Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 18 Feb 2008, 00:16 (Ref:2131465)   #1
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2008 F1 Fantasy Competition

Hey Everybody,

As you all may or may not have noticed i have been ruling this forum as forum host for the past couple of months.To compound your misery this means i will
be running the fantasy f1 competition this year. For those of you that donot know what a fantasy competition is, basically you 'build' your own team and score results based on how well your driver or constructor is doing in real life.

I along with some of my mod friends have revamped the competition and we will be having some drastically new rules this year so please take time to read them all because they will greatly impact your choices. An outline of the rules is as follows:

1. Team Entries: You will be given a budget of $100,000 to select two drivers and a constructor. You must select two drivers an a constructor.
There are no points for not spending your entire budget so spend up .

Now, no two teams can be identical i.e have the same 3 components because obviously we will have a case of two people scoring the same points throughout the season. Whoever posts the team first will have preference to keeping their entry. Also you will not be allowed to have 2 components from the same 'real' team.
Eg. Massa-Ferrari-Hamilton is not a valid entry because Massa drives for Ferrari. However Massa-BMW-Hamilton is a valid entry. Ofcourse they have to be within the spending budget.

Please use the following entry form to post entries:

Your team name:
Constructor:
Driver 1:
Driver 2:

Also please post the prices next to your entries so it is easier for me to enter. (I don't get paid for this you know )

Please post your entries in the entry thread in the competition sub forum. Here is the link :

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104138

2. Late Enteries: You are welcome to enter at any time during the season, however points will NOT be awarded for rounds you have missed. The reasoning is simple, you already have information of the trends of the season, ie who is fast etc. If you have joined the forum late then you could use this as an oppurtunity to
meet people and have some fun and then make an allout assault for next year's title.

3. Substitutions: You will be allowed one free driver substitution a season. After this every substitution will cost you 7 points. Constructor substitutes will not be allowed. Please post all your substitutions in a special substitutions thread that i will be starting. Also your substitions must comply with all of 'rule 1' like budget etc.

4. Ralf fan is king: I like this rule. Basically all this means is that if an anomaly should occur, ie spygate-version 3.0 or your driver is injured and can't participate, i will basically decide how to redistribute points or indeed if we should redistribute points when this occurs. I am not going to sitand type out every single possibility before the season because god knows the FIA over the years has given us literally 2000 different types of punishments that have been handed out.

5. Scoring: Well this is biggest change to this year's competition. Scoring is as follows:

Drivers:
win = 10 points
podium = 7 points
points finish = 5 points
finish = 3 points
DNF = 0 points

Bonus points for drivers- This is the biggest change to this year. Your driver will earn 1 point for every position gained from his grid slot and will lose
one point for every position lost from his grid slot. So for eg. If Kimi quallied 10th and finished 2nd. His score would be 7points (for podium) + 7 points
for gaining 7 places. Now say if Kimi was on pole and lost it at turn 1 and finished 22nd. He would yield a score of -21 for the round. So be careful
while chosing your drivers. Some midfield chargers will earn you more points than the guys at the front over the entire season. I have tried and designed thesystem in such a way that there isn't a massive advantage of picking a 'front runner'. This way we can have a more unpredicatable competition and throw an element of luck into it.

Constructor points:

1.) 12 points: 1-2 finish
2.) 10 points: double podium (either 1-3 or 2-3)
3.) 8 points: podium and points
4.) 6 points: double points
5.) 6 points: single podium and DNF
6.) 4 points: points and DNF
7.) 2 points: double finish
8.) 1 point : one finish and DNF
9.) 0 points: double DNF

Bonus points for constructors: 1 point if your constructor is on pole. 1 point if your constructor sets fastest lap.

6. Post race: After every race all the winners will receive melted chocolate on the podium for you to spray. Trophies will be presented by Knowlesy and Bononi who will be dressed in bikinis for your er.....pleasure.

Er...oh alright we can scrap rule 6.

Those are the rules then Phew!

Now for the prices:

DRIVERS VALUE

Kimi Raikkonen 50000
Lewis Hamilton 50000
Fernando Alonso 50000
Felipe Massa 40000
Heikki Kovalainen 40000
Nick Heidfeld 40000
Robert Kubica 30000
Nico Rosberg 25000
David Coultard 25000
Mark Webber 25000
Jenson Button 25000
Nelson Piquet Jnr 25000
Rubens Barrichello 25000
Jarno Trulli 15000
Giancarlo Fisichella 15000
Sebastian Vettel 10000
Sebastian Bourdais 10000
Kazuki Nakajima 10000
Adrian Sutil 5000
Timo Glock 5000
Takuma Sato 5000
Anthony Davidson 3000

Constructors…

Ferrari 50000
Mclaren 50000 (despite the fact they scored 0 points last year )
BMW Sauber 40000
Renault 35000
Williams 30000
Honda 20000
Red Bull 20000
Toyota 15000
Toro Rosso 10000
Super Aguri 5000
Force India 5000

Remember please post your entries in the thread in the competitions subforum:
Here is the link:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104138

Feel free to post comments or ask any questions.

