Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Dec 2017, 06:26 (Ref:3784483)   #101
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
750 MC have emailed today to indicate that their dates will be released next week......

Which may or may not be of any use
Yes please Richard. They may include some 'guest' grids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Another MGCC date is 28th/29th April at Brands (Indy circuit).
Thanks Brian.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3784492)   #102
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Same can be said for Brands Indy . . .an hour from home, easy access, open pit lane and the circuit has a bit of everything. I learned and progressed more in a morning with my car than I ever did in 10 years testing at Goodwood, although Goodwood teaches you how to built/set up a bullet proof engine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
It's a testing circuit and great for, err .... testing. Being a short lap it's good for an out lap, 4 or 5 full speed laps to test a tweak then a slow down lap that takes less than 10 minutes and can be replicated several times in a session - particularly good for experimenting with tyre pressures and shocker settings. Devil's Elbow can be a bit leary in the wet.

Also well situated in mid-country and not far from M1 and M69. Also great for spectating from the banking opposite the pits.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 22:49 (Ref:3784635)   #103
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCCheddaris View Post
The club listed on the 500 cc Formula 3 website for the June 10th meeting at Mallory Park is UKM who I can't say I've heard of .
Is that UK Motorsport? IE Richard Culverhouse's club? Just a guess on my part but he did run a meeting at Mallory last year, although I think it was under the auspices of 360MRC.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 06:02 (Ref:3784687)   #104
GCCheddaris
Veteran

England
Weymouth
GCCheddaris should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The 360 MRC connection makes sense as they ran the Classic and Modern meeting at Mallory in June last year ISTR .
Old 2 Dec 2017, 06:25 (Ref:3784689)   #105
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Is that UK Motorsport? IE Richard Culverhouse's club? Just a guess on my part but he did run a meeting at Mallory last year, although I think it was under the auspices of 360MRC.
Yes, U. K. Motorsport sounds logical. Well remembered Richard!
Old 3 Dec 2017, 06:28 (Ref:3784855)   #106
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would be nice if that Modern and Classic festival returned next year as its own meeting, would bump us up to possibly 6 mallory meetings. Last years despite being organised a bit last minute had some brilliant racing, especially the mini's last lap pass for the win in the best of British race.
Old 3 Dec 2017, 06:55 (Ref:3784856)   #107
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescaraproductions View Post
Would be nice if that Modern and Classic festival returned next year as its own meeting, would bump us up to possibly 6 mallory meetings. Last years despite being organised a bit last minute had some brilliant racing, especially the mini's last lap pass for the win in the best of British race.
Agreed. I raced in it and really enjoyed it, but the trouble was that Richard put it on himself and lost money on the event. I thought the grids were OK, but something like 15 cars across the day made the difference between a loss and breaking even. Just shows how difficult/ risky it is to put on club race meetings.
Old 4 Dec 2017, 06:23 (Ref:3785002)   #108
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by pescaraproductions View Post
Welcome, Pescara.

This release from Richard Culverhouse (U.K. Motorsport) received last night....

"Ok, so its been a while since my last Newsletter but I have been working hard in the background trying to piece together a exciting season for you next year. Working on the success of the ‘Classic and Modern’ Motorsport Festival at Mallory Park in June I can announce that it will be repeated in 2018, on Sunday June 10th.

In addition to Mallory I am organising a similar event at Snetterton (200) on Saturday September 22nd. A whole range of races with special emphasis on ‘classic’ and ‘modern’ cars, bikes and karts. Ideal for small groups of cars as well. I had hoped to also have a similar event at Cadwell on July 21st but unfortunately I lost the date. However I do have the possibility of having a day at Cadwell on Saturday August 25th (Bank Holiday) In addition, I am trying to get a weekend at Anglesey combined with a similar group.

For those of you who have ‘classic’ cars I have also managed to get an exclusive deal with the VSCC to run at their Oulton Park meeting on Saturday May 18th and Donington on June 24th. They have promised me a 20 minute race provided I can get a good grid. So guys, it’s up to you, if you want to race at these two VSCC events then please let me know so I can gauge the interest.

And finally I hope to have two races at Donington on Sunday July 15th. Races for both ‘Classic’ and ‘modern’ cars.

So the line up is:

Saturday May 12th – Oulton Park – Classic only
Sunday June 10th – Mallory Park - Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival
Sunday June 24th – Donington Park – Classic only
Sunday July 15th – Donington Park – Classic and modern races
Saturday August 25th – Cadwell Park - Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival
Saturday September 22nd – Snetterton - Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival
Plus possible weekend at Anglesey.

So please, let me know your thoughts on Oulton Park and Donington or anything other ideas you might have."
Old 4 Dec 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3785013)   #109
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
By looking at Equipe GTS calendar along with MGCC Cockshoot Cup (who have both released dates), I've come up with the following so far for MGCC 2018-

07 April, Silverstone National

28/29 April, Brands Hatch Indy

02/03 June, Silverstone GP (MG Live!)

