Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 7 Jan 2023, 15:00 (Ref:4139192)   #926
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Saw Jade Edwards was doing something media-wise for the BTCC then which probably points towards her having a seat somewhere.
She certainly seems to have had some generous backers these last couple of years. BTCC seats are far from cheap to fund as we well know.
Old 7 Jan 2023, 16:53 (Ref:4139200)   #927
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millvi View Post
Interesting. Are you suggesting perhaps a big name departing the BTCC perhaps?
Or Rob Huff in ? Could happen….
Old 7 Jan 2023, 17:01 (Ref:4139201)   #928
Millvi
Racer

Millvi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Or Rob Huff in ? Could happen….
I’d love to see that. I was in and around the PMR garage in 2017 when he stood in for Chilton. Gave the team an instant boost that race weekend I recall.
Old 7 Jan 2023, 18:12 (Ref:4139207)   #929
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Rob will need to find a drive somewhere, so who knows?
Old 7 Jan 2023, 19:49 (Ref:4139209)   #930
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Rob will need to find a drive somewhere, so who knows?
Hasn't Huff said before he'd only take a drive if it was fully funded?
Old 7 Jan 2023, 20:04 (Ref:4139210)   #931
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Hasn't Huff said before he'd only take a drive if it was fully funded?
Yep and there aren’t many of them about! Mind you he was in negotiations with Speedworks for last year, but obviously that never happened.
Old 7 Jan 2023, 20:31 (Ref:4139212)   #932
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Yep and there aren’t many of them about! Mind you he was in negotiations with Speedworks for last year, but obviously that never happened.
Reckon that and WSR would be the only places we'd see him, and doubt any more 'manufacturer' entries are on the horizon. Chances might be higher now that WTCR has been canned.
Old 7 Jan 2023, 20:49 (Ref:4139215)   #933
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Huff doesn't need a full season drive. He's shown that he is quite happy doing the occasional one-off race as 'gun for hire'. WTCR may be dead but I expect he will pop up in the new TCR World Tour at some point.
Old 7 Jan 2023, 21:20 (Ref:4139217)   #934
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Huff doesn't need a full season drive. He's shown that he is quite happy doing the occasional one-off race as 'gun for hire'. WTCR may be dead but I expect he will pop up in the new TCR World Tour at some point.
He can't live off his World championship win for ever. I think he's lost or loosing his edge.... which seems to coincide with his growing waist line.

He needs to win something decent if he continues to expect to be offered paid drives.
Old 8 Jan 2023, 12:33 (Ref:4139241)   #935
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Autosport Show next weekend so there's bound to be some news then
If a Kia entry isn't announced then I don't want to know
Old 8 Jan 2023, 14:22 (Ref:4139247)   #936
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestHam92 View Post
If a Kia entry isn't announced then I don't want to know
Driven by Jason Plato and Rob Huff allegedly
Old 8 Jan 2023, 19:54 (Ref:4139256)   #937
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Driven by Jason Plato and Rob Huff allegedly
Surely they get Muller alongside Plato
Old 9 Jan 2023, 15:06 (Ref:4139369)   #938
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
He can't live off his World championship win for ever. I think he's lost or loosing his edge.... which seems to coincide with his growing waist line.

He needs to win something decent if he continues to expect to be offered paid drives.
Did you see what he did last season? If that's losing your edge sign me up for it.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4139419)   #939
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post

C’est la vie.

In other words: I don't think he will really care if he has no drive.
Old 9 Jan 2023, 19:17 (Ref:4139423)   #940
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Did you see what he did last season? If that's losing your edge sign me up for it.
Yup, absolutely no where near what he was in his prime.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 06:56 (Ref:4139511)   #941
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hopefully we will get some announcements by the end of the week.
Old 10 Jan 2023, 07:47 (Ref:4139521)   #942
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think its highly likely there will be something on Thursday - opening day of the Autosport International
Old 10 Jan 2023, 08:01 (Ref:4139525)   #943
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
We can hope - but this is normal for BTCC.

2022 - 11 drivers announced before Christmas.
2023 - 12 drivers announce before Christmas.

It was the end of January before we got beyond 12 names announced last season - patience is a virtue.