Best of luck and most importantly have fun.

PS: Bribes are not required but will be appreciated.
PPS: I am winning by default so the rest of you will be fighting for 2nd.

Last edited by Ralf's Girl; 18 Feb 2008 at 15:41. Reason: Poor old Nakajima wasn't given a value...
Old 18 Feb 2008, 00:58 (Ref:2131484)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, I've entered. I expect I will be most suckly at this.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 01:34 (Ref:2131494)   #3
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
entry done.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 09:49 (Ref:2131614)   #4
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
I forgot to ask during the planning stage - are there double points for anybody with 'Ralf' in their user name?

I'm trying to work out how I can get a good team without having one really weak link...once I do, I shall enter and no doubt fail miserably.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Feb 2008, 13:18 (Ref:2131778)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yes, there are double points for people with 'Ralf' in their user name. But not 'Ralf's'. Just 'Ralf'.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 14:29 (Ref:2131842)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
But 'Ralf Girl' doesn't make sense.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 18 Feb 2008, 14:41 (Ref:2131851)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are triple points for anyone with 'ralf' in their name and who is running the competition.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 17:02 (Ref:2131940)   #8
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, cool format for this year - you'll regret all that complicated points scoring when it comes to totting up the scores each week :P

Good luck to everyone!
Old 18 Feb 2008, 18:19 (Ref:2131993)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, we understand the complications with totting up scores so we chose the person we least like to do this.

Unfortunately, I was already tied up so we gave it to ralf fan instead.
Old 18 Feb 2008, 19:09 (Ref:2132033)   #10
Racer_kyle
Racer

Northern Ireland
Edinburgh
Racer_kyle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
Yes, we understand the complications with totting up scores so we chose the person we least like to do this.

Unfortunately, I was already tied up so we gave it to ralf fan instead.

Oh once you get a wee excel spreadsheet littered with formulae it speeds the process up!
Old 19 Feb 2008, 03:05 (Ref:2132256)   #11
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl
But 'Ralf Girl' doesn't make sense.
Yes it does you are one Ralf Girl.....
Old 20 Feb 2008, 13:30 (Ref:2133335)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can I join the party ?
Old 20 Feb 2008, 19:32 (Ref:2133565)   #13
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
Join? Bloody hell you can win the whole competition if you wanted. All you need is to send some money to my personal account.
Old 20 Feb 2008, 22:48 (Ref:2133688)   #14
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralf fan
Join? Bloody hell you can win the whole competition if you wanted. All you need is to send some money to my personal account.
After paying to become forum host, now you want a refund ?
Old 27 Feb 2008, 03:58 (Ref:2138924)   #15
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Are we allowed t enter more than one team?
Or have I missed something.....
Old 27 Feb 2008, 15:04 (Ref:2139315)   #16
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
No...unless you would like to pay me for calculating double scores.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 18:30 (Ref:2139469)   #17
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
OK Only one team....

Or...How much do you charge.....?

Can I change my cars or drivers before the season begins...? (As long as no one else has that combination)
Old 27 Feb 2008, 20:34 (Ref:2139577)   #18
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yes, you can.
Old 27 Feb 2008, 21:27 (Ref:2139617)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Do we still have options for an entry ?
Old 4 Mar 2008, 09:48 (Ref:2143973)   #20
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A couple of questions:

1) Can you change your team mid-season, as long as you stay under the salary cap?

2) Once a user has a driver/constructor combo, is this 'theirs?' i.e. No one else can have the same combo?

Mick
Old 4 Mar 2008, 12:14 (Ref:2144079)   #21
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19
A couple of questions:

1) Can you change your team mid-season, as long as you stay under the salary cap?

2) Once a user has a driver/constructor combo, is this 'theirs?' i.e. No one else can have the same combo?

Mick
1) Substitutions: You will be allowed one free driver substitution a season. After this every substitution will cost you 7 points. Constructor substitutes will not be allowed. Please post all your substitutions in a special substitutions thread that i will be starting. Also your substitions must comply with all of 'rule 1' like budget etc.

2) I should imagine, if someone changes their driver lineup mid-season, their previous line-up would then be available.

Hope that helps.
Old 4 Mar 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2144552)   #22
bludvl_x19
Veteran

Australia
umop apisdn
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
1) Substitutions: You will be allowed one free driver substitution a season. After this every substitution will cost you 7 points. Constructor substitutes will not be allowed. Please post all your substitutions in a special substitutions thread that i will be starting. Also your substitions must comply with all of 'rule 1' like budget etc.

2) I should imagine, if someone changes their driver lineup mid-season, their previous line-up would then be available.

Hope that helps.
Yep, works for me. I've already put in my team, hope I don't have to change it.

Mick
Old 5 Mar 2008, 15:43 (Ref:2144981)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

We now have a livery thread opened by that amiable Aussie Pro racer. http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=104609

Feel free to add your own, but remember to keep the images a nice size.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 17:09 (Ref:2145045)   #24
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
The substitutions thread will open at the start of the season. You are free to change your entries till then.
Old 5 Mar 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2145047)   #25
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Right, everybody change your teams, just to confuse him.