14/15 July, Donington (Incl Equipe GTS 3hr relay)

01 Sep, Oulton Park

I would also expect them to be at Snetterton at the end of September for the BMH 4hr relay, and the fact that the Morgan Challenge is scheduled there on 29th suggests 29/30th. The MSCC are usually an invited grid....
Old 4 Dec 2017, 14:37 (Ref:3785051)   #110
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
By looking at Equipe GTS calendar along with MGCC Cockshoot Cup (who have both released dates), I've come up with the following so far for MGCC 2018-

01 Sep, Oulton Park

I would also expect them to be at Snetterton at the end of September for the BMH 4hr relay, and the fact that the Morgan Challenge is scheduled there on 29th suggests 29/30th. The MSCC are usually an invited grid....

15th July at Donington is meant to be a Morgan Sports Car Club meeting.....

According to the MGCC magazine from a couple of days ago, they are waiting for confirmation of the MGLive date before releasing their schedule.
Old 4 Dec 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3785057)   #111
pescaraproductions
Rookie

pescaraproductions should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Welcome, Pescara.

This release from Richard Culverhouse (U.K. Motorsport) received last night....

"Ok, so its been a while since my last Newsletter but I have been working hard in the background trying to piece together a exciting season for you next year. Working on the success of the ‘Classic and Modern’ Motorsport Festival at Mallory Park in June I can announce that it will be repeated in 2018, on Sunday June 10th.

In addition to Mallory I am organising a similar event at Snetterton (200) on Saturday September 22nd. A whole range of races with special emphasis on ‘classic’ and ‘modern’ cars, bikes and karts. Ideal for small groups of cars as well. I had hoped to also have a similar event at Cadwell on July 21st but unfortunately I lost the date. However I do have the possibility of having a day at Cadwell on Saturday August 25th (Bank Holiday) In addition, I am trying to get a weekend at Anglesey combined with a similar group.

For those of you who have ‘classic’ cars I have also managed to get an exclusive deal with the VSCC to run at their Oulton Park meeting on Saturday May 18th and Donington on June 24th. They have promised me a 20 minute race provided I can get a good grid. So guys, it’s up to you, if you want to race at these two VSCC events then please let me know so I can gauge the interest.

And finally I hope to have two races at Donington on Sunday July 15th. Races for both ‘Classic’ and ‘modern’ cars.

So the line up is:

Saturday May 12th – Oulton Park – Classic only
Sunday June 10th – Mallory Park - Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival
Sunday June 24th – Donington Park – Classic only
Sunday July 15th – Donington Park – Classic and modern races
Saturday August 25th – Cadwell Park - Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival
Saturday September 22nd – Snetterton - Classic and Modern Motorsport Festival
Plus possible weekend at Anglesey.

So please, let me know your thoughts on Oulton Park and Donington or anything other ideas you might have."
Thats brilliant to see it back i should really put up the footage i have of that meeting cos it was a major surprise that it was as good as it was, hopefully try and get it some exposure. Its nice to see folk from different clubs get together. I believe NSSCC arent going this year though.

2018 Northern sports and saloons championship calendar goes:

31/1st March/April - Oulton Park
21/22nd April - Croft
26/27th May - Snetterton
16/17th June - Knockhill
7/8th July - Cadwell Park
25th/26th August - Croft
8/9th September - Croft (TCR UK weekend)
Old 4 Dec 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3785078)   #112
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
15th July at Donington is meant to be a Morgan Sports Car Club meeting.....

According to the MGCC magazine from a couple of days ago, they are waiting for confirmation of the MGLive date before releasing their schedule.
Yes, I saw that- unless it's MGCC Sat and MSCC Sun......

It'll all come out in the wash!
Old 6 Dec 2017, 11:55 (Ref:3785409)   #113
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MGCC 2018 dates

From the MGCC's Marshals Volunteering form:

7th April Silverstone National
28/29th April Brands Hatch (Indy)
2nd/3rd June Silverstone (GP Circuit) MG Live with probably a Sprint on the Stowe Circuit
14th/15th July Donington Park
1st September Oulton Park
29th/30th September Snetterton 200

See you there?
Old 6 Dec 2017, 13:13 (Ref:3785416)   #114
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
That’s great, thanks for posting those!

It confirms the 2 day meeting at Snetterton on 29/30 September, which will (I assume) include the BHM Relay on Sunday..... and I’m not away for once!

