Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Dec 2019, 09:01 (Ref:3944911)   #376
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
Speedhunters? Ten years gone, yes, a lifetime ago............that was fun to do but they descended into fanboi and internet yogi level..........my face no longer fitted, pity as I enjoyed the work (and the money).

Thinking back to Spa '97 there was no love lost between the factory Porsche drivers and Gounon. Jean-Marc was held accountable by some of them for the accident that put Bob Wollek out of Le Mans a few weeks earlier.

Early on Sunday morning Bob, leading the race he wanted to win more than anything else, tried to lap Gounon's Gulf McLaren but was held up for three laps. Then coming out of Arnage he lost control and clouted the barriers heavily and was forced to retire. Later, Norbert Singer attributed the incident to be the result of a broken driveshaft but in the minds of some, Gounon was to blame. Some others thought Bob had lost his cool and messed up............
I have just pulled Wollek's biography off the shelves..............he blamed himself: "Le Roi des cons" is how Brilliant Bob described himself once he had returned to the Media Centre.............'97 was a hard year to be a factory Porsche driver as Mercedes and McLaren dominated the opening season of the FIA GT Championship, Porsche were nowhere.
Old 5 Dec 2019, 13:57 (Ref:3944973)   #377
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Sorry to be off topic still but I recall certain works McLaren drivers getting seriously teed off with another Frenchman that year too!
Old 6 Dec 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3945173)   #378
Samoan Attorney
Racer

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Sorry to be off topic still but I recall certain works McLaren drivers getting seriously teed off with another Frenchman that year too!
That has set me thinking..........must resist urge to spend afternoon reading books on the topic.......must resist.............
Old 9 Dec 2019, 23:44 (Ref:3945844)   #379
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoan Attorney View Post
That has set me thinking..........must resist urge to spend afternoon reading books on the topic.......must resist.............
There was some interestimg tv comments. Think the Frenchman tripped up at least one of the drivers of the same car a few times!
Old 16 Dec 2019, 13:17 (Ref:3946969)   #380
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Euan Hankey added to the Mclaren factory lineup, and Ollie Wilkinson added as a Mclaren Professional Driver, whatever that may be.

The fact that these two are announced together might suggest they will be in a 2020 programme together?

EDIT- I think both are great drivers and have had some races in Aston Martins. I will wait for Juntos to say how dreadfully unimpressed he is with these signings, and everything else..
Old 16 Dec 2019, 14:50 (Ref:3946979)   #381
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Euan Hankey added to the Mclaren factory lineup, and Ollie Wilkinson added as a Mclaren Professional Driver, whatever that may be.

The fact that these two are announced together might suggest they will be in a 2020 programme together?

EDIT- I think both are great drivers and have had some races in Aston Martins. I will wait for Juntos to say how dreadfully unimpressed he is with these signings, and everything else..