Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Jan 2023, 16:33 (Ref:4139109)   #26
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jaxon is an interesting one - he had bought a previous gen Cupra (think it might have been one of Tonks'), but now going to race in a latest gen car.

Area Motorsport - Hyundai i30N - Bruce Winfield

JWB Motorsport - Leon Competition - George Jaxon

Paul Sheard Racing - Audi RS3 LMS - Joe Marshall
Paul Sheard Racing - Audi RS3 LMS - Garry Townsend

Restart Racing - Honda Civic FK7 - Chris Smiley
Restart Racing - Honda Civic FK7 - Scott Sumpton
Old 6 Jan 2023, 16:43 (Ref:4139112)   #27
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Isn't that Rick Parfitt's 2021 Hyundai BTCC livery ?
Yes was going to say the same! Looks good though.
Old 6 Jan 2023, 20:21 (Ref:4139130)   #28
Redron
Rookie

Redron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
How good is that
Old 6 Jan 2023, 21:36 (Ref:4139135)   #29
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He ran the same livery under Hard at Snetterton - there were quite a few comments then about the similarity
Old 7 Jan 2023, 20:42 (Ref:4139213)   #30
Redron
Rookie

I wonder how many drivers will be racing in 23
Old 9 Jan 2023, 07:23 (Ref:4139284)   #31
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redron View Post
I wonder how many drivers will be racing in 23
I think we will probably see consistent grids around the mid-20s, with nearly all of them in for the full season. Last year saw a big step forward in the competitiveness and quality at the front, now many of the front runners are switching to a newer generation of cars to remain front runners.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 09:20 (Ref:4139302)   #32
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
I think we will probably see consistent grids around the mid-20s, with nearly all of them in for the full season. Last year saw a big step forward in the competitiveness and quality at the front, now many of the front runners are switching to a newer generation of cars to remain front runners.
Last season was the first time TCR UK had a credible grid, hopefully they can build on that this season. The worry is that the smaller teams that were hitting the reliability problems may now be realising the size of the budget they need to run the cars properly and may need a rethink.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 09:24 (Ref:4139308)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
They need to start filling up the grids then. So far 14 isn't enough
Old 9 Jan 2023, 17:02 (Ref:4139389)   #34
antnee
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Where do you get 14 from?
Old 9 Jan 2023, 17:13 (Ref:4139390)   #35
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
https://twitter.com/TCRUK_series/sta...79334312296450

TCR UK Media Day at Donington 28th March
Old 9 Jan 2023, 17:24 (Ref:4139396)   #36
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Petoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Who says they haven't got more entries that just haven't been announced yet

There is still 4 months still the season starts

Every year for whatever series it is there always seem to be a element of

"Well its January 1st they haven't announced a full 25 car grid therefore only 4 are going to turn up

TCR Europe for example starts around the same time as TCR UK does. They have only about 5 or 6 entries publicly confirmed

Do they need to start filling up the entries

are drivers and teams required to announce there entry they day they file it

Registration for the 2023 Season only opened in December
Old 9 Jan 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4139427)   #37
Redron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post

Will be nice to see more new cars.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 17:57 (Ref:4139611)   #38
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Fiesta ST240 Champion Jenson Brickley will make the move up into TCR UK for the 2023 season at the wheel of a family-run Cupra Leon CompeticiĂ³n TCR.

2023 TCR UK Entry List (10 January):
Chris Smiley – Restart Racing – Honda Civic Type R TCR
Scott Sumpton – Restart Racing – Honda Civic Type R TCR
Bruce Winfield – Area Motorsport – Hyundai i30 N TCR
Gary Townsend – Paul Sheard Racing – Audi RS 3 LMS
Joe Marshall – Paul Sheard Racing – Audi RS 3 LMS
George Jaxon – JW Bird Motorsport – Cupra Leon CompeticiĂ³n TCR
Jenson Brickley – Jenson Brickley Racing – Cupra Leon CompeticiĂ³n TCR
Source: https://www.touringcartimes.com/2023...rs-2023-entry/
Old 10 Jan 2023, 18:00 (Ref:4139613)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redron View Post
Will be nice to see more new cars.
https://twitter.com/restartracing22/...51372256198656