It also appears that the Donington meeting on July 14/15 is in conjunction with the Morgan SCC, the latter running their Challenge races on the Sunday.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 17:22 (Ref:3785883)   #115
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
I’ve been going through the meetings to compile a list by circuit. No surprise that Silverstone is in the lead with 12 meetings (for Classic / Historic cars) so far, but nothing for Castle Combe or Anglesey- although UKM are possibly negotiating something at the latter. However, now listed on the Castle Combe website is the Autumn Classic Historic Racing Festival, scheduled for Saturday October 6th, but no indication of which series will be there....
Old 8 Dec 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3785884)   #116
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

01 Sep, Oulton Park

For completeness sake I'll also add in the 2018 calendar for the Equipe GTS and Equipe Pre '63 series

April 7th – Silverstone National. 40 minute pit stop race for 1 or 2 drivers

April 28th/29th – Brands Hatch Double Header. 2 x 30 minute sprint races and Saturday evening Paddock Party

May 12th – Oulton Park International circuit. 40 minute pit stop race for 1 or 2 drivers

June 2nd/3rd – Silverstone GP Circuit. 2 x 30 minute sprint races and Saturday Paddock Party

June 23rd – Brands Hatch. 40 minute pit stop race for 1 or 2 drivers

July 14th/15th – Donington. Saturday – Equipe 3 Hour Relay and Paddock Party. Sunday – 30 minute sprint race.

July 28th/29th – Zandvoort. 2 x 30 minute sprint races and Friday testing.

September 1st – Snetterton 300 circuit. 40 minute pit stop race for 1 or 2 drivers

October 6th – Silverstone finals. 40 minute pit stop race for 1 or 2 drivers

Glad to see a new series catering for pre-63 GTs. Unfortunately Carol's RAC TT race at Silverstone Classic has been the only other Pre-63 grid for the past couple of years (that I am aware of).
Old 8 Dec 2017, 18:43 (Ref:3785898)   #117
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
750MC calendar out now - including a Mallory meet.

http://www.750mc.co.uk/calendar.htm
Old 8 Dec 2017, 18:44 (Ref:3785899)   #118
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
For completeness sake I'll also add in the 2018 calendar for the Equipe GTS and Equipe Pre '63 series

Glad to see a new series catering for pre-63 GTs. Unfortunately Carol's RAC TT race at Silverstone Classic has been the only other Pre-63 grid for the past couple of years (that I am aware of).
Thanks Sam. Carol (Spagg) started her Pre ‘63 series several years ago, as an answer to those with earlier cars outclassed by 1965 machinery. It worked well, but of course with series success came owners spending more money on early Cobras and E Types....... All my opinion, of course!
Old 8 Dec 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3785903)   #119
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
....... However, now listed on the Castle Combe website is the Autumn Classic Historic Racing Festival, scheduled for Saturday October 6th, but no indication of which series will be there....
Mike, the VSCC have Castle Combe listed in their Newsletter dates for 6th Oct so presumably will have a race or two there.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3785914)   #120
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On the subject of Mallory meetings, it would seem that BARC have an additional meeting there on the 5th August. The only content I've seen so far is the new, modern MINI endurance series and, of more historic interest, Classic FF1600.
Old 8 Dec 2017, 19:30 (Ref:3785919)   #121
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thank you Richard and Gary. From memory 750MC meetings don’t all include historic content, so I’ll have to check through the list.....

VSCC at Combe for the October festival would make sense. GTSCC were there this year as well, but with their Algarve race being only 2 weeks later in 2018, I’m not sure if they will repeat......

BTW just checked and HMRN Pre ‘63 series kicked off with a race at Silverstone Classic in 2009. It grew into a series in 2010, and in those days something as lowly as my +4 was competitive!
Old 9 Dec 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3785971)   #122
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting development for next year....shame for us as we liked annoying the 911’s!
Attached Thumbnails
E5C32A03-C73F-4D47-BBC0-77B68B362E6A.jpeg  
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Dec 2017, 08:45 (Ref:3785978)   #123
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by 356sc View Post
Interesting development for next year....shame for us as we liked annoying the 911’s!
Mmm, wonder if some will attempt the 2hr 60s race and the 90 min 911 race!

So, the yet to be revealed 4th race will be in France as well (in 2018), if I am reading para 3 correctly. Goodwood or Silverstone Classic for 2019?

If you try and enter the 356, I'll get JE to try and enter the SLR....
Old 9 Dec 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3785979)   #124
356sc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Camberley
356sc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

If you try and enter the 356, I'll get JE to try and enter the SLR....
We had exactly the same idea!

I hope some do both events, as without the 911’s there won’t be much filling the midfield in the 60s endurance race.....cobras and e types up front, mgbs, smaller healeys mile behind.....SLR will have plenty of space!

Last edited by 356sc; 9 Dec 2017 at 09:09.
60s endurance 1965 356sc #49
Mag 7's #60
Old 9 Dec 2017, 10:36 (Ref:3785994)   #125
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
On the subject of Mallory meetings, it would seem that BARC have an additional meeting there on the 5th August. The only content I've seen so far is the new, modern MINI endurance series ....
Bless him, James Tucker is still trying but i think he may have missed the boat with this; the C1 Series has taken the market i think, even though the mini is quicker.