Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 1 Aug 2011, 13:10 (Ref:2934500)   #101
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Is any of the land beyond the drag strip available... just a thought that you could open it up a bit for not much more distance by having the short straight on the drag strip with the main straight and pit a little further away. The main straight of the circuit could also work as the return road for the drag strip, and be an access point to the drag's pit area at the same time.
Can you do some quick drawing in paint? my eyes are kind of sticky this morning, I need a coffe...

I just learnt theres much more that can be used anyway so another idea will have to come. the whole parking and original grandstands were erased and will be available. This was a true site that was destroyed for housings, but....
Old 1 Aug 2011, 23:23 (Ref:2934768)   #102
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wasn't thinking of anything particularly fancy, just putting the short straight on the drag strip to give a bit more space for the infield looping corners, with the longer straight to the north of the Drag strip, it would only work if the the final sequence cut the drag strip far enough down the run.
Old 2 Aug 2011, 02:42 (Ref:2934795)   #103
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I wasn't thinking of anything particularly fancy, just putting the short straight on the drag strip to give a bit more space for the infield looping corners, with the longer straight to the north of the Drag strip, it would only work if the the final sequence cut the drag strip far enough down the run.
now im lost!! lets put numbers startin t1 being the largest radiused corner @ the left lol
Old 17 Nov 2011, 01:51 (Ref:2987491)   #104
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
hey there! long time haven't posted
not much happening so I'll presents this sketches for you and you can take the raw an make your own track how's that?
Attached Thumbnails
fajardo1.jpg   Fajardo_Sketch.png  
Old 17 Nov 2011, 03:47 (Ref:2987517)   #105
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Here's a better take imho.
Attached Thumbnails
Fajardo_Sketch_best.png  
Old 17 Nov 2011, 09:52 (Ref:2987626)   #106
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the red and green dots?
Old 17 Nov 2011, 13:51 (Ref:2987732)   #107
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
What are the red and green dots?
green would be the flag marshals red would be ambulance positions, but I have to look it over again since I changed the design...
Old 17 Nov 2011, 15:09 (Ref:2987771)   #108
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
SpeedingTortoise should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice tracks. I think the second one has a better flow and easier overtaking opportunities. Anyway ive had my own go with your site. Its anticlockwise. What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
luiggi1jpg.jpg  
Old 17 Nov 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2987841)   #109
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely has a Paul Ricard flavour to it at first glance, but again, another lovely job there.

The only thing i'd add to it is perhaps another option on the backstraight instead of the chicane.

I'd be tempted to add a much more gradual ease to the left and rejoin the section just before the esses. Of course, this would be -1 'overtaking spot', but I think there's already a couple on there which a genuine chances.

Selby
Old 17 Nov 2011, 20:39 (Ref:2987919)   #110
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Here is a clockwise attempt. The S/F is on the pit straight.

For Reference T4 is the Eastern Hairpin and T10 and 11 mark the Western End of the circuit. The run from the exit of the T5/6 Chicane to T10 is 900m.

The circuit is 2.576km (1.61 miles)

Must admit I went slightly off course, the approach to T10 should be down the runway and not running of off of it.
Attached Thumbnails
Fajardo.jpg  
Old 18 Nov 2011, 01:20 (Ref:2988035)   #111
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
Nice tracks. I think the second one has a better flow and easier overtaking opportunities. Anyway ive had my own go with your site. Its anticlockwise. What do you think?
I think the design itself is nice but in reality is drifts out of the existing track by too much, this idea needs to be as economical as possible so the sections outside the actual facilities shall be kept to the minimun, that said I'd encourage you take a second shot using the existing track as much as possible now what do you say?
Old 18 Nov 2011, 11:07 (Ref:2988179)   #112
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Here is a clockwise attempt. The S/F is on the pit straight.

For Reference T4 is the Eastern Hairpin and T10 and 11 mark the Western End of the circuit. The run from the exit of the T5/6 Chicane to T10 is 900m.

The circuit is 2.576km (1.61 miles)

Must admit I went slightly off course, the approach to T10 should be down the runway and not running of off of it.
Again, really like it.

