Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 Jul 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4063477)   #1301
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Screenprint is not possible, I took a picture with another phone and scanned that picture with the TAC app,I also printed the foto I took and will bring the print with me. It looks like this TAC app is the scan tool to be used at the gate, it does not generate a QRcode (please correct me if I'm wrong).Best thing for me is, my Dutch QR code can be read at the gate.
Oké, I made a mistake and downloaded the wrong app named 'TAC verif'
I downloaded another app called 'TousAntiCovid government' and that is the one you need. It can scan my Dutch QR code and proceses the French QR code. Simple.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 21:51 (Ref:4063483)   #1302
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
OK, thank you for the tip. Will use it for my trip to Italy next week when I pass through France.

(Off Topic: does anybody know if a similar app exists for Italy?)
Old 27 Jul 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4063490)   #1303
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it’s called immuni, but if you’re vaccinated i’d be wary of enabling contact tracing apps at this point in the whole thing. not sure how useful it is versus the french app either, but ymmv on that one with an eu vaccination passport!
Old 28 Jul 2021, 07:34 (Ref:4063519)   #1304
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it’s called immuni, but if you’re vaccinated i’d be wary of enabling contact tracing apps at this point in the whole thing. not sure how useful it is versus the french app either, but ymmv on that one with an eu vaccination passport!
Exactly my thought, the French app contains a tracking mode and registers if you have been close to someone tested positive. I will only activatie it for circuit entrance if needed.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 07:47 (Ref:4063527)   #1305
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
OK, as my belgian QR code should be readable by the French and Italian authorities, I'll stay away from the Big Brother apps. (I already have enough of those )
Old 28 Jul 2021, 07:55 (Ref:4063533)   #1306
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good news for Brits, as from 16 August double jabbers won't be forced to self isolate or quarantine on return from Europe or the USA.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 08:56 (Ref:4063543)   #1307
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Good news for Brits, as from 16 August double jabbers won't be forced to self isolate or quarantine on return from Europe or the USA.
No official announcements yet I don't think....
Also, I think the EU and US news relates to those jabbed outside the UK, it's only travelers from France that have to quarantine at the moment the rest of the EU is on standard Amber which means no quarantine.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4063551)   #1308
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
T'was in the Telegraph this am.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 10:28 (Ref:4063563)   #1309
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
T'was in the Telegraph this am.
Cabinet meeting about it isn't due to take place till today!
I'm not saying they are wrong, just that it's not official yet.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 10:29 (Ref:4063564)   #1310
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Got to get that poll lead back.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 11:44 (Ref:4063577)   #1311
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Currently, the forecasts of the Institut Paster are pessimistic for the end of August in France…
Old 28 Jul 2021, 14:41 (Ref:4063605)   #1312
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
they’ve confirmed the amber plus rule is set to stay in france. ridiculous and totally unnecessary at this point. it’s reviewed every 3 weeks, right? which takes us seriously close to le mans…
Old 28 Jul 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4063612)   #1313
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Work in progress...

Old 28 Jul 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4063615)   #1314
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
All set, it will be a splash and dash, saturday in, sunday out.
Everything is different this year, fingers crossed it will actually happen.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 15:51 (Ref:4063618)   #1315
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
No reason to assume at this stage that it won’t go ahead as planned with spectators. Plenty of reasons to look forward to this event
Old 28 Jul 2021, 15:59 (Ref:4063620)   #1316
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
Quote:
they’ve confirmed the amber plus rule is set to stay in france. ridiculous and totally unnecessary at this point. it’s reviewed every 3 weeks, right? which takes us seriously close to le mans…
Officially the review takes place next week, so fingers crossed....
Old 28 Jul 2021, 16:26 (Ref:4063626)   #1317
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
If what the majority of the media are predicting is correct, Spain (and maybe Greece) will replace France on amber plus list. The update is normally on a Thursday, so 5th August, with the next one scheduled for the Thursday after Le Mans, which could work out very nicely for Brits hoping to attend.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 17:19 (Ref:4063639)   #1318
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Officially the review takes place next week, so fingers crossed....
hope so. the govt did confirm in their press release today about the us/eu changes that things were staying the same regarding france without mention of timeframes.

it’d be weird to change from amber plus in some ways because in tourist areas cases are increasing significantly. the r number is over 2 round here at the moment, and nobody is wearing a mask in outdoor oublic places like they’re supposed to.
Old 28 Jul 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4063641)   #1319
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Went to the cinéma this afternoon with my half (and a half!) we had to show our QR codes, in the queue I was the only one to show my ID together with the smartphone.
Some minor changes happened on 14th of July, about international travels, esp when traveling with pets (UK and US at least).

I've the bad feeling that this amber list is compiled from political and economical reasons though…
Old 28 Jul 2021, 17:36 (Ref:4063643)   #1320
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Last update so far was this one: https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/co...virus-covid-19
Old 28 Jul 2021, 18:04 (Ref:4063645)   #1321
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
No reason to assume at this stage that it won’t go ahead as planned with spectators. Plenty of reasons to look forward to this event
I have no doubt the event will happen, my only concern is our own government and the rules for returning back home. If nothing changes ?????? it looks good.
Old 29 Jul 2021, 11:14 (Ref:4063734)   #1322
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Sadly for British fans, your government confirms quarantine is compulsory after a journey in France…
Old 29 Jul 2021, 11:31 (Ref:4063740)   #1323
GregUK
Racer

GregUK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Sadly for British fans, your government confirms quarantine is compulsory after a journey in France…
Yes, negative Covid test to return to UK plus 10 days self-isolation plus PCR Covid testing on Day 2 and Day 8

It's possible that that could change next week, but don't hold your breath!
Old 29 Jul 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4063762)   #1324
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregUK View Post
Yes, negative Covid test to return to UK plus 10 days self-isolation plus PCR Covid testing on Day 2 and Day 8

It's possible that that could change next week, but don't hold your breath!
I feel a kind of bad faith in those decisions… probably political influence and geopolitical issues between two great powers
I think a common ground will be found shortly
Old 29 Jul 2021, 13:46 (Ref:4063766)   #1325
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
I feel a kind of bad faith in those decisions… probably political influence and geopolitical issues between two great powers
I think a common ground will be found shortly
Things were once much easier, between england and france, quick war and winner takes the prize, although one war did take 100 years to reach a conclusion so don't hold your breath