Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Feb 2019, 11:39 (Ref:3882366)   #26
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
It certainly does. Wonder why they ditched the red for yellow?
It’s Gold not Yellow.

Also Gold and Black is Rich Energy’s corporate colours, so you would assume that’s why they have changed it being the title sponsor
Old 7 Feb 2019, 12:43 (Ref:3882386)   #27
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It certainly does. Wonder why they ditched the red for yellow?
If this is your sponsor's logo, what colour scheme would you choose?

Old 7 Feb 2019, 12:47 (Ref:3882389)   #28
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
A homage to one of the most famous F1 liveries. I quite like it, but it seems out of place on the Haas.
Old 7 Feb 2019, 13:08 (Ref:3882393)   #29
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I dont see it as even an attempt at an homage to other (historic or previous) liveries.... surely it is purely a reflection of their naming rights sponsor's corporate colours. That coincidentally are black and gold.
Old 7 Feb 2019, 16:08 (Ref:3882437)   #30
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
like the Haas in white on the sides and the rich energy drinks logo on the front of the halo.

at the live launch it is the 2018 car with new livery but the online pictures they released are apparently of the 2019 spec car with new livery.

pics and specs of it below.

https://www.haasf1team.com/machine

edit: just read the full blurb...sounds like these pics are just digital renderings on the new car.
Old 7 Feb 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3882445)   #31
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's quite a dull/matt gold in the imagery, where as previous and famous black and Gold liveries have been much more of a "metallic" gold. Untill seen in natural light how effective it's going to be remains to be seen.
Old 7 Feb 2019, 17:07 (Ref:3882454)   #32
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Looks good to me, but I guess snappers will be muttering about black cars being difficult to photograph!
Old 7 Feb 2019, 23:12 (Ref:3882541)   #33
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Have to say the front wing looks slightly better than on previous cars
Old 8 Feb 2019, 00:35 (Ref:3882549)   #34
karting
Racer

Quote:
Have to say the front wing looks slightly better than on previous cars
That car in the photos is the 2018 car with the 2019 livery. The 2019 car is released next week
Old 8 Feb 2019, 00:42 (Ref:3882550)   #35
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
That car in the photos is the 2018 car with the 2019 livery. The 2019 car is released next week
The physical car yes was last years, but the other digital imagery is a representation of the new car,
Old 8 Feb 2019, 21:54 (Ref:3882716)   #36
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Don't worry, the livery will change when Rich Energy settle out of court for stealing colours from JPS and the logo from Whytes. https://whyte.bike/
Old 9 Feb 2019, 03:54 (Ref:3882739)   #37
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Don't worry, the livery will change when Rich Energy settle out of court for stealing colours from JPS and the logo from Whytes. https://whyte.bike/
And it's no joke that the logo issue is going to court...

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/co.../section1A.pdf

Quote:
Case No: IP-2017-000235
Parties: ATB Sales Limited -v- (1) Rich Energy Limited
ATB is the owner of Whyte.

But... there are posts elsewhere that give evidence the while Whyte as a brand/company is older than Rich Energy, the Rich Energy logo was trademarked two years before the Whyte version. But Whyte may have been using it (without the trademark being filed) prior to Rich Energy filing their trademark. So it's not clear who copied who. I am just reposting what I have read elsewhere. Guess the courts will decide.

Regardless, Rich Energy is the gift that keeps giving. Its like its some sort of hustle that we just haven't figure out yet.

Richard
Old 9 Feb 2019, 12:57 (Ref:3882795)   #38
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When your company CEO or boss or big cheese keeps having to make statements that say "Look, we're legit, honest", it's a good sign they're not legit.

It's like any country that has "The Democratic Republic of" in front of the country. Generally, that type of country isn't very democratic.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 13:34 (Ref:3882798)   #39
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Williams have announced their livery launch will be at their Grove base on the 11th, so expect to see last years car in this years paint.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 17:48 (Ref:3882828)   #40
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It's like any country that has "The Democratic Republic of" in front of the country. Generally, that type of country isn't very democratic.
true story!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Williams have announced their livery launch will be at their Grove base on the 11th, so expect to see last years car in this years paint.
and a new title sponsor to be announced as well?
Old 10 Feb 2019, 12:59 (Ref:3882936)   #41
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
sounds about right for this bloke. start a business in a crowded sector, steal a logo off an existing unrelated company, crack on...

isn’t it an age-old hustle?
Old 11 Feb 2019, 09:36 (Ref:3883149)   #42
karting
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
sounds about right for this bloke. start a business in a crowded sector
Can I ask, why is this a issue?
Old 11 Feb 2019, 10:00 (Ref:3883154)   #43
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Just to provide some clarity to this.
It is Rich Energy who have raised an objection to Whyte using their logo.
The objection is just in a single realm though - Clothing and apparel - so if Whyte are permitted to use the logo in that field, Rich Energy are faced with the choice of changing their logo, not using it on clothing, or accept that another firm has a (very) similar logo.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 13:21 (Ref:3883233)   #44
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Toro Rosso launch is on their youtube channel at 13:30 UTC

https://www.youtube.com/user/ToroRossoOfficial
Old 11 Feb 2019, 13:39 (Ref:3883242)   #45
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
So Just a short 1 minute video, no big changes to the paint scheme

Here's a screen shot from the video ...
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toro Rosso.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	131.7 KB
ID:	52512

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14FLAUOIbl4
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:47 (Ref:3883280)   #46
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
Williams new Title Sponsor is a Mobile/Cell Phone company that I personally have never heard of called ROKit

And here is how it looks on the car..
Click image for larger version

Name:	Williams.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	52513

Image Source
Old 11 Feb 2019, 15:51 (Ref:3883282)   #47
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Williams new Title Sponsor is a Mobile/Cell Phone company that I personally have never heard of called ROKit

Attachment 52513

Image Source

Oh dear, last year the car performed like a backmarker, this year the livery will make them look like one.

The sponsor is part of ROK brands that seems to cover everything from phones to spring water..
http://www.rokbrands.com/
Old 11 Feb 2019, 16:10 (Ref:3883285)   #48
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:

Attachment 52513

Image Source
Same firm are behind Nic Hamilton's entry into BTCC.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 16:52 (Ref:3883291)   #49
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hope that Williams got the sponsorship money upfront, as I wonder whether the company will be around at the end of the season. Look at their accounts - 2017 ending accounts showed an accrued losses of some £16 million, roughly £4 million per year over 4 years.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 16:54 (Ref:3883292)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Livery looks fine to me! Obviously after Martini almost anything else will come as a disappointment- to some degree.......