Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 18 Oct 2021, 17:51 (Ref:4079016)   #326
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Also they've gone for the "everything on the touchscreen" approach. Give me buttons/dials for stuff I need to use whilst in motion - I can use them without looking. I don't want the heating/air con on the touchscreen thanks.

And of course there's the awful new BMW front end treatment
Old 5 Nov 2021, 07:28 (Ref:4081583)   #327
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Toyota Aygo X

So it's marketed as a 'baby SUV'. It's a ragtop. But the only real place for it seems to be in the Small Cars thread I feel.

'Riding on a shortened version of Toyota’s new GA-B platform, as used by the Yaris and Yaris Cross, the Aygo X is 325mm longer than its predecessor, at 3700mm, and the wheelbase is 90mm longer, affording more interior space all round and 60 litres of additional boot space.

Meanwhile, a 125mm increase in width to 1740mm allows for 20mm more space between the front seats to improve shoulder room and a front overhang 72mm shorter than that of the Yaris will making for easy parking.

There is only one engine on offer: a non-electrified 1.0-litre three-cylinder petrol unit producing 71bhp and 69lb ft. It is paired with either a five-speed manual or CVT automatic gearbox and is capable of up to 60mpg while emitting just 107g/km of CO2.'
Old 5 Nov 2021, 15:11 (Ref:4081639)   #328
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
CIvilian version:

I like it!
Old 5 Nov 2021, 18:32 (Ref:4081670)   #329
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 5 Nov 2021, 18:37 (Ref:4081672)   #330
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I am liking these new hatchbacks, definitely a nice new look with the Toyota
Old 25 Nov 2021, 08:01 (Ref:4085397)   #331
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2022 Kia Niro

'Kia has confirmed that the new arrival, like the current car, will be offered with hybrid, plug-in hybrid and pure-electric powertrains, although the Mk2 e-Niro will remain separate from the firm’s line of ‘EV’-badged bespoke electric cars and will not use the E-GMP platform reserved for those models.'
'The 1.6-litre petrol engine currently used in combustion-powered Niro variants is also likely to be carried over but is unlikely to be boosted to give the same 261bhp combined output as the new Sportage PHEV. '
Old 25 Nov 2021, 11:50 (Ref:4085409)   #332
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
It's rather overdesigned.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 09:31 (Ref:4086112)   #333
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
What's the rear quarter design all about? Why's that a different colour to the rest of the body? Weird - as mentioned above it seems to be just a bit of design for the sake of it.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 15:03 (Ref:4086147)   #334
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
What's the rear quarter design all about? Why's that a different colour to the rest of the body? Weird - as mentioned above it seems to be just a bit of design for the sake of it.
I suppose in a world of increasingly bland and similar 3/4/5 door electric boxes from the multi-brand manufacturers , it's going to be the style tweeks that differentiate.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4086152)   #335
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
The 2019 HabaNiro concept showed us glimpses of this direction in styling. I guess the feedback indicated a positive reception to the contrasting panel(s)?
Old 1 Dec 2021, 17:08 (Ref:4086172)   #336
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Opel/Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer

4.64 m long

It's a bold move to keep making station wagons.
Old 1 Dec 2021, 17:22 (Ref:4086176)   #337
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Opel/Vauxhall Astra Sports Tourer

It's a bold move to keep making station wagons.

They are still quite popular in the UK, and nowadays most UK police forces use them extensively for their road policing fleets, Most popular for them, it seems, are BMW Tourers and the hot versions of the Tourers from Skoda especially for their dog patrol vehicles. Also seen some from Ford as well as Volvo.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 20:43 (Ref:4088002)   #338
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Mazda 2 Hybrid

Yes it's just a re-badged Toyota Yaris.
Old 9 Dec 2021, 20:49 (Ref:4088007)   #339
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Figured it had to be something they bought, and they were so against the weight of hybrids for so long. But sounds like they are deep in save the business mode now and small hybrid car could help with little R&D costs
Old 22 Jun 2022, 14:58 (Ref:4116641)   #340
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Peugeot 408

4.69 m long, 1.48 m high

130 hp gasoline engine
180-225 hp plugin hybrid gasoline engine

Old 23 Jun 2022, 06:42 (Ref:4116686)   #341
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Pug 408 looks not unlike the Renault Arkana, which is also a nicely styled motorcar.
Old 30 Jun 2022, 18:07 (Ref:4117617)   #342
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Citroën C4 X

4.60 m long, four doors

Yes it's a sedan version of the C4.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 17:12 (Ref:4118236)   #343
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I assume the Peugeot and Citroen are based on the same platform.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 17:34 (Ref:4118240)   #344
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I assume the Peugeot and Citroen are based on the same platform.
Yes - the PSA EMP2 platform. Along with many others...

Citroën:
C4 Picasso II/C4 Spacetourer
C5 Aircross
C5 X
C6 II
Berlingo III
Jumpy III/Dispatch

Dongfeng Fengshen:
Aeolus A9

DS Automobiles:
DS 7 Crossback
DS 9
DS 4

Fiat/Fiat Professional:
Doblò
Scudo
Ulysse

Opel/Vauxhall:
Grandland
Astra L
Combo E
Vivaro
Zafira Life

Peugeot:
308 II
308 III
408 II
508 II
3008 II
4008 II
5008 II
Partner/Rifter
Expert
Traveller

Toyota:
ProAce City
ProAce
ProAce Verso
Old 17 Nov 2022, 13:27 (Ref:4134031)   #345
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Toyota Prius

4.60 m long

Plugin hybrid only outside Japan

Old 17 Nov 2022, 13:34 (Ref:4134034)   #346
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Toyota Prius

4.60 m long

Plugin hybrid only outside Japan
Toyota has confirmed that it won't be on sale in the UK.

"With our evolving UK product strategy and changing market conditions, we have taken the decision not to introduce the new generation Prius in the UK as the new model represents a very different proposition to its predecessor, alongside a clear shift in UK consumer demand towards more SUV style vehicles. Since its introduction as our first hybrid model back in 2000, over the years we have launched a much greater selection of self-charging hybrids, covering all the main segments of the market meeting a much wider customer base. Acknowledging its popularity in the private hire market, we are still able to cater for operators who continue to require our reliable hybrid technology, with the UK built Corolla Touring Sports estate. This shift in UK market conditions has been reflected in Prius sales figures – there were 563 sales in 2021, in comparison to just under 18,000 hybrid Toyota C-HRs. Prius will continue to be sold in other European markets and will only be available as a plug-in version."
Old 17 Nov 2022, 19:26 (Ref:4134059)   #347
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
I like the design of the new Prius but surprised it's not a EV.
Old 19 Apr 2023, 14:58 (Ref:4152188)   #348
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Smart #3

4.45 m long

270-420 hp electric motors, 66 kWh battery

Old 19 Apr 2023, 15:00 (Ref:4152189)   #349
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Renault Clio (facelift)

Non-hybrid models dropped in some markets

Old 19 Apr 2023, 15:02 (Ref:4152190)   #350
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
BYD Seagull

3.78 m long

75-100 hp electric motors, 30-38 kWh battery