Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 29 Sep 2001, 23:37 (Ref:153488)   #1
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Goodnight Fiestas

It was with a heavy heart that I left Silverstone after watching the last Fiesta race in it's current format.
As per usual the race was full of incident with Padley being hit up the rear and into retirement giving Turkington the championship. It was a pitty it was run in the dark and that Lorraine Claydon was told to stand down due to being off the pace (first race!) and the championship was undecided - not on!! Everyone has to start somewhere and if not in Fiestas - where?
I am glad to say that a lot of the leading boys (and girl) are looking to Clios for next year.
Old 29 Sep 2001, 23:59 (Ref:153491)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Incident ? oooops... must have blinked there... I was expecting carnage, what with it being their last race, especially when they rolled out to 'Mouldy Old Dough' on the PA! The Porsches and TVRs were much better...
Old 30 Sep 2001, 10:59 (Ref:153621)   #3
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You presumably were not at Becketts were carnage reined on the first lap and then it was slippy slidey every lap!

Felt sorry for Nick Padley - one very short Fiesta and Lorraine Claydon - not allowed to race as she might have interfered with the championship - what a load of ****
Old 30 Sep 2001, 17:18 (Ref:153799)   #4
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

sad that they made her "step down" because she might have "effected" the championship.

Correct me if im wrong.....but i thourght and last time i checked, that was the point of racing having the unpredictable happen. Thats what make championships interesting!
Old 30 Sep 2001, 22:07 (Ref:153949)   #5
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
on a slightly more aesthetic note, it was eerily beautiful. i was stood up on the bit where the mg hospitality was at the touring cars at brigde, and it was just incredible to watch, what with the sunset and all.

shame the series had to go
Old 1 Oct 2001, 18:57 (Ref:154408)   #6
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe

Paul was telling on the way home on sunday that you stood watching fiesta's in the sunset.

I bet it was beautiful.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 20:59 (Ref:154507)   #7
Paul Rayner
Veteran

Paul Rayner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really was. In the morning, with a bit of a hangover, in the pouring rain, (which was still nothing in comparison with Knockhill), I honestly wanted to go home, and couldn't remember why I love motorsports. But in the dusk for Minis and early dark for Fiestas it looked really great, and it all came back to me. Damn, why are there no more night races? I guess I'll just have to camp a lot at Oulton next year, now that place looks fantastic at night!

Last edited by Paul Rayner; 1 Oct 2001 at 21:07.
Old 1 Oct 2001, 22:34 (Ref:154570)   #8
Chris Y
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
It's quite simple to recreate that sort of atmosphere again..

Come along to Snetterton on the 14th of October.. It won't be night racing, but there will be Minis there..

Then, wear some really heavy duty sunglasses, and I'll try and persuade all the Mini drivers to turn their headlights on.. Instant night race

Sorted.
Old 2 Oct 2001, 10:42 (Ref:154708)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
lol! well played chris, sounds like a good idea

but fiestas and minis at sundown. that'll stick in the old brain for a while...
Old 2 Oct 2001, 17:23 (Ref:154869)   #10
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Y
It's quite simple to recreate that sort of atmosphere again..

Then, wear some really heavy duty sunglasses, and I'll try and persuade all the Mini drivers to turn their headlights on.. Instant night race
For the full effect remember to tell some of the Mini drivers to leave their lights switched OFF.

Last edited by redshoes; 2 Oct 2001 at 17:24.
Old 2 Oct 2001, 19:50 (Ref:154944)   #11
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe

LOL, nice idea chris!

Now as we won't be having any night races next year thats what we will have to do at racing meetings.

Maybe you could write a book "how to recreate your own night race"