Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Dec 2020, 14:20 (Ref:4021346)   #251
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well certainly an interesting race and as most things in the season are already decided, that was just what we needed. Great race for some, others must be wishing they had tested positive for a mild dose covid.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 14:23 (Ref:4021349)   #252
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Credit to Max: He backed out of a situation that was going to end badly. Had the run off being entirely tarmac without that little strip of gravel, he'd have survived.
It is ironic that he behaved quite maturely and ended up getting the shaft. Negative reinforcement for positive actions!

Richard
Old 7 Dec 2020, 14:33 (Ref:4021353)   #253
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
then he made himself look like a wally by reacting exactly the same way his father would have done
Old 7 Dec 2020, 15:33 (Ref:4021364)   #254
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
then he made himself look like a wally by reacting exactly the same way his father would have done
I thought he'd just stepped in some doggy-doo-doo as he got out of the car and was getting rid of it......
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:09 (Ref:4021376)   #255
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think he stepped in some when he got *in* it in the first place
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:14 (Ref:4021378)   #256
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
When shall we start the Bottas back to Williams rumours...
I think you just have.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:19 (Ref:4021380)   #257
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Russell was a star but Bottas was catching him before the snafu, so what would have happened will be forever unknown.
At about 0.1sec per lap, if I recall correctly. So after about 15 laps he would have been within DRS range. But look at the way things turned out when they got close: 3:0 to George.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:27 (Ref:4021383)   #258
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
With all the excitement Verstappen manages to fly under the radar.

Leclerc managed to stop his broken car before crashing into the barrier.

Verstappen drives a perfectly good car straight into the barrier. "Oh Max" Brundle exclaimed. Yep......oh Max.

These are the weekends Max needs to shine.
Each time they replayed Max's onboard shot, I thought it looked like he was heading for some tarmac run-off and, Boom! On the camera the conveyor belting looked like a run-off area. Now that's probably down to the camera, or my eyes, but it could also be the effect of the floodlights that deceived Max as well as me.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:30 (Ref:4021386)   #259
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I got the same impression.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:31 (Ref:4021387)   #260
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
I've been puzzling for months over why RP dumped Perez in favour of Vettel. Now I think I've got it: Perez makes Stroll Jnr look ordinary, whereas Vettel will make him look good.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 16:34 (Ref:4021391)   #261
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I enjoyed Lawrence telling us about the great leadership he has brought to the team.

I was just sat there in awe.
Well he bought a BANKRUPT company and has since hired 150+ people, set in motion a factory fit for a modern F1 team ( not one from the 80's) , signed a 4 time World Champion ( jury still out?!), convinced his Engineering Group to put their egos in a draw and get their cameras out ( brilliant if audacious) and got his very average entitled son on the podium. Credit where its due even if it does stick in the gullet.....
Old 7 Dec 2020, 17:00 (Ref:4021399)   #262
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Well he bought a BANKRUPT company and has since hired 150+ people, set in motion a factory fit for a modern F1 team ( not one from the 80's) , signed a 4 time World Champion ( jury still out?!), convinced his Engineering Group to put their egos in a draw and get their cameras out ( brilliant if audacious) and got his very average entitled son on the podium. Credit where its due even if it does stick in the gullet.....
Agree, shame all that effort will be wasted on Lance and Vettel.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 7 Dec 2020, 17:17 (Ref:4021403)   #263
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I was purely talking about teammate comparisons.

The talk all weekend has been about how Russell has come in and by doing so well in the car it somehow tarnishes Hamilton’s and Bottas performances this year.

Max did exactly the same thing, but no one talked about it diminishing his teammate, it was all about how good Max was.....

...biases aside, if you look at it objectively people should apply the same rule for both situations, I prefer to believe it just highlights how good both Max and Russell are rather than tarnishing another drivers record.
How much did verstappens performance hurt people's viewpoint of sainz? He was an up and coming stud, then got booted, his replacement wins first time in the car, next thing you know, he's never talked about among the top drivers, falls down the ladder of teams, to renault, then to mclaren, which at that point was seen as a step down from even renault, as they were just coming off the honda experiment. It's taken a few years to re-establish himself to the point of now getting the ferrari seat. One big difference, is he wasn't dominating in the dominating car, on every f1 related headline, like hamilton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I like how we've got to compare Bottas to Albon and Stroll now. Not the best argument for how well he's doing. "He can beat drivers than people don't think are that good".

Before this weekend it was "Take Lewis out, and Bottas will win". Now we've got to add Russell to that list of drivers who Bottas needs to not be team mates with, and he's literally had 1 race.
I think you misunderstood why I threw those names out there. I picked arguable the worst drivers to illustrate that if you put someone who is no threat to win or compete at that level and put them in the mercedes, and that second mercedes was finishing 4-5 every race, bottas would still be winning most of the races, because the mercedes is that good.