The only change i'd make is loosening the final chicane. I'm just not sure the tightness is necessary after those 2 90 degree turns.

Love the curves down the backstraight!

Selby
Old 18 Nov 2011, 16:54 (Ref:2988322)   #113
August
Rookie

Finland
August should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
hey there! long time haven't posted
not much happening so I'll presents this sketches for you and you can take the raw an make your own track how's that?
That area seems to be the non-operating Diego Jiménez Torres Airport. Are there any real plans to make a racing circuit at that area?
Old 18 Nov 2011, 19:51 (Ref:2988427)   #114
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
I think the design itself is nice but in reality is drifts out of the existing track by too much, this idea needs to be as economical as possible so the sections outside the actual facilities shall be kept to the minimun, that said I'd encourage you take a second shot using the existing track as much as possible now what do you say?
My more realistic second and third attempts. Not sure about the chicane on the back straight of my third attempt. it stays within the confines of the runway but might be a bit to tight and fiddly for racing.
Attached Thumbnails
luiggi2.jpg   luiggi3.jpg  
Old 19 Nov 2011, 19:18 (Ref:2988848)   #115
SpeedingTortoise
Racer

Scotland
Glasgow
sorry for the double post but i think i have made a track that is better than my previous attempts. I've altered the first section to increase run off, changed the chicane to help overtaking and changed the first set of s-bends to incorporate a shorter layout.
Attached Thumbnails
luiggi4.jpg  
Old 19 Nov 2011, 19:45 (Ref:2988853)   #116
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by August View Post
That area seems to be the non-operating Diego Jiménez Torres Airport. Are there any real plans to make a racing circuit at that area?
Thats what it is and there were proposals in 2008 that made it to the Senate floor but it died there.So far the area is in a state of abandon, the govmnt wont do anything, our hopes are from external investors.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 19:49 (Ref:2988855)   #117
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedingTortoise View Post
sorry for the double post but i think i have made a track that is better than my previous attempts. I've altered the first section to increase run off, changed the chicane to help overtaking and changed the first set of s-bends to incorporate a shorter layout.
That's an interesting take on the problem, I like the challenges.
Old 19 Nov 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2988860)   #118
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Ok I've been asked for a drag strip included so that is a real problem for the reasons I've discussed many times with the strip rubber surface and the re-entry points etc etc so I've bypassed the drag strip completely and rejoined just after the 1/4 mile mark with a super slow speed chicane, in order to avoid collisions with the mandatory outer wall as much as possible. This is still a simple design using the existing infrastructure as much as possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Fajardo_w_drag.png  
Old 19 Nov 2011, 23:28 (Ref:2988947)   #119
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I had this edit of my own version already done before Luiggi mentioned a drag strip...though I should have knows from past experience that there would need to be provision for one.

The final chicane is revised, and also the back section runs along the runway rather than off of it like in my original.
Attached Thumbnails
Fajardo2.jpg  
Old 20 Nov 2011, 00:36 (Ref:2988970)   #120
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I had this edit of my own version already done before Luiggi mentioned a drag strip...though I should have knows from past experience that there would need to be provision for one.

The final chicane is revised, and also the back section runs along the runway rather than off of it like in my original.

Yeah I know, I was just told a drag strip is mandatory for $$$ reasons, we should have seen it coming...

There's something I like a lot on your design, the corner shape after the pit exit ,that and the successive corners I love em! I would say the avg speed on that track could easily exceed 200K though !!

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 20 Nov 2011 at 00:43.
Old 15 Jan 2012, 22:29 (Ref:3012093)   #121
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Here we go again...

This time I had a meeting with the vice-mayor of a really small town deep insinde small Puerto Rico where they tried unsuccessfully to build a drag strip, I don't know what went on with that but they listened to my idea of a circuit, the problem is, they only have ~16 acres for the whole thing so I had the monumental task of trying to fit at least 2km inside that without getting everybody banging each other. I made the track trying to avoid risk of invading the track, so there are "minimum" distances at least.

What I want is for you guys to try to spot something I might miss regarding safety, what points of the track might be questionable safetywise. Ok this ain't no Indy, this can posibly set a record for "worlds tightest track" with the max length coming close to 300M, run off areas are up to 20 m in some areas, down to 5 m in slow speed areas, there are barriers. Obviously this is not intended for GP nor F1, just to vent out some steam on weekends, it's maybe more of a bike circuit or touring.

