Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 3 Jun 2004, 21:15 (Ref:993227)   #51
Sheila M
Veteran

England
Burton-Upon-Trent
Sheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSheila M should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oddly enough, I was watching a programme last night about Ferrari and Maserati racing and who should win the race but Peter Hardman!
Old 18 Jul 2006, 03:49 (Ref:1658783)   #52
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Now that Marcus Marshall is well known, i should add him to my list. We raced together in Club Cars, I had a Datsun 1600 and he had a Mazda RX4.
Old 19 Jul 2006, 11:09 (Ref:1659882)   #53
rcarr
Veteran

Germany
Back to the homeland of Scotland!
rcarr has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
My Dad raced against Stirling Moss once in the mid 80s. Sir Stirling was driving a Elva BMW against all the Scottish Clubmans.

I've driven against Nathan Kinch, he isnt that famous, just has a rich dad to foot the bill!

I signed Allan McNish to drive our Citroen 2cv at Mondello 24hrs! Phone up 4 months before the race said he had another offer! Roock Racing Porsche 911GT1 at Le Mans! The next year he won the race with the factory Porsche!!!
Old 20 Jul 2006, 03:03 (Ref:1660460)   #54
Slippy Diff
Veteran

New Zealand
UnZud
Slippy Diff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's Whizzo Williams behind me....

Old 21 Jul 2006, 20:33 (Ref:1661728)   #55
R59
Veteran

Heard and McDonald Islands
Bedfordshire
R59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR59 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't believe you!! It's not sideways enough!!!!

Then again, looking more closely, it does look like he's got a drift on.

People I've worked with, and wish to name drop:

Whizzo (of course).
And many others who have the talent to go all the way to the top. Including Adam Carroll, Danny Watts, Tim Mullen, among others and past masters.

I once raced in a charity kart race pre-British GP and the superstar opposition included the likes of Dan Weldon, Lewis Hamilton, and Darren Turner. Needless to day, I got blitzed as I'm no kart racer, I've been doing saloons for far too long, but it was fun.

Rob
Old 21 Jul 2006, 21:12 (Ref:1661755)   #56
alf
Racer

alf has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
raced and beat Richard Dean in a kart race
raced Louis Goodman and John Walton, (R.I.P.) beat them
raced Johnny Herbert, .... didn't beat him! or anything like it.
raced Julian Rouse.... er hes Andy Rouses son who do you think had the best car/ skill /looks ( the swine)lol

have been ontrack withThomas Shecketer in a FVJ I think, but the best thing ever was being out on track in my old Hawk DL19 ff1600 when a 90's Arrows flew past at full chat at Oulton....
the noise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wooooooaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh
Old 22 Jul 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1662333)   #57
archaic gold
Veteran

England
Medway
archaic gold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On a BRDC Training Day, I was lucky (?) to be driven 4 laps around the GP Circuit at Silverstone by David Leslie in company with Alain Menu, Will Hoy and, sorry, one other BTCC driver. Going down Hangar Straight from the passenger seat, the car alongside had its right mirror tucked in behind ours, and I could only see the rear window of the car in front. David stated that he was 1 inch off that cars rear bumper!!!
Old 26 Jul 2006, 04:00 (Ref:1664645)   #58
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've driven Michel Jourdain Jr around the Gold Coast Champcar circuit for a couple of laps, in an FIV.
Old 28 Jul 2006, 21:02 (Ref:1666843)   #59
COLIN STUBBS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Louth.Thats the one near Cadwell
COLIN STUBBS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
standing on charlies grandstand [long gone] at cadwell on a bitterly cold day with a very young david coulthard and possibly his dad. i remember how intently he was studdying a race before he went out. had the pleasure of doing some work for calum lockie yesterday. a real gent!!