Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 4 Aug 2006, 17:54 (Ref:1673320)   #1
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
mark ch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New residents at Donington Park

You wish to know since the BTCC visited Donington an every increasing amount of "travellers" have set up residence there.

All I can say is, they must have soundproofing to their caravans
Old 4 Aug 2006, 18:49 (Ref:1673360)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Where is their main accommodation situated?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 19:31 (Ref:1673401)   #3
Alfatim
Rookie

Alfatim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you quite sure its not the Alfa racers getting ready for tomorrow?
Old 4 Aug 2006, 20:40 (Ref:1673471)   #4
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
I pass the site daily and def not racers, white transits galore, massive gas bottles, caravans/no race transporters, you get the picture. They are based at the road junction nr the donington exhibition.(coppice end of the circuit) (I haven't been up the road leading to the paddock entance)

Not saying they are doing anything wrong or make stereotyped comments (just wishing to make people aware, if you know what I mean) I'll try and post a picture tomorrow
Old 4 Aug 2006, 21:50 (Ref:1673551)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Thanks for the info, hopefully they will be moved away before I next visit, or I could hitch up my 1982 caravan to my 1993 Disco and join them
Old 4 Aug 2006, 22:03 (Ref:1673558)   #6
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
Thanks for the info, hopefully they will be moved away before I next visit, or I could hitch up my 1982 caravan to my 1993 Disco and join them
When is your next visit oop north? You could always park it in our street and totally screw up the new neighbours with 6 cars!
Old 4 Aug 2006, 22:10 (Ref:1673560)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila M
When is your next visit oop north? You could always park it in our street and totally screw up the new neighbours with 6 cars!
Not til September 17th so they should be gone by then, the pikeys that is, not your neighbours.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 09:27 (Ref:1673818)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
You watch, next thing they will be complaining to environmental health because of the noise and they will probably win!
Old 5 Aug 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1673877)   #9
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They "visited" last year as well - just before the MotoGP, I think. Only this year there are a lot more and they have been there about 10 days, to date. I hope that the police have checked all their vehicles for in date tax discs, insurance and MoTs and the the Inland Revenue have checked their tax returns.

The villages around Castle Donington have had this problem for several years - my sister in law was threrated by one of their dogs on a recent run near the A50.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:53 (Ref:1674119)   #10
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
The Police will do Jack **** if they are anything like the Herts constabulary, they are basically scared of them and will not go in without SO10 armed reponse units. I am afraid this is a section of society that is simply beyond the law and its much easier and more profitable for the police to set up a speed trap, whole thing stinks. They absolutely desimated the grounds of Harrow Rugby Club a few years ago, the filth and depravity and wanton wrecking of club equipment and pitches was heartbreaking and caused the club to close for many many months and the police did... nothing.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 5 Aug 2006 at 14:44.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 13:56 (Ref:1674122)   #11
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was trouble when they were parked near the helicopter space by the paddock approach road earlier in the year - police moved them on one saturday night of a race meeting (June BRSCC meeting?) after an 'incident' with circuit security.
Old 5 Aug 2006, 19:05 (Ref:1674315)   #12
mark ch
Racer

United Kingdom
Shepshed
Drove by 0745 this AM... Mass exodus overnight only six caravans left... Came back that way 1600ish they've all gone... Seems as quick as they appeared they disappear..

Can a mod close this thread now...
Old 12 Aug 2006, 18:11 (Ref:1680752)   #13
Alex Hodgkinson
Veteran

England
Derby
Alex Hodgkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Leaving Donington Park today at 6PM it looks like the unwanted residents have returned guys..
Old 12 Aug 2006, 18:19 (Ref:1680753)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Wonderful, maybe they will have caravan racing there tomorrow:-)
Old 12 Aug 2006, 18:34 (Ref:1680757)   #15
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Why return as soon as they have left?! We have this problem here (Wiltshire) and they turn up all over this area. Due to various circumstances recently, some of them have lived up to their stereotypes but amazingly, they police have responded and some have been arrested.

Never understood that way of living myself....
Old 12 Aug 2006, 19:18 (Ref:1680776)   #16
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
well as long as they dont get a petition together to close down the circuit cos of the noise! funny weve never had this problem down at santa pod....either the cars are rattling the living cr4p out of them or the bloody crows are making too much noise!
Old 13 Aug 2006, 16:18 (Ref:1681322)   #17
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze
Why return as soon as they have left?! We have this problem here (Wiltshire) and they turn up all over this area. Due to various circumstances recently, some of them have lived up to their stereotypes but amazingly, they police have responded and some have been arrested.

Never understood that way of living myself....
I don't pretend to be an expert but i think that if they move off and then return a few days later any legal action has to start again from the new start date - this often takes 3 weeks or so.
Old 13 Aug 2006, 16:54 (Ref:1681334)   #18
Suze
Veteran

England
Suze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuze should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you're right there Andy. It obviously is worth the hassle for them to move off and then return!
Old 13 Aug 2006, 20:37 (Ref:1681499)   #19
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Its no hassle for them just everyone else.
Old 13 Aug 2006, 21:14 (Ref:1681560)   #20
Suze
Veteran

England
That's true, was just thinking about them having to pack up and move on. But if that's the life they want to lead....doesn't really help their stereotypes though, does it? Causes trouble.
Old 14 Aug 2006, 09:47 (Ref:1681946)   #21
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Packing up is no doubt quicker than having to clean up after themselves suze and I assure you they always but always leave that to someone else. Conservationists they aint!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 10:03 (Ref:1681963)   #22
Suze
Veteran

England
Yes, maybe I'm just lazy as I couldn't be bothered with the hassle!
Old 14 Aug 2006, 11:48 (Ref:1682068)   #23
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Round here the problem was not solved until a farmer had an accident with a slurry spreader. Job done.

Perhaps a nice large Chinook might need to use the pad (or a Harrier; remember Brands Hatch)!

Regards

Jim