Check it out. This thing goes clock wise.

The "logistics" are pretty simple, you enter the facilities straight into the "pit lane/paddock" from the road and gain acces to the track, there is a possibility for stands where I put them, the round thing is a horse building(they asked for it) and in my 2K track there's not much room for anything else sans a bunch of canopy to make shade and put your stuff, pretty much like Jennings.

Last edited by LuiggiSpeed; 15 Jan 2012 at 22:39.
Old 15 Jan 2012, 23:17 (Ref:3012107)   #122
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You have done a good job of fitting a track into such a small space. I would try to fit in some paddock space as you need room to park transporters etc.(this could be difficult)At present there is no space between the pit lane and the track on the opposide side.
I like your idea of the pit access not having to cross the track.
The pit exit could also cause a problem as race traffic will be using the same side of the track as the pit lane.
One possibillity would be to move the pit lane to the the straight on the right hand side of the circuit. A pit lane on a circuit of this type need not be much more than 100m long + entry & exit. This change would need the gap between the two tracks to be widened a bit.
Old 15 Jan 2012, 23:35 (Ref:3012114)   #123
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
I'd make three small changes.

Two small gravel traps at the esses, not really designed to stop cars so much as to make the drivers think twice about cutting corners ... they would however be useful for catching bikes that have high sided their riders in the esses.
The second of these would involve changing the layout of the indicated structure.

The other adjustment is to re-align the gravel trap on the 3rd last corner, where the gravel trap was, did nothing for straight on incidents.
Attached Thumbnails
Edit 1.jpg  
Old 15 Jan 2012, 23:38 (Ref:3012116)   #124
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Wolfhound, from experience of luiggispeed's circuit, the pitlane is only a hot pit, used assembly for signal boards and little else. His designs tend to have a remote paddock. The types of event using it, wouldn't have pitstops so the pit exit is literally just a way to get onto the track before a race starts.
Old 17 Jan 2012, 02:36 (Ref:3012654)   #125
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
You have done a good job of fitting a track into such a small space. I would try to fit in some paddock space as you need room to park transporters etc.(this could be difficult)At present there is no space between the pit lane and the track on the opposide side.
I like your idea of the pit access not having to cross the track.
The pit exit could also cause a problem as race traffic will be using the same side of the track as the pit lane.
One possibillity would be to move the pit lane to the the straight on the right hand side of the circuit. A pit lane on a circuit of this type need not be much more than 100m long + entry & exit. This change would need the gap between the two tracks to be widened a bit.
Thank you very much Wolfhound,glad you noticed the non-bridge config, classic of most of my designs, I also see the pit lane exit a little questionable, though Jerez has somethng not unlike that, but I think one simple solution would be to extend the pit lane till the end of the straight and make them join the track on the outside line of T1 , where racing veicles have already turn.(??) It's only a 290m "straight" so were not talking 300Km...?

Quote:
I'd make three small changes.

Two small gravel traps at the esses, not really designed to stop cars so much as to make the drivers think twice about cutting corners ... they would however be useful for catching bikes that have high sided their riders in the esses.
The second of these would involve changing the layout of the indicated structure.

The other adjustment is to re-align the gravel trap on the 3rd last corner, where the gravel trap was, did nothing for straight on incidents.
Agreed 100% on gravel traps and my bad, I had removed those "structures" but I somehow choose the wrong pic, just imagine it's not there

Quote:
Wolfhound, from experience of luiggispeed's circuit, the pitlane is only a hot pit, used assembly for signal boards and little else. His designs tend to have a remote paddock. The types of event using it, wouldn't have pitstops so the pit exit is literally just a way to get onto the track before a race starts.
What he said.
My circuit is more of small club for enthusiasts, I don't forsee big 18-wheelers attending any time soon, but I see lots of cars and trailers, canopys and that kind of informal stuff.

Now judging from the relative size of the cars(the sketch is scaled propperly) it does seem like a 2:1 scaled hyper karting track but do you think it would be worth a ride?