Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Do you think SVG be served court papers this weekend, preventing him from competeing?
Yes 4 12.50%
No 28 87.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 9 Apr 2013, 04:22 (Ref:3231287)   #1
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Will SVG be served papers at Pukekohe?

If I were an evil person then serving papers to SVG to stop him from competing this weekend would be the perfect time.

Home crowd/country
Travel expenses incurred
Lawyers & support network not close to hand

It would be a pretty low blow . . . . . but Im looking at it from both sides of the fence.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 04:27 (Ref:3231288)   #2
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Build a bridge....get over it...
Old 9 Apr 2013, 05:01 (Ref:3231291)   #3
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
hasnt he already been served?
Old 9 Apr 2013, 05:04 (Ref:3231292)   #4
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But by the same token if he is served with anything, what is stopping him from doing the same to the others (Erebus). I think that it might be all over, dont know but not much information on it.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 05:10 (Ref:3231293)   #5
BackSeat Driver
Racer

BackSeat Driver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think if nothing happens this round then nothing will ever happen. The Stones seem like too nicer people to do anything, and I believe they are the only party involved.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 05:30 (Ref:3231297)   #6
thunderbolt
Veteran

thunderbolt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...-1226360073887
YOUNG V8 Supercar star Shane van Gisbergen will become the longest-serving driver for respected race team Stone Brothers Racing, having signed with the team for a further three years.

"It's a pretty cool feeling to be able to keep all our relationships going," van Gisbergen said this morning of knowing he'll be at the team until at least the end of 2015.

"I definitely think I can win the championship with SBR. That is the main reasons I wanted to stay. I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't think that."

if this is true then I can see a court case van Gisbergen v stone
van Gisbergen awarded damages
Old 9 Apr 2013, 06:37 (Ref:3231308)   #7
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderbolt View Post
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...-1226360073887
YOUNG V8 Supercar star Shane van Gisbergen will become the longest-serving driver for respected race team Stone Brothers Racing, having signed with the team for a further three years.

"It's a pretty cool feeling to be able to keep all our relationships going," van Gisbergen said this morning of knowing he'll be at the team until at least the end of 2015.

"I definitely think I can win the championship with SBR. That is the main reasons I wanted to stay. I wouldn't have stayed if I didn't think that."

if this is true then I can see a court case van Gisbergen v stone
van Gisbergen awarded damages
Ah! But the Stones became Erebus Motorsport, negating the fact SVG was going to race for Ross and Jimmy. SVG was fed up with the politics surrounding SBR/EBM, didn't like the fact they were swapping from Ford to Mercedes, etc. He felt that all of that was a negative (which caused a bout of depression) and wanted out. Can't say that I blame him.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 07:39 (Ref:3231323)   #8
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Ah! But the Stones became Erebus Motorsport, negating the fact SVG was going to race for Ross and Jimmy. SVG was fed up with the politics surrounding SBR/EBM, didn't like the fact they were swapping from Ford to Mercedes, etc. He felt that all of that was a negative (which caused a bout of depression) and wanted out. Can't say that I blame him.
Do you know this as fact? Has he been quoted as saying any of this in press?
Old 9 Apr 2013, 09:10 (Ref:3231373)   #9
kiwi20
Racer

New Zealand
kiwi20 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
One thing he did say was in no way had ever said or implied he was suffering from depression.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 11:24 (Ref:3231443)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You would think Mr Van Gisbergen would be fed something better than papers... I mean there is only so much Rocklea Road you can eat, without resorting to being served papers..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 9 Apr 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3231451)   #11
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi20 View Post
One thing he did say was in no way had ever said or implied he was suffering from depression.
He said that he wasn't diagnosed with clinical depression. (From: http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/...-1226588763197)

Quote:
JP: Have you been clinically diagnosed with depression?

SvG: No. Never. Everyone has down moments and I was in a rut. If I carried on it was only going to get worse. Mindset is such a big part of this sport.

