Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4067232)   #1526
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Thank you Andrew, and let's hope net year you will be down there to greet me.
I bloody well hope so Simon. I can't take another year away.....
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:18 (Ref:4067239)   #1527
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I bloody well hope so Simon. I can't take another year away.....
There is still time Andrew, catch the train tomorrow with Dave and you can enjoy the race plus vince's legendary friday meal, plus the luxury of camping
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:21 (Ref:4067241)   #1528
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, not a possibility sadly. I've made my bed so I'll have to lie in it.... (which of course I shall, but not during the race!).
Old 17 Aug 2021, 14:25 (Ref:4067245)   #1529
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I will make my bed in the morning, or to be precise i will unfold it then put pillow and sleeping bag on it.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4067669)   #1530
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well all packed and ready to go, but not leaving for 3 hours so perhaps a little early.
One can never be too early - especially when it comes to Le Mans- I'm sure you had a few last minute items to add to the pile!

Enjoy!!!
Old 19 Aug 2021, 18:43 (Ref:4067871)   #1531
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yeees, enjoy and keep safe.
Old 19 Aug 2021, 18:48 (Ref:4067873)   #1532
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Beginning to regret my decision to stay at home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Aug 2021, 18:51 (Ref:4067874)   #1533
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Beginning….? I’ve felt like that for a week…..
Old 19 Aug 2021, 18:52 (Ref:4067876)   #1534
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Beginning….? I’ve felt like that for a week…..

I still have to work so get distracted more easily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 19 Aug 2021, 19:00 (Ref:4067881)   #1535
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thankfully I no longer have that distraction…..
Old 19 Aug 2021, 20:24 (Ref:4067933)   #1536
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I actually felt like I was tearing up watching the start of free practice 4, I know it's not the same there, but I miss it!
Old 19 Aug 2021, 20:28 (Ref:4067934)   #1537
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Strangely it’s not been the on track action that’s got to me, it was seeing James and Tony setting off on the ferry from Pompey and their arrival at our ‘second home’ in Le Mans….. When you see things like that that mean so much, you really do doubt your sanity in deciding to staying at home….
Old 19 Aug 2021, 20:31 (Ref:4067936)   #1538
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Strangely it’s not been the on track action that’s got to me, it was seeing James and Tony setting off on the ferry from Pompey and their arrival at our ‘second home’ in Le Mans….. When you see things like that that mean so much, you really do doubt your sanity in deciding to staying at home….
I know what you mean. I just got a picture from dad of them enjoying themselves that set me off.

I mean, I'm truly enjoying my week off anyway. Gardening and boarding the loft is just the same as being trackside right?
Old 19 Aug 2021, 20:38 (Ref:4067939)   #1539
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh of course Helen….I’ve just spent two days emptying our loft. So much more exciting than being in France…..
Old 20 Aug 2021, 18:53 (Ref:4068119)   #1540
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
So frustrating.
I'm no more than 2 and a half hours from the circuit, but I'm still under post-surgical care.
A nurse changes my dressings every morning and Sunday is the day my staples are removed ........
Five hours drive on Saturday would be frowned on, and rightly so.

Here's to LM 2022
Old 20 Aug 2021, 19:10 (Ref:4068123)   #1541
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, you have a solid reason to be recuperating at home Christopher. I'll expect to see you in 2022!
Old 20 Aug 2021, 19:51 (Ref:4068130)   #1542
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I feel general atmosphere is pretty from Thursday : it's almost the usual atmosphere, with flags in campsites, crowd along fences, smell of grass and pine, beer bars, voice of Bruno Vandestick in loud speakers, red breaks in the night...Village, boutiques... Thursday, i said : "Le Mans is Back !"

There are a lot of Danish, NL and germans, but We miss the Brits

Next LM is already in 9 months, 11 and 12 june 2022. I am not very optimistic for next year : scientists say there will be no collective immunity despite vaccines. So, in France, i fear constraint remain same as long as the pandemic is not practically extinguished : that is, probably, not before several years
Old 20 Aug 2021, 20:32 (Ref:4068134)   #1543
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah the grandstands were full last night for qualifying and a nice atmosphere. Okay today it’s a shame there’s nothing for the fans but completely understandable. You can make a big list of everything that it’s not possible to do this year but ultimately the race is the race and when the cars are on track these things become irrelevant.
Old 20 Aug 2021, 20:35 (Ref:4068135)   #1544
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
I feel general atmosphere is pretty from Thursday : it's almost the usual atmosphere, with flags in campsites, crowd along fences, smell of grass and pine, beer bars, voice of Bruno Vandestick in loud speakers, red breaks in the night...Village, boutiques... Thursday, i said : "Le Mans is Back !"

There are a lot of Danish, NL and germans, but We miss the Brits

Next LM is already in 9 months, 11 and 12 june 2022. I am not very optimistic for next year : scientists say there will be no collective immunity despite vaccines. So, in France, i fear constraint remain same as long as the pandemic is not practically extinguished : that is, probably, not before several years
The first part is good to hear, hopefully everyone outside and getting to enjoy.

Sadly details from places vaccinated and not so make future predictions near impossible, even Israel is seeing not good things. But it's 9 months so things could change and hopefully will
Old 22 Aug 2021, 17:14 (Ref:4069838)   #1545
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it's too early to make any predictions as to what 2022 will look like. Hopefully the uncertainty around tests and vaccine proof will be clearer so that more of us can make plans to attend.

It is just not the same watching from home (even if you can actually follow the race better).
Old 22 Aug 2021, 17:28 (Ref:4069841)   #1546
9203RW
Rookie

9203RW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The on-site security arrangements worked well, but whether they could cope with anything like a normal sized crowd, rather than the 50,000 apparently allowed this year remains to be seen. The queues for bag checks, which have been in place for several years, moved more slowly than the covid pass checks. Relatively sparsely crowfs on the pits straight terraces seemed odd, with various access controls in place. Overall, though, credit to the ACO and the other authorities for making it happen. The biggest drawback was RLM not being available on FM!
Old 22 Aug 2021, 20:51 (Ref:4069864)   #1547
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Did you listen on line to RLM? Was there enough bandwidth with only 50k people?
Old 23 Aug 2021, 05:20 (Ref:4069901)   #1548
9203RW
Rookie

9203RW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Did you listen on line to RLM? Was there enough bandwidth with only 50k people?
No, I couldn't connect to the circuit wifi - whether that was my incompetence, my antiquated 'phone or a weak wifi signal, I'm not sure. So, had to rely on the odd snippet of PA commentary and the Le Mans app, which was accessible via 4G.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 10:13 (Ref:4069953)   #1549
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Being one of those who wears radio headphones for much of the event, it must have been a struggle to keep up to date with no FM signal, particularly out the back of the circuit at Arnage/Indianapolis and Mulsanne.
Old 23 Aug 2021, 15:40 (Ref:4070018)   #1550
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The lack of RLM was a real pain, but some of the others managed to connect their headphones to the internet via phones. But often the link went down.