry.Much to old to know how to do these things.
Old 7 Dec 2011, 22:20 (Ref:2996746)   #20
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
Happy to see the CER supporting the WEC at Sillystone
Old 8 Dec 2011, 04:22 (Ref:2996841)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Thanks. Jobs for Friday/Sat this week.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 06:41 (Ref:2996851)   #22
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Peter, couple of changes on CSCC calendar, Cadwell dropped and Anglesey one day meeting added.

Keep up the good work
Old 8 Dec 2011, 07:23 (Ref:2996865)   #23
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Should have CTCRC's and Bernies Historic V8's shortly.
Old 8 Dec 2011, 07:38 (Ref:2996868)   #24
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The Historic V8s will be on the CSCC site.
Old 10 Dec 2011, 12:32 (Ref:2997997)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Mike. Added CSCC Anglesey but what date was the Cadwell event?