Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Feb 2019, 15:18 (Ref:3882812)   #16
Teletubby
Veteran

England
Hampshire
Teletubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTeletubby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Hadfield View Post
.... We were told at one of the drivers meetings we attended that the BARCís last years losses were around £1.6 Million..
I'm not sure who said that but it's not correct.

If you're a member then you'll receive a copy of the annual accounts in due course.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 16:44 (Ref:3882826)   #17
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridredshoes should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
3 different champs just for Clios, 4 for Ginettas
In fairness those series are aimed at very different levels.
For Clios, you have the top level BTCC supporting Cup aimed at would-be professional drivers; a club level series with a combination of old Cup cars and road-saloon spec cars; and finally a junior series for 14-17 year olds.

The junior series has already been culled last year when grid numbers could be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Similar story with Ginetta with the 4 series aimed at different levels, albeit 3 of the 4 are essentially using the same cars, just in different spec.

However, point taken. I seem to recall having the same discussion poor grid number and too many similar series chasing too few entries some ten or more years ago. Seems like nothing changes.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 16:53 (Ref:3882829)   #18
Willmaz223
Veteran

Willmaz223 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
In fairness those series are aimed at very different levels.
For Clios, you have the top level BTCC supporting Cup aimed at would-be professional drivers; a club level series with a combination of old Cup cars and road-saloon spec cars; and finally a junior series for 14-17 year olds.

The junior series has already been culled last year when grid numbers could be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Similar story with Ginetta with the 4 series aimed at different levels, albeit 3 of the 4 are essentially using the same cars, just in different spec.

However, point taken. I seem to recall having the same discussion poor grid number and too many similar series chasing too few entries some ten or more years ago. Seems like nothing changes.
With the BRSCC and the Caterham ladder seems to be working (and for quite a while now).That has a ladder system which makes it probably more attractive.
Old 9 Feb 2019, 16:56 (Ref:3882830)   #19
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
All clubs are running championships that should be culled due to low entries.

...... but organising clubs can only carrying on making 7 figure loses for so long.
I dont think all clubs are running championships/ series that should be culled due to low entries. Agree with the final point highlighted though.

The figure may not be £1.6M quoted but i cant think of another club that has asked for performance/ attendance bonds. And clubs cannot continue to 40% of its meetings at a loss. Some will make money and some will lose but 40% is unsustainable.