Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 1 Dec 2022, 19:03 (Ref:4135759)   #1576
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Andy, I've been dreaming watching this catalogue for years! I think we have no comparable supplier here (may be Danielson but not sure), that's why we purchase many goods from the UK. Unfortunately, I had no luck when ordering from them an it seems that refund can be a hassle…
Old 1 Dec 2022, 19:30 (Ref:4135763)   #1577
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They've got an Italian outlet IIRC. That would be better for deliveries to France.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:06 (Ref:4135768)   #1578
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Thank you, Peter, never heard about this before. Will try! Yes it's better and simpler, the delivery companies in France make a huge profit since Brexit, French customs too, a lot of parcels are lost - stolen I mean - but still we have to pay for!
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:35 (Ref:4135773)   #1579
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I may stand corrected in this but when I was in Albania the website sent me to an Italian address.
Old 1 Dec 2022, 20:49 (Ref:4135776)   #1580
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gerard, Peter Krober had a similar business in Germany that I believe was very good. My current information is not very upto date so I will try & find contact details (if any).

Also Gerard, do you find that the customs charges are very inconsistent & seem like a bit of a lottery?
Old 1 Dec 2022, 21:28 (Ref:4135781)   #1581
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Gerard, Peter Krober had a similar business in Germany that I believe was very good. My current information is not very upto date so I will try & find contact details (if any).

Also Gerard, do you find that the customs charges are very inconsistent & seem like a bit of a lottery?

The company still exists. It is called ISA Racing & is exhibiting at Essen Motor Show this week. It stocks a comprehensive range of products.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4135803)   #1582
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Sure I do, John! It all started c five years ago with goods coming from the USA. To be clear, a while ago we had almost no charge for any parcel, only for cars and bikes sent by sea. All of a sudden, we've been charged even for the transport already paid.

Since the Brexit, we have extra charges with no explaination and sometimes have to pay twice for the VAT. And we do know it's not our suppliers responsability or any foreign gov decision!
Old 2 Dec 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4135804)   #1583
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
And because of this lottery, a lot of my friends gave up refurbishing classics. Even a Jeep or Mustang is not worth unless you find a stockist and fair prices on parts. Quite a challenge!
Old 2 Dec 2022, 09:05 (Ref:4135808)   #1584
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
I've been lucky (mostly) so far but I was charged 13 euros duty on a £20 book from England, despite the paperwork stating that duty had already been paid.

I also had a demand by email for 1 euro on some magazines that were en route. Needless to say I ignored that & the magazines were delivered with no problems or charges.

I'm assuming that this nonsense has its roots in Brussels as they seem to be desperate to grab money anyway they can. All those expensive empty apartments in Knokke have to be paid for somehow!!
Old 2 Dec 2022, 11:21 (Ref:4135831)   #1585
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I've been lucky (mostly) so far but I was charged 13 euros duty on a £20 book from England, despite the paperwork stating that duty had already been paid.

Same in Spain, very few people bother to get anything delivered from the UK as the duty is often more than the parcel is worth.
Good old Brexshit!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Dec 2022, 13:12 (Ref:4135844)   #1586
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I tried to buy some kart parts from Italy the other day. Shipping was nearly £200 which it certainly wasn't last time I ordered a year or so back, nothing says "we don't want to deal with the UK" like prohibitive shipping costs.

IIRC it was a tenner or so previously.

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 2 Dec 2022, 13:30 (Ref:4135854)   #1587
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I tried to buy some kart parts from Italy the other day. Shipping was nearly £200 which it certainly wasn't last time I ordered a year or so back, nothing says "we don't want to deal with the UK" like prohibitive shipping costs.

IIRC it was a tenner or so previously.

Very often on one of our local forums down here people are asking if anyone can bring a parcel down for them, either on a flight or ferry. I know that there are quite a few checks at the port in Santander on incoming traffic, but we are never questioned about articles on arrival at the airport in Spain. However, we are checked at departure in the UK but only for illegal things.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Dec 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4135895)   #1588
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Illegal things? Well, down here it seems that a Rochester carb, a Jerico gearbox or Capri parts can be dangerous business!

OK, our customs dept caught more than 115 tons of various drugs last year but no one can tell what is the total amount. I must admit that racing a classic is really addictive and can be harmful tho… Expensive too.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 17:56 (Ref:4135896)   #1589
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
At least one member of the Dubai-based drugs cartel that got busted last week had rather a tasty collection of classics, including a gull-wing Merc, Jaguar XK & a modern Ferrari.
Old 2 Dec 2022, 19:18 (Ref:4135901)   #1590
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Well good 'taste' then! Hope he's carrying mexican stuff too…
Old 3 Dec 2022, 19:00 (Ref:4136017)   #1591
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
ISA racing are always at the Old Timers . Good people and very helpful.
Old 6 Dec 2022, 05:05 (Ref:4136229)   #1592
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
ISA racing are always at the Old Timers . Good people and very helpful.
Easy company to deal with Ian,fairly local to me .Any orders are normally filled by next day delivery.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 05:26 (Ref:4136837)   #1593
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Hmm,glad I bothered.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 07:56 (Ref:4136841)   #1594
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Just looking at the Banter thread. Less than 1600 posts - times are changing. We crashed the site once, now we're hardly making a ripple. May not need to start a 2023 version on January 1st, just drop 2022 off the title.

Old 12 Dec 2022, 08:01 (Ref:4136842)   #1595
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
We are all missing dear old Bob!
Old 12 Dec 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4136852)   #1596
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Just looking at the Banter thread. Less than 1600 posts - times are changing. We crashed the site once, now we're hardly making a ripple. May not need to start a 2023 version on January 1st, just drop 2022 off the title.
My bird table says it all this morning!
Click image for larger version

Name:	3.png
Views:	4
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	76500
Old 12 Dec 2022, 10:36 (Ref:4136853)   #1597
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
My bird table says it all this morning!
Attachment 76500
Did the robin swallow a whole one? It would explain the expression!!
Old 12 Dec 2022, 10:41 (Ref:4136856)   #1598
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Did the robin swallow a whole one? It would explain the expression!!
Cheeky!
Old 12 Dec 2022, 11:14 (Ref:4136859)   #1599
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
We are all missing dear old Bob!
Yes, his absence is quite obvious... Maybe we should start a campaign?
Old 12 Dec 2022, 11:16 (Ref:4136860)   #1600
midgetman
Veteran

Given that the Stupido Club has disbanded due to lack of use, and we're no longer wearing masks, I've changed my avatar to a more recent photo of me than the one I have used for the last couple of years.