Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:10 (Ref:3945675)   #1751
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can we keep it to Crmalcolm list please?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:14 (Ref:3945676)   #1752
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Jordan will be staying (not as an official spoken word though)
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:16 (Ref:3945677)   #1753
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S700UBO View Post
Can we keep it to Crmalcolm list please?
Yes! We already said that several times porsche962fan...
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:20 (Ref:3945678)   #1754
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm having a thinking out loud moment today but...

The Rurotech Civic AJ won the title in, did it have GPR bits or TOCA bits? I know the shell is back in the Jordan Racing Team possession with the initial intention of being restored but if they picked up a sponsor, maybe they could run it one last time? The FK2 is obviously a quick car still with the right engineering.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3945680)   #1755
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johno.UK View Post
Why are there two lists taking up 3/4's of my screen rather than just one? Is this a willy measuring contest that I've missed?
his is much longer and filled with useless detail and rumors from unicorn land

my is short and straight to the point
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:43 (Ref:3945685)   #1756
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
Just as well it's in the news and rumours thread then.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 10:48 (Ref:3945686)   #1757
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
I'm having a thinking out loud moment today but...

The Rurotech Civic AJ won the title in, did it have GPR bits or TOCA bits? I know the shell is back in the Jordan Racing Team possession with the initial intention of being restored but if they picked up a sponsor, maybe they could run it one last time? The FK2 is obviously a quick car still with the right engineering.
It had GPRM bits when he had it originally but was converted to RML bits when Jeff had it.

It’s also the car which was demolished at Croft in 2017 and was beyond economical repair so it’s unlikely to be used competitively again.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 11:22 (Ref:3945689)   #1758
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

my is short and straight to the point
but is that not the idea of this thread? it also includes the actual confirmation too
Old 9 Dec 2019, 11:45 (Ref:3945692)   #1759
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Story here states that Rory Butcher will be concentrating on the overall title in 2020, and we already know he is not driving an AmD Civic, so where does that leave him?

'More focused on the overall title than Indie pre-eminence this year, his ambition will now be to emulate his brotherin-law, three-time BTCC champion Gordon Shedden.'

Likely options IMO (if realistic about title shot) would be BTC, WSR with less likely chance of the title at Excelr8 or Motorbase?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3945694)   #1760
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Story here states that Rory Butcher will be concentrating on the overall title in 2020, and we already know he is not driving an AmD Civic, so where does that leave him?

'More focused on the overall title than Indie pre-eminence this year, his ambition will now be to emulate his brotherin-law, three-time BTCC champion Gordon Shedden.'

Likely options IMO (if realistic about title shot) would be BTC, WSR with less likely chance of the title at Excelr8 or Motorbase?
Based on what I've heard, he'll definitely have a new motor for next year which will focus him on the overall title.

Last edited by Pickles; 9 Dec 2019 at 12:03.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:06 (Ref:3945696)   #1761
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Based on what I've heard, he'll definitely have a new motor for next year which will focus him on the overall title.
Will that be a new Motor to Base his Focus with?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3945697)   #1762
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Will that be a new Motor to Base his Focus with?
A brand new one allegedly
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:11 (Ref:3945698)   #1763
C12TLN
Rookie

C12TLN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shaun Hollamby confirms during the TPC documentary (well worth a watch) that the deal is for AMD to run the Audi’s for TPC for two years, I’d take that as the Audis being confirmed as back for 2020.

Documentary is available on YouTube - https://youtu.be/ZNxAHBNXmLE
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:12 (Ref:3945699)   #1764
C12TLN
Rookie

C12TLN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shaun Hollamby confirms during the TPC documentary that the deal is for AMD to run the Audi’s for TPC for two years, I’d take that as the Audis being confirmed as back for 2020.

Documentary is here - https://youtu.be/ZNxAHBNXmLE
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3945700)   #1765
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Which seems to confirm Motorbase having found another title sponsor, so thankfully it doesn't look like a repeat of 2015. As long as they're not white...
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:17 (Ref:3945701)   #1766
Pickles
Veteran

Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:20 (Ref:3945703)   #1767
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Would that mean dropping the RS, and going back to the ST moniker?

If Motorbase are going to switch to the 4th Gen, then it might indicate a stronger chance of a title challenge.
How much transfer from the outgoing model could they take though, or will it be a while to get up to speed?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:21 (Ref:3945704)   #1768
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
with less likely chance of the title at Excelr8?
Exeler8, unfortunately, I don't think will make much progress until the second half of the season, if they retain Smith & Osborne. Which is a shame, because it's a great team and a really excellent looking car, but they need to get someone with lots of NGTC experience behind the wheel to develop it. Chilton would be a good fit, though looks to be at BTC. Ollie Jackson may be another candidate if Butcher and Shedden fill up the Motorbase seats.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:26 (Ref:3945707)   #1769
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Which seems to confirm Motorbase having found another title sponsor, so thankfully it doesn't look like a repeat of 2015. As long as they're not white...
I'm now in the same boat as others have been in the past.
I've heard a rumour from a source that I am unable to divulge, that the Motorbase entry for 2020 will be under the title sponsor of Vodafone, with Butcher as one of their drivers.

(I'll put it in the words marked, ready to go false words later)
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:39 (Ref:3945708)   #1770
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
I'm now in the same boat as others have been in the past.
I've heard a rumour from a source that I am unable to divulge, that the Motorbase entry for 2020 will be under the title sponsor of Vodafone, with Butcher as one of their drivers.

(I'll put it in the words marked, ready to go false words later)
That'd be great if true, as it's a pretty major brand. Hopefully red Fords then!
Old 9 Dec 2019, 12:48 (Ref:3945709)   #1771
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
HOw iNteresting, Do you know what it is At all?
Old 9 Dec 2019, 13:18 (Ref:3945711)   #1772
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ollie Jackson may be another candidate if Butcher and Shedden fill up the Motorbase seats.
There are 3 seats to fill at Motorbase, not just two.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3945716)   #1773
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Butcher and Shedden (plus somebody else) in a brand new Focus in Vodafone colours? Sounds too beautiful to be realistic!
Old 9 Dec 2019, 13:29 (Ref:3945717)   #1774
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
There are 3 seats to fill at Motorbase, not just two.
Yeah I know. Could be competition for that 3rd seat though, I'm sure there are more tempting prospects than Jackson. I would expect him to stay, however.
Old 9 Dec 2019, 13:54 (Ref:3945719)   #1775
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah I know. Could be competition for that 3rd seat though, I'm sure there are more tempting prospects than Jackson. I would expect him to stay, however.
I expect Jackson to stay on alongside the Scottish duo, there were negotiations going on with other drivers but a bit like the sponsorship it's all very nearly completed. One driver for definite