Home  
Site Partners: Veloce Books OldRacingCars.com  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > The Chassis History Archive

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Feb 2007, 22:30 (Ref:1849459)   #11
AMICALEMANS
Racer

France
AMICALEMANS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes Driftwood, i know about all things you wrote in red (it reminds me an old german teacher i got when i was young )

But in his thread, Colin told us he entered twice the car in Thundersport events (Thruxton and Brands) on the link, drivers are correct, but LM4 was named ADA entered by ADA engineering !
http://wspr-racing.com/wspr/results/...under1985.html

Is Thundersports rules more tricky than ACO rules ? It is true that ACO accept that an entrant rename his car (Autoexe for an Riley Scott or a WR for example). So in Thruxton and Brands in 85, it was a De Cadenet LM4, ranning under the name of ADA 01 ! I will be pleased if anyone got some pictures !

I am not sure about what you said below(in fact GLC 913 was unknown by ACO for LM4)
"its title is not important i think the name was given just to fillout the ACO paper so it appeared to be adiffeent car from the year before"
i think they change the name of car in 1979 for political reason because of A de Cadenet. I remind you that Alain was well appreciate by ACO, but perhaps, as John Morrisson said, Simon Phillips was maybe in trouble with Alain !

Driftwood, i really appreciate to "speak" with you. I hope to see you with Allen, at Le Mans in june !