Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Dec 2022, 12:53 (Ref:4136998)   #826
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
https://twitter.com/bradleygravett/status/1602355254091284482?s=46&t=nnfWefPN0CBtbK1T_djaDQ

A BTCC drive for 2023?
A lot points that way. In 2021, Robb did say 'To graduate next year will be difficult. He has to be running in the top four in JCW, otherwise he won’t be ready. But if you can drive a JCW, you can drive a touring car. Tom Ingram [the BTCC frontrunner who also coaches JCW drivers] told Bradley that. They have nearly 280bhp from their 2.0-litre turbo engines, a very short wheelbase and they are not easy. It’s a good stepping stone. But LM Performance is so important because it will be Liqui Moly that will take him into touring cars.'

And the current SM posts include the following #'s:

#liquimoly #btcc #oultonpark #autoracing #brandshatch #racinglife #trackdays #trackready #touringcars

Old 13 Dec 2022, 12:58 (Ref:4136999)   #827
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
https://twitter.com/bradleygravett/status/1602355254091284482?s=46&t=nnfWefPN0CBtbK1T_djaDQ

A BTCC drive for 2023?
I wouldn't have thought Tugging around mid grid in Minis points to a BTCC call up unless he has big money
Old 13 Dec 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4137002)   #828
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I wouldn't have thought Tugging around mid grid in Minis points to a BTCC call up unless he has big money
They (the Gravetts) have Liqui Moly support behind them.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 13:08 (Ref:4137004)   #829
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Didn’t hinder Jade Edwards….hardly spectacular performance in the Clios
Old 13 Dec 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4137010)   #830
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Does anyone get a "call up" without money these days?
Old 13 Dec 2022, 15:18 (Ref:4137024)   #831
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
At the end of the day it's not about results, it's about opportunity
Old 13 Dec 2022, 16:50 (Ref:4137051)   #832
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Does anyone get a "call up" without money these days?
No, or have they ever really.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 09:01 (Ref:4137109)   #833
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Gravett will be in Exclr8's driver development programme. Basically that means working with Ingram and a run out at the BTCC mid-season test. Otherwise he'll be doing full season in JCW.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 18:15 (Ref:4137196)   #834
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Its ironic that on his linkedin profile Jordan is saying he is a director of JC Registrations, manufacturers of handmade, bespoke number plates.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 19:37 (Ref:4137204)   #835
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
Its ironic that on his linkedin profile Jordan is saying he is a director of JC Registrations, manufacturers of handmade, bespoke number plates.
Pub owner drinking beer doesn't make money.
Old 15 Dec 2022, 08:36 (Ref:4137223)   #836
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Nic Hamilton recently spent a day with Mercedes-AMG and was offered the chance to drive their Formula 1 simulator.

Plenty of imagery from the day can be found here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CmFI8TLP...7-0cf74f7e8a9e

But - in terms of the BTCC - the following was written in an accompanying article:

'Once wheelchair-bound, Nico learned to walk at 17. In 2015, Nico became the first adaptive driver in the BTCC with ROKiT and signed a multi-year agreement this year to drive for the team for 2023 and beyond.'

Old 15 Dec 2022, 09:06 (Ref:4137228)   #837
Millvi
Racer

https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/15/patt...cing-for-2023/

"Team HARD. Racing has today (15 December) confirmed that 2022 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship rookie, Dexter Patterson will race for the squad in 2023."
Old 15 Dec 2022, 09:52 (Ref:4137229)   #838
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
But - in terms of the BTCC - the following was written in an accompanying article:

'Once wheelchair-bound, Nico learned to walk at 17. In 2015, Nico became the first adaptive driver in the BTCC with ROKiT and signed a multi-year agreement this year to drive for the team for 2023 and beyond.'

Does this mean that ROKiT are moving their sponsorship back to Nic after taking it to the BMW of Hill? Or is that just sloppy journalism in that article?
Old 15 Dec 2022, 10:03 (Ref:4137230)   #839
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Or is that just sloppy journalism in that article?
Well, considering they call him Nico...!
Old 15 Dec 2022, 10:06 (Ref:4137232)   #840
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Does this mean that ROKiT are moving their sponsorship back to Nic after taking it to the BMW of Hill? Or is that just sloppy journalism in that article?
I'm unsure - the article was published on 14 Dec and had a lot of input from the Hamilton camp - so a specific reference to 2023 (and beyond) seems to be very deliberate.