If your mind is right, you drive well. I am now loving life.
If you read between the lines, it does sound like he had a depressive state.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 13:15 (Ref:3231486)   #12
rik
Veteran

rik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackSeat Driver View Post
If I were an evil person then serving papers to SVG to stop him from competing this weekend would be the perfect time.
No chance of this happening, as it would be a dispute under Australian/Queensland law... NZ courts won't want to get involved in foreign disputes.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 22:23 (Ref:3231753)   #13
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The way I see it, a lot of time has passed since they first discussed serving him with papers, any longer and it would not be worth it.

Plus given Mr Quinn's current track record of getting what he wants, I'm sure he's had a quiet chat with the Stones and probably resolved the problem.
Old 9 Apr 2013, 22:55 (Ref:3231757)   #14
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's dumber than rushing a switch to Mercedes simply because you "like" the brand..... Serving papers on NZ's highest profile V8Supercar driver at his home event.

While they're at it they should also call Richie McCaw a cheat, claim Crowded House and explain to NZ that Wetbix kids are..........
Old 10 Apr 2013, 01:21 (Ref:3231789)   #15
sollitt
Rookie

Italy
Buonconvento
sollitt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought this topic had already been done to death.

As it happens Chappelli, both Crowded House & Weetbix are Australian.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 03:45 (Ref:3231812)   #16
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
You would think Mr Van Gisbergen would be fed something better than papers... I mean there is only so much Rocklea Road you can eat, without resorting to being served papers..
Or kibble....
Old 10 Apr 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3231835)   #17
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Or kibble....
If he orders fush & chups etll deefunitely b wripped in peepers & served tu im.

The horse may not so much have bolted as trotted off into the distance. Like the relevance of this thread.

Old 10 Apr 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3231890)   #18
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Quote:
While they're at it they should also call Richie McCaw a cheat
He does cheat when he plays for Canterbury.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 09:45 (Ref:3231899)   #19
jason7253
Rookie

Australia
Tasmania
jason7253 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a thought but how is this that far removed from the whole David Reynolds/ Kelly Racing thing
Old 10 Apr 2013, 11:49 (Ref:3231948)   #20
HProject
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
HProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHProject should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason7253 View Post
Just a thought but how is this that far removed from the whole David Reynolds/ Kelly Racing thing
I'd say it isn't far removed, on a purely legal level. But a lot of people took the whole 'I'm tired haha lol actually nah I'm not" thing personally as deception, instead of what it probably was - badly executed PR.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 12:22 (Ref:3231971)   #21
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by jason7253 View Post
David who? he was the number 4 driver for a team who was paying him little cash and wouldnt even give him a contract. He didnt lie to his supporters about the change either. And he never announced he was taking some time off.

significantly different.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 23:04 (Ref:3232230)   #22
GT 86
Racer

GT 86 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What on earth was Fabian tring to do last night on TV One (NZ) http://tvnz.co.nz/motorsport-news/an...-5401246/video Is he trying to sound like a spoilt bratt or be the king of the mountain. Very unlike him to drag this sort of crap up again and its not normally in his nature.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 23:15 (Ref:3232231)   #23
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT 86 View Post
What on earth was Fabian tring to do last night on TV One (NZ) http://tvnz.co.nz/motorsport-news/an...-5401246/video Is he trying to sound like a spoilt bratt or be the king of the mountain. Very unlike him to drag this sort of crap up again and its not normally in his nature.
A wise man, doesnt have his head stuck in the sand either.

I think you named the wrong person as a spoilt brat

Last edited by peckstar; 10 Apr 2013 at 23:25.
Old 10 Apr 2013, 23:38 (Ref:3232236)   #24
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
A wise man, doesnt have his head stuck in the sand either.

I think you named the wrong person as a spoilt brat
Fab was dead on balls accurate
Old 11 Apr 2013, 00:09 (Ref:3232241)   #25
R4z3rw33n
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane.
R4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR4z3rw33n should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rik View Post
No chance of this happening, as it would be a dispute under Australian/Queensland law... NZ courts won't want to get involved in foreign disputes.
Yeah, there's no precedent for the NZ legal system being used as a proxy for foreign bidding:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Dot...in_New_Zealand