I assume Restart will have one or two new Civics.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 18:14 (Ref:4139616)   #40
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Looking like a much better proportion of current-gens cars. Wonder if one of the many i30s will be replaced by an Elantra.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 18:24 (Ref:4139619)   #41
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Looking like a much better proportion of current-gens cars. Wonder if one of the many i30s will be replaced by an Elantra.
With the successful 2022 season in mind I think teams realise they must AND dare to invest in newer cars. Of course it will be interesting to see if smaller outfits leave because TCR is technically and financial out of reach, especially if the level of the grid becomes higher.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 18:52 (Ref:4139624)   #42
Redron
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Is the elantra a better car than the i30?
Reason I ask the i30 did seem quick last year
Old 11 Jan 2023, 11:15 (Ref:4139687)   #43
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A new to TCR UK model of car is getting unveiled at Autosport International tomorrow morning at 11.

"We'll unveil a TCR model, brand new to TCR UK this year, tomorrow at the
@Autosport_Show
at 11am!

??Hall 2, Stand 2550"

https://twitter.com/TCRUK_series/sta...20831755780096

I wonder what it could be? Elantra? Civic FL5? MG? Lynk & Co?
Old 11 Jan 2023, 11:48 (Ref:4139689)   #44
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
A new to TCR UK model of car is getting unveiled at Autosport International tomorrow morning at 11.

"We'll unveil a TCR model, brand new to TCR UK this year, tomorrow at the
@Autosport_Show
at 11am!

??Hall 2, Stand 2550"

https://twitter.com/TCRUK_series/sta...20831755780096

I wonder what it could be? Elantra? Civic FL5? MG? Lynk & Co?
Cars we have yet to see in UK

Hyundai Elantra, Lynk and Co 03, Peugeot 308 have raced internationally and are problem the more logical choice, that could be picked up on secodaary market

No offence to the guys racing in TCR UK but i would imagine very few cars that have raced were brand new from factory

Then we have the MG5, MG6, that has only been seen in Asia, MG sales in the UK are increasing in the UK, though those models are not available in the UK could MG have approached a team to run a car
Not suggesting a works team, but last Lewis Kent mentioned that Hyundai had approached him and asked him to run a Veloster and offered a favorite deal

Then we have the new Toyota Corrolla which seem unlikely as the builder has said that the first car in build are earmaked for South America

Fiat Tipo again seems unlikely would be bit of an outside choice

There is also the Lada Vesta which would mean buying from Russia which is probably out of the question

Then there is the Kia C'eed which exists, don't think any have raced for about 4 years i not sure how many actually

But someone did rock up the Subaru's this year
Old 11 Jan 2023, 14:44 (Ref:4139719)   #45
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Restart Civic FL5?
Old 11 Jan 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4139740)   #46
Petoli
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Restart Civic FL5?

Jas have said that deliveries for the new Honda dont start until April

Given the fact that TCR UK starts the 1st week of April

Chances are if it is they wont have the car till April will probably have to start the season in the current car

Some Honda drivers in othet TCR series have indicated that they will have to start their season in the old car untill the new one comes online
Old 11 Jan 2023, 16:47 (Ref:4139746)   #47
Redron
Rookie

Quote:
Restart Civic FL5?
That’s my guess
Old 11 Jan 2023, 17:37 (Ref:4139756)   #48
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post

Chances are if it is they wont have the car till April will probably have to start the season in the current car
Tweet doesn't say that the new car will be there for the full season, just that it will be in the series this year. The car on show doesn't even need to be the actual chassis that will be used this year; chances are it will be JAS's test/demo/display car.

Given Restart have recently tweeted a picture of the FL5 and we know they have good links with JAS, I think it's highly likely they will run a pair of FL5s this year, although probably starting the year with teh old model.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 17:43 (Ref:4139757)   #49
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petoli View Post

Some Honda drivers in othet TCR series have indicated that they will have to start their season in the old car untill the new one comes online
JAS has at least one FL5 TCR car. What I assume is that Restart and TCR UK will have this car on display at Autosport International. Restart will get their own new cars later this season.

But maybe I am wrong and will they have the Kia cee'd TCR car on display.
Old 11 Jan 2023, 18:19 (Ref:4139758)   #50
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
But maybe I am wrong and will they have the Kia cee'd TCR car on display.
Going one step further and bringing back the Focus!