As a reminder ahead of ASI - here's what we know so far:

2023 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N Performance?????????
EXCELR8-4Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback N PerformanceHalsteadConfirmed in press releaseElig.
Team Dynamics-1Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Shedden?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Team Dynamics-2Halfords/Cataclean?Civic?Rowbottom?Talked about next year with the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-1Aiden Moffat Racing???Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Aiden Moffat Racing??????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA RacingFocus?SuttonConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA RacingFocus?CammishConfirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3MotorbaseFocus?Osborne?Talked about looking forward to next year with the teamElig.
Motorbase-4MotorbaseFocus????  
HARD.-1HARD.Cupra León Taylor-SmithConfirmed as multi-year in press releaseInel.
HARD.-2HARD.Cupra LeónThompsonConfirmed in press releaseInel.
HARD.-3HARD.Cupra LeónPattersonConfirmed in press releaseElig.
HARD.-4HARD.Cupra LeónLloydConfirmed in press releaseInel.
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
Speedworks-3Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla??????????
WSR-1Team BMW/Ciceley Commercials?BMW 330e M SportMorganConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-2Team BMW?BMW 330e M SportTurkington?Confirmed entry in press releaseInel.
WSR-3MB MotorsportBMW 330e M SportHillConfirmed in press releaseInel.
WSR-4MB Motorsport?BMW 330e M SportJelley?MB talked about a 2-car entry for 2023 – WSR confirmed as a 4-car entryInel.
PMR-1PMRAstra?Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2PMRAstra????  
BTC-1Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-2Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
BTC-3Rich Energy BTC Racing?Civic???? Reported as considering a new build???
Boardley-1??????Boardley?Has described 2022 as a sabbaticalElig.
TOCA-1Not allocated    
TOCA-2Not allocated    
TOCA-3Not allocated    
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Bert Taylor Racing???????Talked about getting a TBL for 2023???
?????????Proctor?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Smelt?Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
?????????Hamilton?Talked about being in a car for 2023 Inel.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 10:31 (Ref:4139845)   #944
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
I think its highly likely there will be something on Thursday - opening day of the Autosport International
No big fuss from the BTCC about this year's show and not even a mention of them having a stand?
Old 12 Jan 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4139856)   #945
Pickles
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
No big fuss from the BTCC about this year's show and not even a mention of them having a stand?
All I've seen is Jade and Jake doing some Instagram stuff and the odd driver saying they're attending
Old 12 Jan 2023, 12:54 (Ref:4139857)   #946
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looking through Twitter, Facebook etc I have not seen much news at all coming out of the Autosport Show from any series apart from TCR UK.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 13:29 (Ref:4139860)   #947
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
However I just picked the feed from the main stage on You Tube where Alan Hyde was talking to Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden. Matt Neal did say that Alan Gow is looking at a 2 driver race maybe this year but more than likely for 2024.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 14:03 (Ref:4139869)   #948
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
However I just picked the feed from the main stage on You Tube where Alan Hyde was talking to Matt Neal and Gordon Shedden. Matt Neal did say that Alan Gow is looking at a 2 driver race maybe this year but more than likely for 2024.
Hope it will happen and some notable faces turn up - however I assume the majority of second drivers would be wealthy gentleman drivers, rather than touring car and racing talents from elsewhere as we'd like!
Old 12 Jan 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4139870)   #949
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Hope it will happen and some notable faces turn up - however I assume the majority of second drivers would be wealthy gentleman drivers, rather than touring car and racing talents from elsewhere as we'd like!
It's just a guess on my part - but my expectation would be that the race would see the second driver come from the same team (in the main).

e.g if we were looking at the 2022 grid, the entrants would be:

NAPA Racing - Sutton/Cammish
Apec Racing - Jackson/Osborne
Bristol Street - Ingram/Chilton
Bristol Street - Butel/Lloyd
Gazoo - Butcher/Collard

etc....

Why do I think this?
As you say, I can't see too many big names from elsewhere coming in. There is also the teams' budgets to consider. The teams will budget against a certain amount of mileage in a season. A 2-driver race will surely be over a longer distance, and so teams will want to share that mileage across 2 cars.

Noticeable exceptions may be Neal joining as a second driver, and possibly Tony Gilham. Otherwise, I would expect it to be drivers from a junior category stepping up to fill the spaces if the grid remains the same size for the race.
Old 12 Jan 2023, 14:23 (Ref:4139873)   #950
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
From the interview Matt Neal said that it would be good see international drivers in. I guess we just have to wait and see what happens.

Matt Neal also said that he expects his old mate Mr Plato to back at BTC as that he want's that 100th win....