Yes, now we can add russell to the list of who looks better than bottas. Meanwhile, all year, and for the previous few years, take hamilton out of the picture, and who would be world champion? If we're at the point of having to reach to albon and stroll to compare bottas to, and bottas would still be a multiple time world champion the last few years, what does that say about who is more responsible for the recent domination: Mercedes or hamilton?
Old 7 Dec 2020, 18:22 (Ref:4021419)   #264
sparkione
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
sparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsparkione should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A suggested future scenario – LH sits out this year, returns next year, wins title no.8 (thus surpassing MS), achieves the Holy Grail of 100 GP wins then retires to Colorado (or wherever his studio is) and concentrates on his, er, music and any number of other avenues (fashion, etc) which will be open to him. Merc replaces him with George and retain Bottas as a reliable back-stop. GR wins title, VB retires and the New Normal is established. You read it here first...
Old 7 Dec 2020, 18:57 (Ref:4021425)   #265
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkione View Post
A suggested future scenario – LH sits out this year, returns next year, wins title no.8 (thus surpassing MS), achieves the Holy Grail of 100 GP wins then retires to Colorado (or wherever his studio is) and concentrates on his, er, music and any number of other avenues (fashion, etc) which will be open to him. Merc replaces him with George and retain Bottas as a reliable back-stop. GR wins title, VB retires and the New Normal is established. You read it here first...
I don't think Hamilton will sit out the year. However if he did, he could be at the forefront in developing the '22 car, without the distraction of competing next year. Having said that, driving the current car is like second nature to him and as demonstrated by Russell, it is streets ahead of anything else on the grid and is Hamilton's the best chance of winning the that 8th title next year.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 19:22 (Ref:4021432)   #266
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
In a different slant what a weekend for Mercedes..

They have a very rare moment of operational weakness at a critical time
The performance of GR has at the same time lit up that seat of knowledge which is Twitter in a mix of...

Conspiracy theory that the pitstop foul up was to stop GR winning and making Lewis look bad
Or that VB's career at Mercedes is effectively over...
That Lewis has had it easy this year if a driver can jump in his car having never sat in it before and almost get pole and a win
That Lewis will be on the back foot in his negotations with Mercedes as his bargaining power has now vanished
That is is all down to the car and whatever the drivers do is almost worthless.

I bet Mercedes didn't expect that from a race weekend!
Old 7 Dec 2020, 20:31 (Ref:4021446)   #267
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've avoided social media like the plague today.......
Old 7 Dec 2020, 20:43 (Ref:4021451)   #268
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i think some people are over thinking the race, however i do like the idea that Lewis might not be able to demand the obscene contract he was asking for. F1 needs to keep costs under control for sure.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 20:44 (Ref:4021452)   #269
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
In a different slant what a weekend for Mercedes..

They have a very rare moment of operational weakness at a critical time
The performance of GR has at the same time lit up that seat of knowledge which is Twitter in a mix of...

Conspiracy theory that the pitstop foul up was to stop GR winning and making Lewis look bad
Or that VB's career at Mercedes is effectively over...
That Lewis has had it easy this year if a driver can jump in his car having never sat in it before and almost get pole and a win
That Lewis will be on the back foot in his negotations with Mercedes as his bargaining power has now vanished
That is is all down to the car and whatever the drivers do is almost worthless.

I bet Mercedes didn't expect that from a race weekend!
It’s a good job that ANYONE with more brain cells than an amoeba doesn't subscribe to conspiracy theories, and realises that Mercedes wouldn’t intentionally throw away championship points, prize money and marketing/ media just to pacify a 7 time world champion who has never wanted nor needed an advantage within his team in his entire career.

It’s also a good job that anyone with an ounce of knowledge also knows that if it was THAT easy to jump In the Mercedes and win that Bottas and Rosberg would have beaten Hamilton for the last 7 years and Hamilton wouldn’t be worth his salary.

Fortunately no one on this forum has the brain capacity of a single cell organism and realises this though.....right?!
Old 7 Dec 2020, 20:49 (Ref:4021454)   #270
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Basically, something interesting happens in F1 and again many fans prove that they can’t cope.

They can’t have things that are interesting and unexpected as it might not fit their tiny little minds preconceived ideas.

George got a great opportunity and did really well with it. The team messed up. There is nothing more to that.

Looking forward to seeing if Merc or someone else sees super potential in Russell that they go for him. And just generally how his career develops.

Looking forward to the next race.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 21:05 (Ref:4021456)   #271
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Basically, something interesting happens in F1 and again many fans prove that they can’t cope.

They can’t have things that are interesting and unexpected as it might not fit their tiny little minds preconceived ideas.

George got a great opportunity and did really well with it. The team messed up. There is nothing more to that.

Looking forward to seeing if Merc or someone else sees super potential in Russell that they go for him. And just generally how his career develops.

Looking forward to the next race.
This!

Ahhh I long for the days before social media! Could you imagine if Twitter was around in the days of schumacher, Prost, Senna, fangio

Really looking forward to the next one. It will be fascinating to see if Bottas can rebound and if George can repeat (let’s be honest, it’s unlikely Lewis will be back)
Old 7 Dec 2020, 21:36 (Ref:4021463)   #272
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I've avoided social media like the plague today.......
I avoid social media completely when it comes to motorsport.
Old 7 Dec 2020, 21:40 (Ref:4021464)   #273
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sensible......
Old 7 Dec 2020, 21:53 (Ref:4021468)   #274
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
I’m glad someone’s awake and gets my sense of humour Was bringing myself down to his level .....about 4ft 6 apparently
What sense of humour?......oh,you mean that Mini you drive
Old 7 Dec 2020, 22:07 (Ref:4021469)   #275
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Sensible.
I avoid social media completely. (full stop)