It feels like part of a wider driver to promote adaptive motorsport globally (F1 is referred to in the article as the 'different series') and focuses on Nic and his achievements and aspirations.

ROKiT also get more than one name-check. On the face of it, it seems a credible indication of Nic's future in the BTCC.
Old 15 Dec 2022, 10:09 (Ref:4137234)   #841
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The latter. From the previous paragraph implies that he is currently racing with ROKiT, and also gets his name wrong - "Nico competes in the BTCC with ROKiT Racing in a specially modified car and has competed in the Renault Clio Cup before that. "
Old 15 Dec 2022, 11:48 (Ref:4137243)   #842
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
https://www.btcc.net/2022/12/15/patt...cing-for-2023/

"Team HARD. Racing has today (15 December) confirmed that 2022 Kwik Fit British Touring Car Championship rookie, Dexter Patterson will race for the squad in 2023."
Had a tidy enough first year, exceeded my expectations. Hopefully the Brands GP qualifying pace is a sign of what's to come, though who knows what a HARD Cupra might throw up!

Autosport article says Aiden Moffat Racing (going to take a while to get used to not saying Laser Tools!) are looking at Cupras, but nothing 100% yet.
Old 15 Dec 2022, 13:15 (Ref:4137250)   #843
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm unsure - the article was published on 14 Dec and had a lot of input from the Hamilton camp - so a specific reference to 2023 (and beyond) seems to be very deliberate.

What input? It simply quotes what Lewis put on his social media
Old 16 Dec 2022, 08:32 (Ref:4137298)   #844
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra León Hamilton? Talked about his next year in the car Elig.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkington?Confirmed entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelley?MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023 – WSR confirmed as a 4-car entryInel.
PMR-1PMRAstra?Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRAstra????  
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 09:25 (Ref:4137301)   #845
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
why are there 7 question marks over entries that dont or cant happen when all the tbls have been confirmed
Old 16 Dec 2022, 09:34 (Ref:4137304)   #846
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring fan01 View Post
why are there 7 question marks over entries that dont or cant happen when all the tbls have been confirmed
I'm guessing you are referring to the final 7 rows of the table?
They are all entries that have been rumoured, or that the team/driver in question has expressed an intent to be on the grid in 2023.

Of the 4 rows listing teams - any one of them could eventually be entered with the Boardley TBL, or potentially in a form of partnership with Aiden Moffat Racing. But nothing has been attributed to those teams (AFAIK) that would give a positive indication of a link to any of those 3x TBLs.

Of the 2 rows listing drivers - they have both described 2022 as a sabbatical and could potentially be in any one of the drives on the grid. But again, I have seen nothing (AFAIK) that links those drivers to a particular seat.

Of the final row - we know that Gow will throw TBLs out the window to make that happen!!!
Old 16 Dec 2022, 10:16 (Ref:4137315)   #847
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully can go better in the Cupra than he did in the Infiniti.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 15:34 (Ref:4137349)   #848
Millvi
Racer

https://twitter.com/daniellloyd23/st...nu85A-22gfGftA

Dan Lloyd has tagged @btcc so can we assume he’s in for 2023? I hope so.
Old 16 Dec 2022, 15:38 (Ref:4137351)   #849
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
https://twitter.com/daniellloyd23/st...nu85A-22gfGftA

Dan Lloyd has tagged @btcc so can we assume he’s in for 2023? I hope so.
Good news! Just a few days ago he tweeted that he had nothing sorted!

(Hmm, looks like a cheap biro, must mean Team Hard! )
Old 16 Dec 2022, 16:02 (Ref:4137353)   #850
Millvi
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Good news! Just a few days ago he tweeted that he had nothing sorted!

(Hmm, looks like a cheap biro, must mean Team Hard! )
I hope it’s BTCC for him, I really enjoyed his YouTube output this year as well as his good showing in the championship. The comeback performance at Croft after the accident at Oulton was fantastic.

I’m guessing PMR or perhaps Speedworks.