Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Dec 2022, 17:37 (Ref:4136192)   #801
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Marriott View Post
I’m not sure I can make that many cups of tea on a Sunday.
Haha yeah, Carrera Cup is ok, as long as entries stay healthy. Hopefully the Caymans get (need) a boost from being permanently on the Toca package.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 17:41 (Ref:4136193)   #802
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PGib92 View Post
Won't let me post a link, but this has just been posted on Laser Tools Racing Socials

? Announcement:

Laser Tools Racing has today (December 5th) announced its withdrawal from the BTCC and will not be contesting the championship in 2023.

Please click on the link below to read the announcement in full. *link won't post*

#Announcement #BTCC #LaserTools #LaserToolsRacing #TouringCars #BritishTouringCars #Motorsport
Nine years, wow, that's very impressive! Will be strange not seeing Moffat in Laser Tools branding.

So, if Moffat may or not be lacking funding, and may or may not be switching to the Cupras, could we see them swallowed up under the HARD banner? If HARD are lacking something it's definitely more entries...

Definitely seems like a Moffat and Cupra connection: https://twitter.com/aidenmoffat16/st...865791489?s=21

Last edited by Evantra; 5 Dec 2022 at 18:03.
Old 5 Dec 2022, 19:35 (Ref:4136196)   #803
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, it is the rumours thread

https://twitter.com/AidenMoffat16/st...ZqdPzM3cQ&s=19
Old 5 Dec 2022, 20:33 (Ref:4136199)   #804
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That looks like one of Hard's best ever liveries
Old 5 Dec 2022, 21:06 (Ref:4136203)   #805
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
That looks like one of Hard's best ever liveries
It looks even better in the flesh
Old 6 Dec 2022, 19:32 (Ref:4136279)   #806
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cannot imagine Sutton or Cammish being very happy having another year with the Focus, its simply too slow.
Old 6 Dec 2022, 20:20 (Ref:4136285)   #807
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
Cannot imagine Sutton or Cammish being very happy having another year with the Focus, its simply too slow.
Is that the same Focus that Sutton nearly won the championship with?
Old 6 Dec 2022, 20:29 (Ref:4136286)   #808
Pdh
Racer

Pdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPdh should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Plus winning the team’s championship
Old 6 Dec 2022, 22:08 (Ref:4136297)   #809
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It is but I agree with Mick - too many times the car looked like a driving brick. Focus is not slow, after all Sutton was in the contention until the end but it's too slow in comparison to BMW or Hyundai and if it hadn't been for super consistency of Sutton and his extra defensive driving in what I feel was most of the races this season he wouldn't have fought for the title or would've been a very outside contender.
Old 7 Dec 2022, 09:28 (Ref:4136321)   #810
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
If I was a betting man, I would put my money on Sutton in the Focus for the championship in 2023. His quality in RWD was plain to see, and the switch to FWD went well, and with a season of that under his belt I think he will be in the mix in the Focus. I don't understand why people think that the car is slow. It may not be a new car, but the results were good and I recon will improve again next year.
Old 7 Dec 2022, 10:10 (Ref:4136322)   #811
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Gonna be interesting to see who picks up Laser Tools entry. Could we see a new team and car on the grid? Exciting times ahead
Old 7 Dec 2022, 10:14 (Ref:4136325)   #812
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Gonna be interesting to see who picks up Laser Tools entry. Could we see a new team and car on the grid? Exciting times ahead

As has been explained in some very recent posts, Laser Tools do not/did not own any TBLs; they belong to the Moffats.
Old 7 Dec 2022, 10:24 (Ref:4136329)   #813
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
laser tools were just the sponsor
they are not the team

the teams have alreay been confirmed for next year
Old 7 Dec 2022, 10:42 (Ref:4136332)   #814
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For clarification - the 29 named TBLs in the first column of the table represent the 29 confirmed entries for 2023 and will become the 29 cars on the grid.

Where the confirmed team name has already been publicised, these are given in bold.
Where there is a historical link to a potential team name, I have entered with a ?
Where the team name is unknown, I have entered the TBL holder.

Some of this is a little bit of guesswork based on what is in the public domain and will no doubt change over the coming weeks (such as the Laser Tools withdrawal of sponsorship).

AFAIK, the only confirmed team names for 2023 are 'Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.com' and 'NAPA Racing'.

2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-Smith Confirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónHamilton? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra León???  
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkington?Confirmed entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelley?MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023 – WSR confirmed as a 4-car entryInel.
PMR-1PMRAstra?Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRAstra????  
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 10:25 (Ref:4136421)   #815
Evantra
Veteran

England
In Collard racing family news...

https://twitter.com/surreyroadcops/s...532434959?s=21
Old 8 Dec 2022, 17:26 (Ref:4136488)   #816
mick bennett
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post

Shows deleted ???
Old 8 Dec 2022, 17:28 (Ref:4136489)   #817
mick bennett
Rookie

Quote:

The car did'nt . Sutton nearly did !!.

Without Ash the Focus was nowhere, yes I know Cammish won one race, but he was again nowhere, in the vast majority of races. The other two Focus's were back markers in nearly every race (lack of budget for those two ??).

Last edited by mick bennett; 8 Dec 2022 at 17:33.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 17:32 (Ref:4136491)   #818
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Shows deleted ???
It was basically a tweet from Surrey Police, saying Jordan Collard got pinched, banned and a small fine for drug driving with a missing front number plate!
Old 8 Dec 2022, 17:46 (Ref:4136497)   #819
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
The car did'nt . Sutton nearly did !!.

Without Ash the Focus was nowhere, yes I know Cammish won one race, but he was again nowhere, in the vast majority of races. The other two Focus's were back markers in nearly every race (lack of budget for those two ??).
Steady on Mick, read what I wrote again I didn't mention anyone else.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 17:58 (Ref:4136498)   #820
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Shows deleted ???
Old 8 Dec 2022, 19:22 (Ref:4136504)   #821
stuart thompson
Veteran

England
Northfleet, Kent
stuart thompson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I recognise that part of the M25 around the Cobham area.
Old 8 Dec 2022, 21:23 (Ref:4136511)   #822
mick bennett
Rookie

Quote:
Steady on Mick, read what I wrote again I didn't mention anyone else.

I must be Focused on the car then
Old 12 Dec 2022, 22:29 (Ref:4136941)   #823
S700UBO
Racer

Scotland
Inverness
S700UBO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
4 days without a rumour or a post?!

Ive heard from a friend of a friend a certain former race winning team owner wants to return.....
Old 13 Dec 2022, 11:36 (Ref:4136990)   #824
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All Quiet on the rumours front
Old 13 Dec 2022, 12:41 (Ref:4136996)   #825
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://twitter.com/bradleygravett/status/1602355254091284482?s=46&t=nnfWefPN0CBtbK1T_djaDQ

A BTCC drive for 2023?